Author Topic: Donald Trump accidentally declares himself ineligible for the presidency  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Donald Trump accidentally declares himself ineligible for the presidency

Why's that tricky? Because asserting that Clinton can't be president if she doesn't remember details in an interview would mean that Trump, too, is ineligible for the nation's highest office. Big league.

As part of The Post's research for our biography of the Republican nominee, we compiled hundreds of documents from Trump's past. Among those were a number of depositions from a tiny portion of the thousands of lawsuits to which Trump has been a party over the years. And in those depositions? Constant assertions by Trump that he couldn't recall or didn't know the answers to questions offered him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/07/donald-trump-just-declared-himself-ineligible-for-the-presidency/?ref=yfp

Oh boy.  That's what happens when both candidates know how to maneuver around the law.  Hillary and her Law degree.  Trump and his experience in court.....
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Donald Trump accidentally declares himself ineligible for the presidency
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 01:02:07 am »
Donald Trump accidentally declares himself ineligible for the presidency

Why's that tricky? Because asserting that Clinton can't be president if she doesn't remember details in an interview would mean that Trump, too, is ineligible for the nation's highest office. Big league.

As part of The Post's research for our biography of the Republican nominee, we compiled hundreds of documents from Trump's past. Among those were a number of depositions from a tiny portion of the thousands of lawsuits to which Trump has been a party over the years. And in those depositions? Constant assertions by Trump that he couldn't recall or didn't know the answers to questions offered him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/07/donald-trump-just-declared-himself-ineligible-for-the-presidency/?ref=yfp

Oh boy.  That's what happens when both candidates know how to maneuver around the law.  Hillary and her Law degree.  Trump and his experience in court.....

Both are striving for more power, more fame and ultimately more fortune.  Hillary has been in the political arena for decades and involved in numerous scandals; she has made her way by lying and denying responsibility for any corruption.  Trump has been in the business arena for decades and has made his way by manipulating the system, the courts and the media. How in the world did we get to this point as a country?  We are faced with a compulsive lying criminal and a psychopathic narcissist as our presidential candidates.  It is clear in this forum we have come to the same conclusions about Hillary, yet it is equally clear that not everyone is in agreement in their evaluation of Trump.  Some fail to see that he has manipulated their emotions, distrust of government and accept his blatant outlandish comments and attacks on others.  Others like myself fail to trust in what he says and find his liberal past and bombastic attitude alarming.  Both are so similar in many ways and that is what I find most troubling. The only difference that I really see is that they just market themselves a little differently.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:04:52 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:10:21 am »
Both are striving for more power, more fame and ultimately more fortune.  Hillary has been in the political arena for decades and involved in numerous scandals; she has made her way by lying and denying responsibility for any corruption.  Trump has been in the business arena for decades and has made his way by manipulating the system, the courts and the media. How in the world did we get to this point as a country?  We are faced with a compulsive lying criminal and a psychopathic narcissist as our presidential candidates.  It is clear in this forum we have come to the same conclusions about Hillary, yet it is equally clear that not everyone is in agreement in their evaluation of Trump.  Some fail to see that he has manipulated their emotions, distrust of government and accept his blatant outlandish attacks on others.  Others like myself fail to trust in what he says and find his liberal past and bombastic attitude alarming.  Both are so similar in many ways and that is what I find most troubling.

Oh yeah I am going to watch them face off tonight with no real expectation I won't get bored and fall asleep.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:10:55 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:59 am »
Oh yeah I am going to watch them face off tonight with no real expectation I won't get bored and fall asleep.

I'm watching mythbusters reruns.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 01:25:24 am »
I'm watching mythbusters reruns.

My son loves that!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:26:58 am »
Darn ... that's right I think it aired here about an hour ago.  I'll catch the recaps.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 01:29:13 am »
Darn ... that's right I think it aired here about an hour ago.  I'll catch the recaps.

On at 8:00 wonder if I have popcorn?