Author Topic: Trump Vows to Rebuild the Military  (Read 234 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump Vows to Rebuild the Military
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:00:40 pm »
So, I actually listened to Limbaugh for a short time today. I should have known better.  I thought Trump gave a really good speech, but I thought Limbaugh's commentary was over the top ridiculous -- I get that he worships and adores Trump but to make comments like ... his tie matches the flags or he hasn't coughed once yet .... Seriously?  He ticked me off after the interview when he made the comment that with the 16 other candidates we would have gotten more of the same.  Nope.  Not with Walker and certainly not with Cruz. I'm surprised Limbaugh doesn't follow him around and wash his feet after each speech.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Trump is speaking in Philadelphia today on military matters.  He's doing quite well.  I want to join a little bit of this in progress just to give you a flavor for how Trump is sounding today.  Looking great, too.

TRUMP:  We have to create that strength, and sometimes we have to reduce bureaucracy.  It just gets in our way.

AUDIENCE: (applause)

RUSH:  Getting a lot of applause here, announcing military reforms and upgrades.  It's a really good speech.

TRUMP:  Early in my term I will also be requesting that all NATO nations promptly pay their bills, which many are not now doing.

AUDIENCE: (applause and cheers)

RUSH:  His tie matches the American flag background.

TRUMP:  Only five NATO countries including the United States are currently meeting their minimum requirement to spend 2% of GDP on defense.

RUSH:  His hair is not orange today.

TRUMP:  They understand it. They know they have to do it. They can afford to do it.  They have no respect for our leadership.  They have no respect for our country.  They will do it.  They'll be happy to do it.  They will be happy to do it.

RUSH:  They'll be happy to do it.  It's a very well received speech, I have to tell you.

TRUMP:  Additionally, I will be respectfully asking countries, such as Germany, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia to pay more for the tremendous security we provide them.

RUSH:  I'm not hearing Trump cough, either.  No coughs so far, not a one during this speech.

TRUMP:  And they'll fully understand.  They're economic behemoths.  They're tremendously successful countries, but we're subsidizing them for billions and billions of dollars.  I think they'll fully understand.  Finally, we will have at our disposal additional revenues from unleashing American energy.  The Institute for Energy Research cites a short run figure of as much as $36 billion annually from increased energy production, tremendous amounts of money.

RUSH:  It's a very substantive speech on reforming and rebuilding the military, folks.

TRUMP:  Tremendous numbers of jobs and tremendous amounts of money. And, your electric bills will go down, is something else about it.

RUSH:  Well, I'd be careful about that.  That never happens.

TRUMP:  Using these new funds, I will ask my secretary of defense to propose a new defense budget to meet the following longtime goals.

RUSH:  Here we go.

TRUMP:  We will build an active army of around 540,000, as the Army's chief of staff has said he needs desperately and really must have to protect our country.  We now --

RUSH:  He hasn't even cleared his throat yet, much less coughed. Nothing like that at all.

--more --

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/09/07/trump_vows_to_rebuild_the_military
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.