Author Topic: 5 Steps to Political Epiphany  (Read 918 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
5 Steps to Political Epiphany
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:04:11 pm »
:0001: I thought I'd post this in it's own thread, for discussion and maybe, wider viewing :seeya:

5 Steps to Political Epiphany

http://stepstopoliticalepiphany.com/ ^ | by Rev. Cary K. Gordon

Step 1: Something is Wrong!
I have always been passionate about politics. I have always participated in politics as a citizen. I love America. I believe in our founding principles, and I hate watching those principles evaporate in the heat of pagan American culture. In 2004, I took my love of country to a new level, and I entered the political world, not merely as a citizen, but as a pastor. I have learned something during the last ten years about politics that you need to understand, because it will change the way you view your duty in the voting booth. With that said, I give you... Step 1: Something Is Wrong!

Step 2: Listen To Yourself!

If I wanted to decide whether or not a particular product was worth buying, I would simply evaluate the product’s customer reviews, and determine whether or not it was worthy of my purchase. Intelligent people don’t want to repeat recorded mistakes. For example, if I discovered that a particular brand of hairspray was rumored to have a history of making people’s hair melt and fall-out, I would not run down to the store and try-it-out to see if the rumors were true. But that is exactly how most Americans treat politics, when they use situational ethics as the basis of their political decisions. With that said, I give you... Step 2: Listen To Yourself!

Step 3: Duverger is Lord?

Maurice Duverger was a popular political sociologist (himself a communist) who became rather famous when he published empirical evidence for what became known as Duverger’s Law. His law concluded that a two-party system will tend to discourage the success of third, fourth, and fifth-parties in the political world for a simple, two-fold reason: 1) The tendency for alliances to be made by weaker factions seeking to win, and 2) the tendency for voters themselves to gradually abandon the best political choices in favor of a worse choice presumed to be better suited to actually win the contest. To make it very simple – Duverger correctly identified how the sin-nature of men who ignored God’s moral and civic laws would behave on any given day, in an environment where winning a contest was more important to them than defending proven truths. Step 3: Duverger is Lord?

Step 4: If I Were the Devil

I sinned by voting for John McCain in 2008. I caved into the pressure of Republican Party propaganda, and violated the Law of God. My ignorance of how Christian people were being disingenuously exploited by the Republican Party allowed Duverger to once again mascaraed as Lord. I knew McCain would be the supposed lesser of two evils, and I didn’t want Barak Obama to destroy Americanism, so I convinced myself I was voting for Sara Palin, and I voted for John McCain. I won't ever do it again, because I’ve learned from my sins of ignorance. Step 4: If I Were the Devil

Step 5: A Fresh Plumbline
Do you know what happens to a child that is never told no and is never punished for terrible behavior? Any psychiatrist worth his salt will tell you that if you reward a child for bad behavior they will eventually become a monster. A political party is a lot like a child, because, a political party is simply a group of human beings coalescing into a larger group, and bringing all of their own childhood proclivities (good and bad) with them. What happens to a child that is never told no and is never punished for terrible behavior, or worse, REWARDED for terrible behavior? The same thing that has happened to the Republican Party over the last many years. Step 5: A Fresh Plumbline

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: 5 Steps to Political Epiphany
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:07 pm »
Gets right to the heart of things if you ask me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 04:42:31 pm »
 888high58888 :amen:

The problem.  We lost our plumb line.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 05:15:53 pm »
bookmark

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »
@L9teen

I'll get back to this after work. Yes, I'm using a company computer to screw around.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley