Author Topic: Donald Trump: 'Now ... Let Us Turn Again to Our Christian Heritage to Lift Up the Soul of Our Nation'  (Read 360 times)

Offline unknown

Donald Trump: 'Now ... Let Us Turn Again to Our Christian Heritage to Lift Up the Soul of Our Nation'

http://www.charismanews.com/politics/elections/59697-donald-trump-now-let-us-turn-again-to-our-christian-heritage-to-lift-up-the-soul-of-our-nation

9/5/2016
Bob Eschliman   

As an old proverb on foreign policy goes, "Only Nixon could go to China." But, after his meeting with an African-American evangelical congregation on Saturday, someday, they might make a similar statement about race relations:

"Only Trump could go to Detroit."

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump absolutely stunned the political world with a speech that went directly to the heart of his efforts to reach out to African-American voters. And afterward, a number of African-American faith leaders said they were swayed by his comments.

But it was Trump's closing statements that really impressed those who heard him speak. It was a side of Donald Trump very few have seen on the campaign trail, but those who were on hand said it was a very "genuine moment" for the GOP presidential nominee.

"Now, in these hard times for our country, let us turn again to our Christian heritage to lift up the soul of our nation," he said. "I am so deeply grateful to be here today and it is my prayer that the America of tomorrow—and I mean that—that the America of tomorrow will be one of unity, togetherness, and peace.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)