Author Topic: Trump Living Large On Donors’ Dime  (Read 734 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump Living Large On Donors’ Dime
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »

Trump Living Large On Donors’ Dime

The GOP nominee’s campaign is spending lavishly on Trump businesses instead of cheaper alternatives.

09/06/2016 09:19 am ET | Updated 3 hours ago

WASHINGTON – On the night of this spring’s Florida primary, the pastor giving the invocation at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago victory party prayed: “Lord, give Mr. Trump the power to rise above the GOP establishment.”

Turns out the prayer worked. Not only did Trump win the Republican presidential nomination, but two months later, on May 18, Trump signed a deal with the Republican National Committee giving him access to a top-notch fundraising operation after not having had one at all through the primaries.

That same day, Trump’s campaign, now set to receive tens of millions of dollars of other people’s money, finally sent five- and six-figure checks to Trump’s properties for events that had happened months earlier. Meaning that the GOP establishment had not only been defeated, it was now actually paying for that March 15 victory party attended primarily by members of Trump’s Palm Beach country club.

In all, just shy of $1 million went out the door on May 18. More than $600,000 of that went to Trump-owned businesses, with $423,000 of it going to Mar-a-Lago alone, which hosted that March 15 party, an earlier one on March 1 and a news conference on March 11.

It’s unclear from Federal Election Commission filings what other expenses, if any, that payment covered ? it is listed as “facility rental/catering,” and the resort does not appear to have hosted any other campaign events. Trump’s campaign would not provide an explanation. Had Trump instead chosen to hold those events at the nearby West Palm Beach Marriott, he likely would have spent no more than $45,000 for all three, based on its estimates for catering the number of people who attended his parties.

What’s more, the two-month delay in reporting those expenses may have violated Federal Election Commission rules, which require an expense to be disclosed in the same reporting period ? in Trump’s case, in the same month ? as it was incurred, said a campaign finance law expert.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-rnc-self-dealing_us_57cdcba0e4b078581f13b262?ref=yfp

And yes this is Huffington Post.  Truth is they couldn't report something if it didn't exist.  Trump is only making things worse for himself.  I don't go to Huffington Post but the story was on my home page news. 

When I read it I wondered if Trump is making a business deal on the American people.  A prove me operation to show that he is the master scammer making millions off of the election.  These aren't the first of these stories and sadly I don't think they will be the last.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Vulcan

Re: Trump Living Large On Donors’ Dime
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:48:10 pm »
That same day, Trump’s campaign, now set to receive tens of millions of dollars of other people’s money, finally sent five- and six-figure checks to Trump’s properties for events that had happened months earlier.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump Living Large On Donors’ Dime
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 06:43:10 pm »
A man like Trump can't be expected to eat the generic caviar or speak at a Marriott convention center.  Get Real!

The GOP would have just wasted that money on the down ticket elections for the Senate and the House and Governor seats.  Trump has already told you he will make great deals with Republicans or rats.  You don't need to worry about that insignificant stuff.  Just remember The Wall,  Make America Great, GREAT DEALS, and The Wall... believe me.