Author Topic: Donald Trump Sizzles in Foreign, Defense Policy Speech: ‘I Will Never Let You Down’  (Read 2425 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump Sizzles in Foreign, Defense Policy Speech: ‘I Will Never Let You Down’
Breitbart, Sep 7, 2016, Matthew Boyle

Donald Trump, the Republican nominee for president, dazzled in yet another speech in which he outperformed expectations here on Wednesday laying out a strategic vision for the United States under a Trump presidency when it comes to foreign and defense policy. 

The speech, which stunned media figures, pundits, and those throughout the political class, only seemed to get better as every line went by.

After an introduction from retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Trump opened the address by harkening back to a key theme of Ronald Reagan’s vision for the U.S. role on the world stage: Peace Through Strength.

“Today, I am here to talk about three crucial words that should be at the center of our foreign policy: Peace Through Strength,” Trump opened his remarks by saying.

Trump said that America can and should achieve a “stable, peaceful world with less conflict and more common ground” with his proposals of a “new foreign policy focused on advancing America’s core national interests, promoting regional stability, and producing an easing of tensions in the world.”

“This will require rethinking the failed policies of the past,” Trump said. “We can make new friends, rebuild old alliances, and bring new allies into the fold.”

Trump noted how national security leaders are rallying around his campaign, and against the campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton, specifically citing the Tuesday letter from 88 retired U.S. generals and admirals endorsing him for president.

He noted these leaders “know both how to win – and how to avoid the endless wars we are caught in now” and called for a new vision of “realism” in the Middle East.

“In a Trump Administration, our actions in the Middle East will be tempered by realism,” Trump said. “The current strategy of toppling regimes, with no plan for what to do the day after, only produces power vacuums that are filled by terrorists. Gradual reform, not sudden and radical change, should be our guiding objective in that region.”

Trump called for alliances with any nation that wants to join the United States in “destroying” the Islamic State and “Radical Islamic terrorism” in general.

“We should work with any country that shares our goal of destroying ISIS and defeating Radical Islamic terrorism, and form new friendships and partnerships based on this mission,” Trump said. “We now have an Administration, and a former Secretary of State, who refuse to say Radical Islamic Terrorism.”

He then reiterated his plan to ask the generals in the U.S. military to “immediately” after he takes office, “present to me a plan within 30 days to defeat and destroy ISIS.”

Perhaps most importantly, Trump used this address before the Union League here in Philadelphia to weave together a coherent string connecting all of his previous major policy addresses—on crime, national security, jobs and the economy, defeating radical Islamic terrorism, trade and immigration.

“This will require military warfare, but also cyber warfare, financial warfare, and ideological warfare – as I laid out in my speech on defeating Radical Islamic terrorism several weeks ago,” Trump said of his plan to destroy the Islamic State.

And he noted that he will not engage in an “apology tour” like President Barack Obama has—and Hillary Clinton would—but instead show the world how “proud” Americans are.

“Instead of an apology tour, I will proudly promote our system of government and our way of life as the best in the world – just like we did in our campaign against communism during the Cold War,” Trump said. “We will show the whole world how proud we are to be American.”

Trump also connected all of this with “immigration security,” referring back to his immigration policy speech in Phoenix last week.

“At the same time, immigration security is a vital part of our national security,” Trump said. “We only want to admit people to our country who will support our values and love our people.”

All of these connected, Trump said, are “the pillars of a sound national security strategy.”

From here, Trump ripped Hillary Clinton as “trigger-happy,” and “unstable.” He said:

Read more:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/07/donald-trump-sizzles-foreign-defense-policy-speech-will-never-let/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Full replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pep7ujf_6lk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pep7ujf_6lk

Offline Frank Cannon

‘I Will Never Let You Down’

And his word is as good as gold.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Here are the proposals presented in Trump's speech today in Philadelphia:

FACT SHEET: KEY POLICIES PROPOSED IN MR. TRUMP’S MILITARY READINESS SPEECH

Today Mr. Trump Will Lay Out Several New Proposals Designed To Update And Upgrade America’s Military

PROPOSAL: Immediately after taking office, Mr. Trump will ask the generals to present a plan within 30 days to defeat and destroy ISIS.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will ask Congress to fully eliminate the defense sequester and will submit a new budget to rebuild our military as soon as he assumes office.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build an active Army of around 540,000, as the Army’s chief of staff has said he needs.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build a Marine Corps based on 36 battalions, which the Heritage Foundation notes is the minimum needed to deal with major contingencies.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build a Navy approaching 350 surface ships and submarines, as recommended by the bipartisan National Defense Panel.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build an Air Force of at least 1,200 fighter aircraft, which the Heritage Foundation has shown to be needed to execute current missions.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will seek to develop a state of the art missile defense system.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will modernize our nation’s naval cruisers to provide Ballistic Missile Defense capabilities.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will enforce all classification rules, and enforce all laws relating to the handling of classified information.

PROPOSAL: One of Mr. Trump’s first commands after taking office will be asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all relevant federal departments, to conduct a thorough review of United States cyber defenses and identify all vulnerabilities – in our power grid, our communications systems, and all vital infrastructure.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/fact-sheet-key-policies-proposed-in-mr.-trumps-military-preparedness-speech

Offline aligncare

Many of us who are open to Donald Trump and have not been psychologically scared or repulsed by Mr. Trump, like some poor babies, looked objectively at his history, his reputation in business, personal accounts from friends and associates, his business successes and his failures.

We weighed these things and just knew that after the flak had cleared that people would come to realize what a remarkably talented man Donald Trump is.

So I'm not worried. I believe Donald Trump will make an excellent commander-in-chief. And I believe voters will take the measure of the man and come to the right conclusions about him, his character, his abilities, his love of all Americans and his love of our American culture.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Let it burn.

Offline sinkspur

PROPOSAL: Immediately after taking office, Mr. Trump will ask the generals to present a plan within 30 days to defeat and destroy ISIS.

Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Mjy9ETtRY
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will ask Congress to fully eliminate the defense sequester and will submit a new budget to rebuild our military as soon as he assumes office.

The Freedom Caucus in the GOP House may have something to say about that, seeing as how the Sequester was the single best economic achievement of the Republican Congress in the last four years. In fact, it was the only vehicle that has actually reduced spending in the last forty years.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He's going to do it all with the help of Putin.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
LOL.  You were faster than I was.  I'll delete mine.
888high58888

That song keeps turning up, doesn't it?
Let it burn.

Offline Frank Cannon

Many of us who are open to Donald Trump and have not been psychologically scared or repulsed by Mr. Trump, like some poor babies, looked objectively at his history, his reputation in business, personal accounts from friends and associates, his business successes and his failures.

We weighed these things and just knew that after the flak had cleared that people would come to realize what a remarkably talented man Donald Trump is.

So I'm not worried. I believe Donald Trump will make an excellent commander-in-chief. And I believe voters will take the measure of the man and come to the right conclusions about him, his character, his abilities, his love of all Americans and his love of our American culture.

And that's what makes you the definition of a Liberal Democrat.

Offline aligncare

That's not the story my voting record tells...but what do you care about truth or reality?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:52:36 am by aligncare »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Alternate headline:

Donald Trump sycophants fawn over Trump's latest speech: "Sizzles"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

The Freedom Caucus in the GOP House may have something to say about that, seeing as how the Sequester was the single best economic achievement of the Republican Congress in the last four years. In fact, it was the only vehicle that has actually reduced spending in the last forty years.

@sinkspur

It appears Mr Trump hasn't read the latest CBO report regarding our fiscal situation.

Unbeknownst to him, the deficit is now rising again. The next president will inherit these deficits and the rising debt. Will our debt be at 30 trillion when Trump leaves after an 8 year term? Is that acceptable?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Somebody tell Trump that the military already has its own judicial system.

When asked about rape in the military " "we have to come down very hard on it. We need a court system within the military"

Wingnut

Offline Suppressed

When asked about rape in the military " "we have to come down very hard on it. We need a court system within the military"

Why bother?  His fanbois don't care about facts!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

He is easily the stupidest person to ever run for President.

Offline Vulcan

Alternate headline:

Donald Trump sycophants fawn over Trump's latest speech: "Sizzles"

Placing one's trust in a New York liberal is as foolish as it gets.   

Especially when he changes his positions almost daily.

Silver Pines

Truly one of the saddest posts I've seen on this forum. 

Jim Robinson would love it.  That pic of Trump made him babble with awestruck delight.

Offline Vulcan

Truly one of the saddest posts I've seen on this forum. 

Jim Robinson would love it.  That pic of Trump made him babble with awestruck delight.

For the Trump sycophants who drool over him when he was young.