Author Topic: "Who Is He To Confront Me?" - Philippine President Unloads On "Son Of A Bitch" Barack Obama  (Read 1449 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-05/who-he-confront-me-philippines-president-unloads-son-bitch-barack-obama

What was an embarrassing weekend for president Barack Obama, whose arrival at the G-20 summit in China was a case study in diplomatic humiliation, just turned even worse when on Monday, Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte warned the US president not to question him about extrajudicial killings, or "son of a bitch I will swear at you" when the two presidents meet at a summit in Laos in the coming days.

The topic of Duterte's killing spree, supposedly involving mostly criminals and drug-traffickers, without due process has raised eyebrows most recently by the United Nations, which urged the Philippines to stop executing and killing people linked to drug business and threatened that “state actors” could be punished. As a result, two weeks ago Duterte lashed out at the UN and threatened that the country could leave the UN. "Maybe we'll just have to decide to separate from the United Nations. If you're that rude, son of a bitch, we'll just leave you," Duterte told reporters in Davao, quoted by Bloomberg. “I don't give a sh** about them,” he added. “They are the ones interfering. You do not just go out and give a s***ng statement against a country.”

Fast forward to today when the outspoken president lobbed a preemptive warning at Obama, and before flying to Laos where the two heads of state are set to meet, said that he is a leader of a sovereign country and is answerable only to the Filipino people. He was answering a reporter's question about how he intends to explain the extrajudicial killings of drug dealers to Obama. More than 2,000 suspected drug pushers have been killed since Duterte launched a war on drugs after taking office on June 30.

In his typical foul-mouthed style, Duterte was quoted by AP as responding: "Who does he think he is?  I am no American puppet. I am the president of a sovereign country and I am not answerable to anyone except the Filipino people, nobody but nobody. You must be respectful. Do not just throw questions. Son of a bitch I will swear at you in that forum," he said.

Duterte went on to blame the US for causing the unrest on the southern Philippines Island of Mindanao. "As a matter of fact, we inherited this problem from the United States," he said. "Why? Because they invaded this country and made us their subjugated people. Everybody has a terrible record of extra-judicial killing. Why make an issue about fighting crime?" He added: "Look at the human rights of America along that line. The way they treat the migrants there."

Duterte has earlier cursed the pope and U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

Aware of the firestorm his question would provoke from his less than diplomatic peer, it wasn't clear whether Obama plans to raise the issue of extrajudicial killings with Duterte during a meeting on the sidelines of the summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

"Who is he to confront me?" Duterte said, adding that the Philippines had not received an apology for misdeeds committed during the U.S. colonization of the Philippines. He pointed to the killing of Muslim Moros more than a century ago during a U.S. pacification campaign in the southern Philippines, blaming the wounds of the past as "the reason why (the south) continues to boil" with separatist insurgencies. Duterte then once again pointed to human rights problems in the United States.

Last week, Duterte said he was ready to defend his bloody crackdown on illegal drugs, which has sparked concern from the U.S. and other countries. The president also said he would demand that Obama allow him to first explain the context of his crackdown before engaging the U.S. president in a discussion of the deaths.

In response, Obama suggested Monday his planned meeting with Duterte may not go forward. "I always want to make sure if I'm having a meeting that it's productive and we're getting something done," Obama said during his news conference.

"If and when we have a meeting, this is something that is going to be brought up," Obama said, referring to the Philippines' controversial record of combating drug crime since Duterte took office earlier this year.

Obama has been attending a meeting of the Group of 20 nations in Hangzhou, China, where his infamous snub by China made global headlines over the weekend. It appears he may have hed enough snubs for one trip.

Wingnut

US President Barack Obama has cancelled a meeting in Laos with Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who had earlier called him a "son of a whore".
National Security Council spokesman Ned Price said Mr Obama would meet South Korea's president instead.
Mr Obama had said he would raise the issue of drug-related extrajudicial killings in the Philippines.
Mr Duterte said if he did that, "Putang ina (son of a whore) I will swear at you in that forum."
Mr Obama flew to Laos on Monday for an Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit, after attending the G20 meeting in Hangzhou, China.
Duterte: From 'Punisher' to president
Speaking in Manila before he left for Laos, Mr Duterte referred to his anti-drugs campaign that has led to the killing of 2,400 suspected drug dealers and users since he took office in June.
Mr Duterte has sanctioned the killing of drug dealers to try to wipe out the narcotics trade.
"The campaign against drugs will continue. Many will die, plenty will be killed until the last pusher is out of the streets.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37281821

Offline Vulcan

But, but, but...

“People don’t remember, but when I came into office, the Untied States in world opinion ranked below China and just barley above Russia, and today once again, the Untied States is the most respected country on earth." ~Barack Obama, Jan 2015

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Philippines' Duterte calls Obama 'son of a whore'

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte called Barack Obama a "son of a whore" on Monday as he vowed not to be lectured by the US leader on human rights when they meet in Laos.

The acid-tongued Duterte bristled at warnings he would face questioning by the US president over a war against drugs in the Philippines that has claimed more than 2,400 lives in just over two months.

"You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions and statements. Son of a whore, I will curse you in that forum," Duterte told a news conference shortly before flying to Laos to attend a summit.

"We will be wallowing in the mud like pigs if you do that to me."

Duterte was due to hold a bilateral meeting with Obama on Tuesday afternoon on the sidelines of a gathering of global leaders hosted by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Vientiane, the Lao capital.

But shortly after Duterte spoke, Obama appeared to cast doubt on whether such a meeting could take place.

Calling Duterte "a colourful guy", the US president said was asking his staff to find out whether a meeting would be useful.

"I always want to make sure if I'm having a meeting that it's actually productive and we're getting something done," he told reporters.

more at:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3774386/Philippines-Duterte-calls-Barack-Obama-son-whore.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Mitch McConnell and John Boehner should have done this 5 years ago.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online dfwgator

Even a nutcase like Duterte can figure that out.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mitch McConnell and John Boehner should have done this 5 years ago.

Couldn't find enough gonads for that to happen amongst that crew if you took up a collection.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, an international incident.  I call Obama a SOB every day. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline r9etb

What was an embarrassing weekend for president Barack Obama, whose arrival at the G-20 summit in China was a case study in diplomatic humiliation, just turned even worse when on Monday, Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte warned the US president not to question him about extrajudicial killings, or "son of a bitch I will swear at you" when the two presidents meet at a summit in Laos in the coming days.

Duterte sounds like a loose cannon, but still ... who is Obama, master of the drone strike, to call him out on "extrajudicial killings?"

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of liking this Duterte guy.  :pondering:

However, here's my real question:

(snip)

As a result, two weeks ago Duterte lashed out at the UN and threatened that the country could leave the UN. "Maybe we'll just have to decide to separate from the United Nations. If you're that rude, son of a bitch, we'll just leave you," Duterte told reporters in Davao, quoted by Bloomberg. “I don't give a sh** about them,” he added. “They are the ones interfering. You do not just go out and give a s***ng statement against a country.”

(snip)

Does anyone have any idea what the bolded blanked-out word is supposed to be?  It's defeating my knowledge of expletives, which I once thought was rather extensive and far-reaching...  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline skeeter

US President Barack Obama has cancelled a meeting in Laos with Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who had earlier called him a "son of a whore".
National Security Council spokesman Ned Price said Mr Obama would meet South Korea's president instead.
Mr Obama had said he would raise the issue of drug-related extrajudicial killings in the Philippines.
Mr Duterte said if he did that, "Putang ina (son of a whore) I will swear at you in that forum."
Mr Obama flew to Laos on Monday for an Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit, after attending the G20 meeting in Hangzhou, China.
Duterte: From 'Punisher' to president
Speaking in Manila before he left for Laos, Mr Duterte referred to his anti-drugs campaign that has led to the killing of 2,400 suspected drug dealers and users since he took office in June.
Mr Duterte has sanctioned the killing of drug dealers to try to wipe out the narcotics trade.
"The campaign against drugs will continue. Many will die, plenty will be killed until the last pusher is out of the streets.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37281821

What infamous snub by China? I read nothing about that in the American press, can't be true...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of liking this Duterte guy.  :pondering:

However, here's my real question:

Does anyone have any idea what the bolded blanked-out word is supposed to be?  It's defeating my knowledge of expletives, which I once thought was rather extensive and far-reaching...  :shrug:

The problem is in thinking the reporter can spell.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What infamous snub by China? I read nothing about that in the American press, can't be true...

I heard that the bus they sent had only one seat waaaay in the back.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley