Author Topic: Phyllis Schlafly: Trump In Mexico Recalls Reagan In Geneva  (Read 479 times)

Offline unknown

Phyllis Schlafly: Trump In Mexico Recalls Reagan In Geneva
« on: September 07, 2016, 12:15:28 am »

Phyllis Schlafly: Trump In Mexico Recalls Reagan In Geneva

http://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/phyllis-schlafly-trump-in-mexico-recalls-reagan-in-geneva/

PHYLLIS SCHLAFLY
9/6/16

Donald Trump's surprise visit to Mexico, where he met the Mexican president and discussed the many contentious issues between our two countries, reminds me of President Reagan's important trip to Geneva in 1985. Reagan was more than willing to sit down with the Communist leader in an effort to build a personal connection between the two men without sacrificing America's vital interests in the Cold War.

The 1985 Geneva summit was highly advertised as a potential showdown between Reagan and Gorbachev, the supposedly reasonable new Soviet leader. When it was over, Americans realized that behind Reagan's genial affability was a steely determination to protect our country against the threat from Soviet nuclear missiles.

Just as today's mainstream media is bent on undermining Trump's call to put Americans first in our dealings with Mexico, the media of the 1980s (led by ABC's Sam Donaldson and CBS's Dan Rather) were overwhelmingly pro-Gorbachev and anti-Reagan in their daily coverage.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Phyllis Schlafly: Trump In Mexico Recalls Reagan In Geneva
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:46 am »
Amazing: she's been dead a full day and she's still writing columns.

If you need any more proof Trump's a secret Democrat, I note that the dead are voting for him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024