Author Topic: Donald Trump Meets With African-American Leaders in North Philadelphia Friday as Protester and Supporter Scuffle Outside  (Read 8083 times)

Offline sinkspur

A presidential candidate who's polling at 14.6% with blacks, more than double Romney's share and maybe even up to 20%

That number jumped from 4% to 14.6% IN ONE DAY so we can all be pretty sure it's an aberration in that poll.  And that pollster has not polled blacks since.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes,  I agree this can help.  So will clearly renouncing the white racists and xenophobes that are creaming in their jeans over Trump's candidacy.    Otherwise, those "misperceptions" will persist.

Folks are known by the company they keep.  Reaching out to the black community is a bold and useful step by Donald Trump.  So would telling the alt-right that their support isn't welcome.

If blacks have a right to advocacy groups and Latinos have a right to advocacy groups, do whites ever have a right to advocacy groups?

Also, yes, extreme racists should be disavowed but if they are even less than 1% of the voters; then, I think this is close to splitting hairs.

Offline Longmire

A presidential candidate who's polling at 2% with blacks has, it is safe to say, no credibility.

A poll that has Trump at 2% with blacks has no credibility...gigo

Offline TomSea

Anyway, Republican outreach to the African American community and perhaps other communities is long overdo; Rome wasn't built in a day.

It will be good to build more for this in the future if nothing else.

They can favor Clinton overwhelmingly or John Kerry as they did; it's not really helping them.

Offline Axel

Trump needs at least a modicum of success in Philadelphia if he wants to win PA. Good for him.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Anyway, Republican outreach to the African American community and perhaps other communities is long overdo; Rome wasn't built in a day.

They can favor Clinton overwhelmingly or John Kerry as they did; it's not really helping them.

True.

Offline goatprairie

I don't hold it against Trump for trying to win over the black voters. But I doubt anything will come of it. He isn't the first Republican who tried to woo black voters and got a kick in the knees  for his efforts. Unless Trump comes off as a pandering Democrat, he'll go nowhere with most blacks. And nobody can pander like Dems.
And Trump does not know or understand  conservative philosophy.  He's already criticized other Republicans for being "too harsh" with their  messages for blacks.
If blacks or other groups want to stay on the Dem plantation/gravy train and keep asking for special preferences, nothing the Republicans can do will persuade them to change parties.

Offline aligncare

...this time, black folk will know, this is not a politician they're dealing with -- with a typical politician's empty promises. No, this is a champion of the people. So he's a billionaire, so what? Those are not his roots, nor is it who he is. Mr. Trump created his own billionaire status through hard work and determination.

Just in case some of you don't know: from age 12 on, Donald Trump's father had him working on construction sites every summer till 18 years old. He worked side-by-side with average workers and trades people of every color and ethnicity. He knows the common man, in many ways he is the common man.

But, you all can keep on hating on him and believing the Democrat/media/NeverTrump spin on his life and times.

Some believe ignorance is bliss. Fortunately, I prefer knowledge and truth.

Offline sinkspur

He knows the common man, in many ways he is the common man.

The common man:

Offline Axel

...this time, black folk will know, this is not a politician they're dealing with -- with a typical politician's empty promises. No, this is a champion of the people. So he's a billionaire, so what? Those are not his roots, nor is it who he is. Mr. Trump created his own billionaire status through hard work and determination.

Just in case some of you don't know: from age 12 on, Donald Trump's father had him working on construction sites every summer till 18 years old. He worked side-by-side with average workers and trades people of every color and ethnicity. He knows the common man, in many ways he is the common man.

But, you all can keep on hating on him and believing the Democrat/media/NeverTrump spin on his life and times.

Some believe ignorance is bliss. Fortunately, I prefer knowledge and truth.

Immigration is the Trump card. Its an issue that negatively affects people all of identities, and minorities even more so. Its becoming more and more obvious that the Dems can't successfully pander to every minority, especially as we trend towards a minority majority country.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline aligncare

I see conservatives are now into class envy...

Offline sinkspur

Immigration is the Trump card. Its an issue that negatively affects people all of identities, and minorities even more so. Its becoming more and more obvious that the Dems can't successfully pander to every minority, especially as we trend towards a minority majority country.

Except Trump is going to legalize all of those here and everybody now knows it with his "softening".  Maybe that will win him a few votes, with his wink-and-a-nod.  Of course he can't SAY that or his alt-right base would go nuts.

Offline sinkspur

I see conservatives are now into class envy...

You're the one who is trying to equate a man who lives in a $6 million penthouse with a "common man.

The only thing "common" about Trump is his unbelievable ignorance.

Offline TomSea

I would not describe it as Trump trying to win them.  I would describe it as Trump trying to use them.  Or scam them.  Trump wants power and needs a whole lot of suckers to help him reach that goal.  Every time I watch my WW2 history DVDs I'm reminded of Trump.  The desperation and anger of the people.  The vindictive attitude that justified any means and any atrocity.  The desire for a strongman.  The willingness to overlook major flaws.  Lots of things.

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm glad this forum welcomes even the Occupy Wall Street types.

Offline TomSea

Fox showed the Church appearance at Detroit. Pretty magnificent and a welcoming crowd.

Dr. Carson was there as well.

Offline Axel

Except Trump is going to legalize all of those here and everybody now knows it with his "softening".  Maybe that will win him a few votes, with his wink-and-a-nod.  Of course he can't SAY that or his alt-right base would go nuts.

The alt-right is liberal fiction. If you were really a conservative you'd see right through it.

Offline aligncare

The alt-right is liberal fiction. If you were really a conservative you'd see right through it.

I love the implication you make. Post of the day!

Offline Suppressed

No, this is a champion of the people.

...who has said he wants to screw over those people by making their checks go only 2/3 as far. 

A real champion of the people would propose improving their lives, not burdening them!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline aligncare

The next president of the United States, Donald J Trump! All hail, Caesar!   :silly:

Offline Suppressed

I guess you don't get around much.  Many people proudly proclaim themselves as "alt-right".  Try going to FR, 4chan, or other unsavory parts of the 'net.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

I guess you don't get around much.  Many people proudly proclaim themselves as "alt-right".  Try going to FR, 4chan, or other unsavory parts of the 'net.

Okay, I read FR. I'd like to see examples. Yes, I hear an unkempt comment there from time to time but those are rare.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Or how about a promise to stop meddling in and messing up their lives.  Let them keep their own hard earned money. Things like that.  Equal means equal in personal responsibility.  No "soft bigotry of low expectations" as W said.  Equal means you do the crime, you do the time.  Equal means your effort will be rewarded, not your outcome will be guaranteed no matter what.  You reap what YOU sow.  No more looking for slights from others to offer you an excuse and a shortcut.  We all get slighted.  It is part of the human condition.  Etc.

Honestly I think a lot of people think Trump can make them a billionaire.  It is the same sort of thing that draws the weak minded to those prosperity gospel charlatans.   Sad.  I wouldn't be surprised if next thing you know Trump starts offering to mail out some magical piece of cloth that he personally touched, for a campaign donation.

:amen:

Offline Axel

That doesn't make it anymore real if indeed that is true. Embracing insults has long been one of the most effective ways of reducing their power, and alt-right is a left-wing creation intended to demonize folks voting for Trump.

Offline aligncare

Or how about a promise to stop meddling in and messing up their lives.  Let them keep their own hard earned money. Things like that.  Equal means equal in personal responsibility.  No "soft bigotry of low expectations" as W said.  Equal means you do the crime, you do the time.  Equal means your effort will be rewarded, not your outcome will be guaranteed no matter what.  You reap what YOU sow.  No more looking for slights from others to offer you an excuse and a shortcut.  We all get slighted.  It is part of the human condition.  Etc.

Honestly I think a lot of people think Trump can make them a billionaire.  It is the same sort of thing that draws the weak minded to those prosperity gospel charlatans.   Sad.  I wouldn't be surprised if next thing you know Trump starts offering to mail out some magical piece of cloth that he personally touched, for a campaign donation.

Very nice. Tidy little strawman.

By the way, where did you conjure up that from! Link? Sociological study? Research paper? Where? That's a real knee slapper. So some people are gonna vote for Donald Trump because they think he can make them a billionaire?

Got to admit, that one has me scratching my head. So you can make up anything you want? Cool.

Well, I guess you can say anything on a political forum and some folks just nod their heads in agreement. Interesting.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:13:27 pm by aligncare »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Nice. Very tidy little strawman. Where ever did you conjure up that from! Link? Sociological study? Research paper? Where? That's a real knee slapper. People are considering voting for Donald Trump because they think he can make them a billionaire? Got to admit, that one has me scratching my head. So you can make up anything you want? Cool.

Well, I guess you can say anything you want on the political forum and some folks will nod in agreement.

It is reasonable considering there is video evidence of people who believed 0bama would give them money personally out of his "stash."