Author Topic: Oregon: Alleged White Supremacist Killed a Black Teen by Running Him Down with a Jeep: Police  (Read 1146 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Alleged White Supremacist Killed a Black Teen by Running Him Down with a Jeep: Police

An alleged white supremacist and his girlfriend have recently been indicted for murder after allegedly chasing down and killing a black teenager with their Jeep, police said.

According to police, couple Russell Courtier, 38, and Colleen Hunt, 35, allegedly came across 19-year-old Larnell Malik Bruce outside a Gresham, Oregon, 7-Eleven just before midnight on Aug. 10. Bruce was reportedly at the gas station charging his phone with a friend when Courtier and Hunt allegedly approached.

After Courtier and Bruce allegedly engaged in a physical altercation, the teenager pulled out a knife to protect himself, according to the Portland Mercury. Bruce then allegedly tried to run from the scene.

But with his girlfriend in the passenger seat, Courtier used his Jeep Wrangler to intentionally chase down and run over Bruce, police allege.

Bruce died from his injuries days later.

Read More At: http://www.people.com/article/oregon-white-supremacist-black-teen-run-down-killed

There are a lot of news sources out there, I tried to find one that is more or less, mainstream.

HuffPo or one of the sources says girlfriend cheered during this time. Happened in Oregon. Tragedy. Of course, this past week, 2 Nuns in Mississippi were killed, terribly tragic and it did not get posted here. So, I'm just saying.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:17:10 am by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Indicted for murder. The jury (or judge) will determine the outcome.

Seems like justice is being achieved. What is the problem here?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

There are a lot of news sources out there, I tried to find one that is more or less, mainstream.

HuffPo or one of the sources says girlfriend cheered during this time. Happened in Oregon. Tragedy. Of course, this past week, 2 Nuns in Mississippi were killed, terribly tragic and it did not get posted here. So, I'm just saying.

If you knew that story didn't get posted here why didn't you post it?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sinkspur

TomSea, you seem obsessed with race.  Perhaps you should ask yourself why.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

Interesting story...Gresham OR is not where I would expect to find this type of racial animosity.

The dead black man guy was new to the area, so more information about his background is needed.

The white perp has a long history as a prison gang member with all the ink to prove it.

Not sure how the girl friend got charged at all since she wasn't behind the wheel of the vehicle.

Offline TomSea

If you knew that story didn't get posted here why didn't you post it?

Because it was a painful story; really, if one is of that faith. But I did post that the Sisters did not want the death penalty to be sought.

Offline TomSea

So far, no hate crime charges are being brought.

It's tragic, we don't know the exact events, a court trial decides this.

But the victim apparently pulled a knife, so we will see where this goes.

The accused was with a woman, what if she had been threatened with a knife? Again, I don't want to speculate too much.

Offline TomSea

Per the story in Mississippi referred to above:

Larry Elder, An African America from South Central LA in case one does not know, even speculated on his show,

What if this had been a situation where a white man killed two black nuns?

I don't want to get too much into the racial overtones of all of these crimes.

The other site famously pulls a lot of stories where one says "Oh, how terrible that so and so did this", stories with racial overtones.

I was staying out of it but with this Oregon story, I felt it best to get it out there because some will make political hay out of it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 03:23:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline Longmire

Apparently Gresham OR has a bit of a gang problem: http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/05/greshams_ugly_gang_problem_edi.html

I'd like to see more information about the dead guy's background, we know the perp was ganged up.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Apparently Gresham OR has a bit of a gang problem: http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/05/greshams_ugly_gang_problem_edi.html

I'd like to see more information about the dead guy's background, we know the perp was ganged up.

Gresham is just a part of greater Portland. Doesn't take too many blocks to be in some mean streets.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley