Author Topic: Snob Alert: NPR Star Keillor's 'Surprisingly Vicious' Trump Attack  (Read 1522 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Snob Alert: NPR Star Keillor's 'Surprisingly Vicious' Trump Attack
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:07:08 am »
Snob Alert: NPR Star Keillor's 'Surprisingly Vicious' Trump Attack

Longtime National Public Radio star Garrison Keillor just finished four decades on state-subsidized radio on A Prairie Home Companion. For almost that long, he's been an easy example of a pretentious liberal snob, precisely the kind who seriously loathes a Donald Trump. If NPR ever wanted to wonder why they haven't been granted a Trump interview, it's because he knows NPR is an elite liberal sandbox for people who congratulate themselves on their marvelous taste and mental acuity.

So when Keillor penned an acidulous character assassination of Trump for the Chicago Tribune, the liberals were very pleased. At Vox.com, they raved "Most pundits who attack Trump denounce him as racist, dangerous, and authoritarian. But Keillor does something that is probably much more likely to get under the billionaire’s skin: He makes him look pathetic."

Keillor's conceit is that Trump is going to lose, and lose badly.

The cap does not look good on you, it's a duffer's cap, and when you come to the microphone, you look like the warm-up guy, the guy who announces the license number of the car left in the parking lot, doors locked, lights on, motor running. The brim shadows your face, which gives a sinister look, as if you'd come to town to announce the closing of the pulp factory. Your eyes look dead and your scowl does not suggest American greatness so much as American indigestion. Your hair is the wrong color: People don't want a president to be that shade of blond. You know that now.

Then comes the snobbery, that Trump's obnoxious show of wealth is overcompensating for never being cool with the Jews:

Continued At: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2016/09/05/snob-alert-keillor-surprisingly-vicious-for-a-red-shoed-ninnymuggins

Offline goatprairie

Re: Snob Alert: NPR Star Keillor's 'Surprisingly Vicious' Trump Attack
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 11:33:15 pm »
It doesnt' matter if it's Trump or any other Pubbie....Garrulous Squealer has been unhinged concerning Republicans for many decades...maybe since birth.
I remember reading an interview of Keillor done in the early 90s where the interviewer was asking him general questions about the state of the union, and the subject of politics came up. Keillor went on this unhinged rant about Republicans in general as being the scum of the nation.
Now Keillor had to know that probably half of his audience voted for Republicans. I was a Dem at the time, but I was shocked by the utter incoherence of Keillor's rant. He didn't sound like he had all his marbles.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:29:44 am »
The original column:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-losing-garrison-keillor-20160831-story.html

I don't usually agree with Keillor's upper-midwest-style liberalism, but I can certainly see his theory being plausible.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 12:32:14 am »

Not surprising at all. Garrison Keillor is one nasty left-wing SOB.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 12:53:52 am »

But Keillor does something that is probably much more likely to get under the billionaire’s skin: He makes him look pathetic."

I guess you just confirmed that your candidate is thin skinned and can't handle critical reporting.  Really shows that he is unable to run the country.  Imagine 4 years of critical reporting and an enormous amount of reporting in foreign countries of which you know they will make him look pathetic.

Well he is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:04:09 am »
There is not now, and never has been, anyone more thin skinned than Obama and Hillary. When Obama came to office, and this is public knowledge, he and his staff were proposing legislation that made criticizing Obama "Illegal". And I mean they wanted to make it 'illegal' in the sense that you could be arrested by the police for criticizing Obama.

Both Obama and Hillary have learned how to shield themselves from criticism by not allowing themselves to read or hear what is being said about them. The most important thing is, they found a way around their 'issues' with critics.

I doubt that Trump would ever shield himself from anything, but I am sure he will be able to get used to it, if he hasn't already.

I will never understand this endless meme about Trump that everything he has ever done is what he will always do to the day he dies. For example, "At one time HE SUPPORTED HILLARY!!" The idea being that because he supported Hillary 15 years ago, he must still support her today. Because he was once thinned skinned he will always be thin skinned.

Is Trump incapable of any change at all of any kind? From what I read, that seems to be the way many people think.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 01:07:51 am »
Is Trump incapable of any change at all of any kind? From what I read, that seems to be the way many people think.
The old adage goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Donald Trump is pretty old and set in his ways... and besides, sudden changes of heart aren't all that believable when the person changing has something to gain from it—namely, a position as powerful as the Presidency.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:38 am »
Do not understand why this guy even has a show.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 01:28:40 am »
There is not now, and never has been, anyone more thin skinned than Obama and Hillary. When Obama came to office, and this is public knowledge, he and his staff were proposing legislation that made criticizing Obama "Illegal". And I mean they wanted to make it 'illegal' in the sense that you could be arrested by the police for criticizing Obama.

Both Obama and Hillary have learned how to shield themselves from criticism by not allowing themselves to read or hear what is being said about them. The most important thing is, they found a way around their 'issues' with critics.

I doubt that Trump would ever shield himself from anything, but I am sure he will be able to get used to it, if he hasn't already.

I will never understand this endless meme about Trump that everything he has ever done is what he will always do to the day he dies. For example, "At one time HE SUPPORTED HILLARY!!" The idea being that because he supported Hillary 15 years ago, he must still support her today. Because he was once thinned skinned he will always be thin skinned.

His critics completely misread him. Donald Trump throughout his entire career has adapted to challenges, learned from them, continually strove to improve his performance at work and at play. It's no secret. He's lived life in the public eye for 40 years. It's public record.

Prove me wrong, NeverTrump. I say Mr. Trump spent his life striving for peak performance in all things -- just watch him on the campaign trail, or on the golf course. He's an excellent golfer – wins amateur tournaments.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:32:20 am by aligncare »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 01:29:35 am »
Do not understand why this guy even has a show.
Actually, he doesn't anymore. He retired from that gig this past summer.

He came up with this idea of an affectionate homage to old-time radio and rural life about 40 years ago and it caught on. I listened every once in a while myself. The show had a certain nostalgic appeal.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 01:31:01 am »
His critics completely misread him. Donald Trump throughout his entire career has adapted to challenges, learned from them, continually strove to improve his performance at work and at play. It's no secret. He's lived life in the public eye for 40 years. It's public record.

Prove me wrong, NeverTrump. I say Mr. Trump spent his life striving for peak performance in all things -- just watch him on the campaign trail.
You have inadvertently proven a key point of ours: it was all about him, all along. Even the businesses he launched all are emblazoned with the name TRUMP. That is also public record.