Author Topic: Hey #NeverTrumps: This Could Be Your Last Relevant Election  (Read 20857 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Hey #NeverTrumps: This Could Be Your Last Relevant Election
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 01:48:26 pm »
Anybody that was a teenager when Obama took The Oath in Jan 2009...doesn't know "Liberal vs. Conservative", sir.

They only look around and say....'Is THIS what I went to college for?  I can't even afford my rent my own apartment', etc..

And I'm not naive to think there's going to be rainbows and unicorns right out of the gate, when Trump takes The Oath in January.

Ronald Reagan's 1st two years were still rough on a lot of people.   The 2018 Mid-Terms might be a RAT blowout...so it's important not to get cocky like Obama and pass/repeal EVERYTHING they can the 1st two years of his presidency.

Still living in a fantasy world made up of old movies and old music I see! 

That's nice for you but it WILL NOT save the once great republic called the USA!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 01:48:47 pm »
Damn, that does I'm convinced now, there is no point in waiting any longer, not gonna waste my vote no siree! To hell with Hillary and Trump too, I'm just voting down ticket. What the hell, I live in California and it would take an act of God for Conservative to win here this year..........not that there's one to vote for at the top of the ballot anyway. Are you Trumpeteers ever gonna get tired of 11513

That's where I'm at. I hope and pray Hillary loses and we have heard the last of the Clintons, but I will not sign name onto Trump. And living in Washington where Hillary will win and wing big, me writing in a candidate then voting down ticket will have zero effect on the outcome.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 01:49:51 pm »
Believing in God has made me irrelevant. Giving up a civil engineering career to be a stay at home mom has made me irrelevant.  Keeping my kid out of public school and home schooling him will make me irrelevant.  Those three things are much more important to me than any presidential election, so if voting for an actual conservative makes me irrelevant I'm okay with that.

geronl

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:45 pm »
The hatred against conservatives in the GOP has never been clearer

There is no real difference between the parties anymore

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »
Believing in God has made me irrelevant.
Not to Him.
Giving up a civil engineering career to be a stay at home mom has made me irrelevant.  Keeping my kid out of public school and home schooling him will make me irrelevant.
Not to your kid. Who knows what that may mean in the future for others, too? 
Those three things are much more important to me than any presidential election, so if voting for an actual conservative makes me irrelevant I'm okay with that.
Exactly. God Bless you!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:51 pm »

Strange they can't disagree without the hate. They even accuse others of "hating" them, (projection?). I admit, I don't understand them, but then there are other (messed up) things I don't understand, and I am not sure I want to go there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »
Hey #NeverTrumps: This Could Be Your Last Relevant Election

@unknown

I'm here, not on my high horse, but simply writing to tell these #NeverTrumps that the real phrase that needs to be shouted during election season is "The Democrats are coming."

And I am here to tell you,standing on my own two feet,that "They are already here. Trump is a life-long denizen of NYC,and a Dim himself." PLEASE tell me what makes him any different than any other NYC Dim.

If Hillary Clinton wins in November, the odds of Republicans ever winning the White House again are lower than the odds of Barbra Streisand endorsing Donald Trump for president.  This may well be the last chance for Republican relevance in a national election.  Do the #NeverTrumps realize this?  Do they care?

Do YOU realize there hasn't been an actual Republican either in the White House or heading the alleged Republican Party ticket since Reagan left office?

Do YOU realize that voting for Dims in Republican clothing like various Bush Crime Family member,John McLunatic,Romney,OR Trump does nothing to solve that problem and only makes it worse by encouraging them and discouraging conservative voters?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:25:01 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »
What nevertrumps don't realize is that the GOP came alive when the people handed Trump the nomination.

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 02:16:54 pm »

Liberalism=coming alive...

I don't think so.

That's delusional right there.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:37 pm »

I'm a Conservative.  I'm pro-Trump.

You shouldn't generalize......   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:33 pm »

....  I have no interest in saving the GOP from itself.<<

I wouldn't even if I could. You execute traitors,you don't try to convert them.

I cannot vote for a lying, psychotic, narcissistic demagogue nor can I vote for a habitual lying criminal.<<

I will NOT knowingly vote for a narcissistic sociopath no matter what he or she claims,or what they promise. No matter what lies or how many lies they tell,they are incapable of giving a damn about anyone but themselves,so they damn sure don't care anything about the well-being of the entire nation.

#NeverTrump  #NeverHillary

:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 02:19:29 pm »
What nevertrumps don't realize is that the GOP came alive when the people handed Trump the nomination.

You are in desperate need of a food and drink taster.

Some of the finer institutions provide them for you. Make sure your family asks around before installing you in one of them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:26:29 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:03 pm »
Damned right.

It's about time Millennials watch and learn the new definition of "Normal" in the United States. 

I'll bet money after 8 years of Trump, it will be the DEMOCRAT party that will be on life support.

I know "that ship has already sailed",but you should start wearing a football helmet every day.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »
You are absolutely correct on that.  I don't realize that.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »
Still living in a fantasy world made up of old movies and old music I see! 

That's nice for you but it WILL NOT save the once great republic called the USA!

I look at my own personal experiences here...regarding political awareness beginning in my life.

Ronald Reagan cemented my political ideology....and millions of Millennials and X-Generationals  will experience their own awakening to the damage Progressivism and Liberalism has done to the country.

There will be MILLIONS of black and Hispanic Americans making their homes in the Republican Party in the decade to come.

Being self-sufficient does that to a man.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:42 pm »
Phyllis Schafly, Buchanan and many more support Trump.

There's plenty to suggest Trump is conservative,  not the Mark Levin view and pushing for someone who barely could win a Bible belt state.

The last president from Texas ran as a Conservative and accelerated the persecution of Christians in the Middle East.

So, yeah, Bush supporters can support Trump apparently.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:45 pm »
I know "that ship has already sailed",but you should start wearing a football helmet every day.

Thanks for the advice, @sneakypete

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 02:46:26 pm »
Sure, whatever.  I've been hearing the same old line since 2008.

I'm not going to support your dumpster fire of a candidate, period.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 02:51:53 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

A minority of fanatical followers who hang on Trump's every word and can't go a day without a "Trump fix', as I've seen it put, does not mean anything "came alive."  It means that some have allowed themselves to become far too emotionally invested in a politician.

If Trump woke the GOP from the dead, he would be polling much better, and Trump supporters wouldn't be threatening/pleading/tantruming to try and get folks to support him.

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
One 'erroneous' attack, I can see. Back water, apologize conspicuously, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Those attacks on Cruz were only erroneous in that the whole campaign of malicious slanders was a big mistake. The individual attacks were planned, intentional, and coordinated to do the most damage.

@Smokin Joe

Let's not forget that the piece of garbage renewed the conspiracy-theory attacks on Cruz's elderly pastor father the morning after receiving the nomination. 

Quite simply, he can go to hell.  Not only because he IS a piece of human garbage, as stated, but because he's an unstable, vengeful nutcase who shouldn't be within a mile of the White House.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

A minority of fanatical followers who hang on Trump's every word and can't go a day without a "Trump fix', as I've seen it put, does not mean anything "came alive."  It means that some have allowed themselves to become far too emotionally invested in a politician.

If Trump woke the GOP from the dead, he would be polling much better, and Trump supporters wouldn't be threatening/pleading/tantruming to try and get folks to support him.

The amazing disconnect from reality demonstrated by this "came alive" assertion is quite amazing, isn't it? I wonder what they are basing it on? The huge down tick in contributions the GOP has been receiving? The massive unfavorables for their nominee? The schism created within the conservative movement? The fact that there appears to be almost no electoral path to victory? Maybe by alive, they mean how lively Trump steps between stances on various policy positions?

Oh yeah - the party has "come alive," alright! Just not in the way they think. It's a monster.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:07:51 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2016, 03:07:55 pm »

There's plenty to suggest Trump is conservative

@TomSea

In July of last year, Trump told "Morning Joe" that he (at least in some ways) was a Democrat.

Those were his own words, right out of his mouth.  "I identify with some things as a Democrat."

Forget about "suggestions" and what you want to see in Trump.  There is simply no way that a man who makes such an admission can also be conservative.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2016, 03:11:17 pm »
You are absolutely correct on that.  I don't realize that.

:silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2016, 03:13:48 pm »
@TomSea

In July of last year, Trump told "Morning Joe" that he (at least in some ways) was a Democrat.

Those were his own words, right out of his mouth.  "I identify with some things as a Democrat."

Forget about "suggestions" and what you want to see in Trump.  There is simply no way that a man who makes such an admission can also be conservative.

Nor can one be a "fiscal conservative" and a "social liberal", IMHO. The two simply don't mesh.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2016, 03:15:08 pm »
:silly:

Trump was the worm that hid the GOPe hook, nothing more.