Author Topic: Eric Trump questions Clintons’ enormous wealth: ‘What product were they selling?’  (Read 2178 times)

Offline unknown

Eric Trump questions Clintons’ enormous wealth: ‘What product were they selling?’

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/2/eric-trump-questions-clintons-enormous-wealth-what/

S.A. Miller
September 2, 2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s son Eric Trump questioned Friday how Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton became enormously wealthy running a charity, which has become the focus of the campaign’s allegation of pay-to-play corruption while she was secretary of state.

“The question I always ask is, what product were they selling? If we make a buck, we sold a bottle of wine or an apartment, or we sold a hotel room. What product were they selling to make $150 million,” Mr. Trump said on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.”

Host Ainsley Earhardt suggested: “Favors? The government?”

“Of course,” responded Mr. Trump, who works on the campaign for his billionaire businessman father.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

What a great question!

How did the Clintons amass their wealth? What product were they selling?  Very Good!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline MajorClay

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
They are selling influence, favors and access. It made them extremely wealthy courtesy of Soros, China for missile technology, Sweden who escaped being investigated for evading Iran sanctions, and the uranium deal that benefitted her buddy Putin.

The most blatant criminal enterprise ever in this Union may have its female head ascend to POTUS.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

It is a good question.

Offline JustPassinThru

It is a good question; but the Trumps are the wrong persons to ask it.  Donnie Trump had his billions LONG before he started selling Trump Trinkets.

He called himself a "developer' but he never laid a single brick.  He sold INFLUENCE - he was a go-to, a go-between, between legitimate outside builders and the Tammany structure.

In the vast wasteland between New York and California, we call that "graft."  But New York Values hold the day...

But what Donnie was selling was not so different from what the Clintons were selling.  Difference is, Donnie wasn't selling promises; he was carrying the duffle-bags full of cash for someone who was.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:27:01 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Access to players like Trump???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

‘What product were they selling?’

Asked the son of the greatest MLM/Amway salesman evar! 

Offline JustPassinThru

Access to players like Trump???

Access to Tammany Hall gatekeepers.

New York, like India prior to its political reforms...is a place where NOTHING happens without bribes.  NO request, application, petition, variance request, or any sort of process goes through, without some sort of gratuity attached.

And we all know how expensive everything is, knowwatimsayin?

Say, Lone-Star Development has an interest in starting a project in Manhattan.  An option on a site; perhaps other projects reasonably nearby.  They have to get the ball rolling.

Things have to HAPPEN.  Money needs to be acquired in small, worn bills.  Put in an old Army duffle, and delivered.

To whom?  Graft delivery is not on the City Directory.  And if some rube from Galveston starts asking, he will quickly be set up, videotaped, nailed, perp-walked...as a lesson to all those rubes who think they can just come into Gotham and do business like that.

No.  Lone Star's GM, Travis Twit, has to find someone who knows the ropes.  Someone CONNECTED.

Someone who's one of THEM.  Who's willing to break the ice, as it were.  Get the dufflebag safely delivered and bring the permits back.

At some personal compensation, of course.

ENTER DONALD J. TRUMP.

That was HIS role.  Little Donnie was KNOWN.  Daddy Fred did business with all these graft-collectors' fathers; hey, Donnie's wunna da BOYZ, knowattimsayin?  He's all right.

So they won't set up Donnie.  He's from the neighborhood, yaknow?

DONNIE, makes a successful business out of this.  Running stuffed bags one way and envelopes with permits the other way.  He has to call his business something - he calls it "Real Estate Development."

It's pretty obvious he never drafted an architectural blueprint.  Never laid a brick.  Never read a real-estate purchase contract.  Hired few people - he doesn't have much skills in judging who's good and who's not.

No.  How he made his money is remarkably similar to how the Clintonistas get THEIRS.

Offline Rivergirl

self awareness bred out of these trashy people long time ago.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Access to Tammany Hall gatekeepers.

New York, like India prior to its political reforms...is a place where NOTHING happens without bribes.  NO request, application, petition, variance request, or any sort of process goes through, without some sort of gratuity attached.

And we all know how expensive everything is, knowwatimsayin?

Say, Lone-Star Development has an interest in starting a project in Manhattan.  An option on a site; perhaps other projects reasonably nearby.  They have to get the ball rolling.

Things have to HAPPEN.  Money needs to be acquired in small, worn bills.  Put in an old Army duffle, and delivered.

To whom?  Graft delivery is not on the City Directory.  And if some rube from Galveston starts asking, he will quickly be set up, videotaped, nailed, perp-walked...as a lesson to all those rubes who think they can just come into Gotham and do business like that.

No.  Lone Star's GM, Travis Twit, has to find someone who knows the ropes.  Someone CONNECTED.

Someone who's one of THEM.  Who's willing to break the ice, as it were.  Get the dufflebag safely delivered and bring the permits back.

At some personal compensation, of course.

ENTER DONALD J. TRUMP.

That was HIS role.  Little Donnie was KNOWN.  Daddy Fred did business with all these graft-collectors' fathers; hey, Donnie's wunna da BOYZ, knowattimsayin?  He's all right.

So they won't set up Donnie.  He's from the neighborhood, yaknow?

DONNIE, makes a successful business out of this.  Running stuffed bags one way and envelopes with permits the other way.  He has to call his business something - he calls it "Real Estate Development."

It's pretty obvious he never drafted an architectural blueprint.  Never laid a brick.  Never read a real-estate purchase contract.  Hired few people - he doesn't have much skills in judging who's good and who's not.

No.  How he made his money is remarkably similar to how the Clintonistas get THEIRS.

Sounds about right.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Trump made his money in the shady world of property development and freely admits it-the Clintons made theirs selling missile technology to China, giving Sweden a pass on circumventing the Iran sanctions, and giving uranium to the Russians and deny it with every lying breath. Which is worse?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline JustPassinThru

It's indicative of Trump's mental or psychological failings that he doesn't even see the problem in admitting what he had done, which is essentially make a living channeling graft.

You want to say what the Clintons did is worse?  Yes, I'd agree.  At least they had the smarts to construct a cover story, which - so long as we live under laws - will hold up.

Of course that cover story will count for little once we get to where their foreign master want us; once our government falls and we're under military rule, our own or theirs.  THEN...it's Firing Squad time.  One of the first things a successful occupying force must do is execute traitors, including those who enabled the occupation.  A traitor is one with no loyalties and can as easily betray both sides....but that's another story.

BOTH of these people are absolute dross.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Developers, builders, contractors offer the skill, expertise to see a project through, from inception to completion.

Developers build not only homes, but shopping, civic structures, factories, processing facilities, schools, recreation centers, harbors & docks, bridges, roads, airports, etc.

They usually assemble investors, subcontractors and other factors of production. They negotiate, make zoning  tradeoffs to satisfy local government, they dedicate streets, parks, schools.

If you live in a home that you didn't build yourself, there is a good chance some elements of "development" went into the project, big or small.

But I am sure you all knew this already. If the big, rich, dastardly "developers" isn't going to do these complex, costly projects, who will ??

With the risk, uncertainty, complexity goes a reward. I am sure you already knew that, too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline JustPassinThru

Developers, builders, contractors offer the skill, expertise to see a project through, from inception to completion.

Developers build not only homes, but shopping, civic structures, factories, processing facilities, schools, recreation centers, harbors & docks, bridges, roads, airports, etc.

They usually assemble investors, subcontractors and other factors of production. They negotiate, make zoning  tradeoffs to satisfy local government, they dedicate streets, parks, schools.

If you live in a home that you didn't build yourself, there is a good chance some elements of "development" went into the project, big or small.

But I am sure you all knew this already. If the big, rich, dastardly "developers" isn't going to do these complex, costly projects, who will ??

With the risk, uncertainty, complexity goes a reward. I am sure you already knew that, too.

Yes, I know that.

You know the difference between a developer and a bagman?

Trump is a bagman.  He shows ZERO knowledge of architecture, real-estate law, construction.  He has an office full of people but not a single bulldozer. Not a single person with a real-estate license.

His repeated mistakes in hiring people for his campaign suggest he doesn't do that much.  Of course not...HE CHANNELS GRAFT.

Offline Fantom

What  Product do the Clintons sell... the same Product trump was buying.

Both Clinton/Trump are corrupt. Same coin... flip sides.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Eric Trump questions Clintons’ enormous wealth: ‘What product were they selling?’

That's easy:
Influence and quid pro quo.

Offline JustPassinThru

What  Product do the Clintons sell... the same Product trump was buying.

Both Clinton/Trump are corrupt. Same coin... flip sides.

Yup.  Stronger Together...the bagman and one more pol on the take.

They have SO much in common...probably including a desired outcome for this election.

I hope Donnie waits with the concession speech until at least SOME polls report...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yes, I know that.

You know the difference between a developer and a bagman?

Trump is a bagman.  He shows ZERO knowledge of architecture, real-estate law, construction.  He has an office full of people but not a single bulldozer. Not a single person with a real-estate license.

His repeated mistakes in hiring people for his campaign suggest he doesn't do that much.  Of course not...HE CHANNELS GRAFT.

As the son of a builder, and holding a real estate broker license for over 25 years, you showed me you do not know what you are talking about.

Are you a builder? Do you have a real estate license? What actual experience do you personally have in the fields?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline JustPassinThru

As the son of a builder, and holding a real estate broker license for over 25 years, you showed me you do not know what you are talking about.

Are you a builder? Do you have a real estate license? What actual experience do you personally have in the fields?

Common sense.  A "developer" develops land.  He understands what it is he is doing - whether he got there from the construction end, from the real-estate law end, from the brokerage end. 

A guy who just seems to be in the middle of these deals, without training in any of the fields; who is incredibly rich but with no dirt under his fingernails...is suspect.  CONNECTED.

We have it from Donnie's foul mouth that he HAS passed bribes.  My assertion is that that is just about ALL HE KNOWS of this field.

Compare him to REAL developers.  Henry Kaiser, say. 

Henry Kaiser got his start paving roads.  An asphalt applicator.  From that he moved on to road-grading; from there to full-service construction, on Federal highways; from THERE to the Hoover Dam, and from there to Kaiser Shipbuilding - the Liberty ships built during WWII.  On an assembly line.

His reach exceeded his grasp when he tried to move into automobiles - Kaiser-Frazer and Kaiser-Jeep; but he was successful setting up Kaiser Steel, Kaiser Aluminum, Kaiser Permanente. He was less so with Kaiser Broadcasting; but he was getting further from his expertise.  And older.

Or, the Queen of Mean.  Leona Helmsley.

She got started as a real-estate sales agent; and to some extent worked her way up.  Took a shortcut, obviously.  Was not a nice person - obviously.  But we KNOW how she got into hotel development; it was obvious.

Did Trump have an organization like the Harry Helmsley group?  HAS Trump ever held a real estate license?

Has he ever worked in finance?  What his his management training?  Daddy Fred give him the job?

He's a bagman who came up at the right time, when the Yuppie was being romantasized; he cleaned up pretty good in an Italian suit.  He wrote, or had written for him, a book.  The Art of the Deal.

Not "The Art of Construction" or "The Art of Real Estate Development."

He thinks he's clever because he can pass off a "deal."  I could put the essence on the flyleaf:  Wrap a deal in large-denomination bills, paid for out of the "costs" - and you have what New York businessmen call a "good deal."

Everywhere else that's called a "kickback." Or "graft."

The more I look at this scum, the more obvious it is to me, how vacuous, how dull, how inept, he really is.

Online roamer_1

Dunno, but whatever it is, Trump bought plenty of it...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What a great question!

How did the Clintons amass their wealth? What product were they selling?  Very Good!

Same as Trump...Lies.