Author Topic: Daniel Bongino: Inside the belly of the beast: What I learned about the media while running for office  (Read 441 times)

Offline mountaineer

Inside the belly of the beast: What I learned about the media while running for office
Conservative Review
By Dan Bongino
Sept. 6. 2016
EXCERPTED - Click on link for full article
I’m officially done with electoral politics. I gave it my best shot in this, my last run for political office, and my best shot wasn’t good enough. It would be grossly hypocritical for me to preach the virtues of competition, free markets, and productivity only then to ignore the fact that I couldn’t produce an electoral victory. But, although elected office is a pathway for change that’s now closed for me, I am not at all deterred from pursuing other avenues for change. And nothing will change unless, as informed members of the conservative movement, we understand the gravity of the obstacles we are facing.

With that said, my upcoming writings here at Conservative Review will focus on some roadblocks to systemic change that I’ve seen during my time behind the scenes as both a Secret Service agent and a political candidate.

My Fight With the Media

Seriously, who anointed these people the guardians of socially acceptable opinion? Why does their opinion matter? If I can accept my shortcomings in electoral politics and move on, why can’t hopelessly biased media types recognize their own failures and engage in some necessary self-reflection too?    ...

I can recall numerous conversations with prominent, established media figures where strict gun control, abortion, and tax-and-spend government policies were assumed to be the default “correct” position. Anyone believing otherwise was simply an intellectual cretin.

Resistance to facts and debate was so vigorous that when I offered evidence otherwise indicating that supporters of the opposite positions have evidence to back their claims, it was either completely ignored or condescendingly laughed at.

So why are we listening to these people?  ...

Here’s my advice for members of the conservative movement: To remedy this ongoing problem with media bias and outright clownery — bankrupt them. These sad excuses for journalists, as much as it pains me, still have a platform to spew their venom. And when we take away the financial incentive to produce their garbage, they’ll be forced either to find donors to stay afloat or close up shop.

If your local newspaper or a national outlet like The Washington Post isn’t using fair and impartial standards for reporting, then don’t click on its product. Don’t buy the paper, and don’t advertise with its brand. Additionally, stop donating to your colleges and universities until they commit to ideological diversity in their schools of journalism. These biased media outlets are already dying a slow death, but we should hasten the process in favor of outlets willing to tell the story, not a story.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If today's media circus were required to follow truth in labeling laws they would have to be called the Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party! 

The ONLY way to deal with them is just as Mr. Bongino suggests! Bankrupt them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien