Author Topic: Dallas Morning News won't endorse Trump for president  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Dallas Morning News won't endorse Trump for president
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 06:53:36 pm »
They probably endorsed the man who started a war that has since, seen the wane of Christianity and the persecutions of Christians in the Mid-East.

Can you read?  "The Dallas Morning News had previously endorsed every GOP nominee dating back to 1964."

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 06:54:18 pm »
True.  I was a DMN subscriber for way too many years.  They had a pattern of viciously attacking the Republicans in their news stories and then meekly returning to endorse them on the editorial page.

Ghastly newspaper that recycled AP and NYT stories with no real reporting.

Interesting, though, that Trump is just too much for them to stomach on the endorsement thing.  I think many of us relate to that.

The Houston Chomical was the same way.  I counted all the original content in Section A once and came up with <10% that wasn't wire service stories.  I haven't picked up a print newspaper in 20 years, and have never regretted it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:56:24 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 06:56:25 pm »
As a 40 year environmental professional, I can honestly say that bottled water is one of the biggest scams in history  if your concern is safety.  99+% of the potable water supplies in the US are exceedingly safe.

OTOH, there are two reasons bottled water has a purpose.

(1) Supply for emergencies
(2) the aesthetics of your tap water doesn't meet your standard.

Total Amen to the bottled water BS.  Omigosh, bottled water industry praises God every day for gullible people.  You do know they fill that stuff either from the tap or from some untested godawful stream somewhere.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 07:07:07 pm »
Flint, Michigan water contamination has nothing on Washington, DC....which has a shocking higher amount of lead in their water.

The only reason you haven't heard about it?   There's no Republican to blame.

Also....you must admit....freshly bottled natural spring water is better than "purified" bottled water.

I agree.  Like at the taps at Hot Springs National Park in AR.  Also some of the best water I have ever had is the ground water (350' depth) well at my old family homestead.  I think a slight blend of minerals is better tasting than sterilized ozonated bottled water.

Several years ago, I proved my point at work by doing an experiment by filling empty water bottles, and cooling them down to allow the chlorine residual to dissipate.  I then asked 25 employees to drink two glasses of water (1 bottled, the other chilled tapwater), and tell me which was which.  About 25% guessed right, 50% said they couldn't tell them apart, and another 25% guessed wrong.  Ended up saving us quite a bit in bottled water, when it is realized that standard coolers are a much cheaper long term alternative.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 07:08:46 pm »
Just saying...

Arlington Water Named Best-Tasting in Texas

Arlington is already known for its stadiums and theme parks. Now the city is making a name for itself with drinking water.

Arlington’s Water Utilities department will have to make some more room in its trophy case. For the second time since 2012, the Texas Water Utilities Association voted Arlington’s water the best tasting in the Lone Star State.

Source: Arlington Water Named Best-Tasting in Texas | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Arlington-Water-Named-Best-Tasting-in-Texas-296139711.html#ixzz4JVKqa924
Follow us: @nbcdfw on Twitter | NBCDFW on Facebook

Of course, nothing beats Lubbock water. So good, you can cut it with a fork and knife.  (just kidding on the 'good' part).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:09:12 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 07:13:10 pm »
The water discussion made me forget what we were talking about.   Hah!

I liked the taste of the Irving, Texas water ... everyone needs a little arsenic in their water so if they're poisoned later, they've built up an immunity.

My water in Maui is really good also.

Didn't mean to make fun of bottled water enthusiasts.  If it feels good, do it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused