Author Topic: Donald Trump Meets With African-American Leaders in North Philadelphia Friday as Protester and Supporter Scuffle Outside  (Read 8074 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump Meets With African-American Leaders in North Philadelphia Friday as Protester and Supporter Scuffle Outside
NBC 10, 9/2/16, Vince Lattanzio

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump met with some leaders of the African-American community in North Philadelphia on Friday afternoon, with protesters demonstrating outside.

The round table meeting with 14 African-American business, civic and religious leaders happened around 2 p.m. inside The View at 800 N. Broad Street, a reception hall affiliated with Greater Exodus Baptist Church.

Calvin Tucker, a GOP delegate and member of the Pennsylvania Republican Party, was scheduled to introduce the candidate. At the end of the meeting, he thanked Trump "for being brave enough to come" to North Philadelphia.

Renee Amoore, a local business leader, said Trump has support in the community, despite polls showing otherwise. "Pennsylvania has your back, and Philly in particular," she said, and thanked him for "coming to the 'hood."

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Donald-Trump-Meeting-With-African-American-Leaders-in-Philly-Friday-392078491.html#ixzz4J9qp9QQM
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:14:28 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
People who think this kind of thing makes a difference have no clue.

Offline aligncare

In politics, perception is everything. That's how Clinton, Mrs. Bill, still maintains a semblance of voter support.

From my research into Donald Trump, his history is one of being colorblind and a big believer in an old-fashioned concept I learned about when we came to America and began my schooling here. It's called the melting pot.

In my opinion, his outreach here will impact positively on the misperceptions of Mr. Trump made up and promulgated by the media, Democrats, and NeverTrump.

Offline Longmire

People who think this kind of thing makes a difference have no clue.

You're wrong, it makes a huge difference.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I'm talking about within the black community.

We'll see..

Offline Longmire

I'm talking about within the black community.

You speak for the black community?  :laugh:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
My personal take is Trump's appeal is to all Americans,  he may have to focus at times on one group but basically the message is to all.

I mean, most of the troubled cities as talk show radio hosts tell us ad infinitum are Democratic strongholds. So, if people are clueless about something. Welp.  One could try something new.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
You speak for the black community?  :laugh:

I speak as someone with first hand experience within it.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
My personal take is Trump's appeal is to all Americans,  he may have to focus at times on one group but basically the message is to all.

I mean, most of the troubled cities as talk show radio hosts tell us ad infinitum are Democratic strongholds. So, if people are clueless about something. Welp.  One could try something new.

It might work but, at this point, I don't see how.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Donald Trump Meets With African-American Leaders in North Philadelphia Friday...

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Donald Trump Meets With African-American Leaders in North Philadelphia Friday...

:silly:

Offline aligncare

In fact, Donald Trump has never changed his speech pattern to fit the group he is speaking before, he's not a phony...unlike Hillary Clinton.

For satire to work there must be an element of truth in it. You guys need to work harder at this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:37:43 pm by aligncare »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Longmire

I speak as someone with first hand experience within it.

So does Trump...yet you seem to be criticizing him for it.

Why does your first hand experience give you insight, but Trump's going to North Philly does not?

Offline Longmire

On the road with Trump's black community outreach team.

Never happened...

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
So does Trump...yet you seem to be criticizing him for it.

Why does your first hand experience give you insight, but Trump's going to North Philly does not?

I said "within" the black community.  Trump, by his own admission, is not genetically capable of that.

I am not criticizing him, per se.  I'm saying that this effort is pretty much worthless due to the structure of the black, (read Democrat,) political system.  I would say that, in this case, he is the one being played.

I have posted previously about how politics within the black community work.  These types of outreaches by The Donald, while possibly done in good conscience, generally will have little effect on the machine that is the black political hierarchy.  I would go so far as to say that one, maybe two of the black people in that photo actually believe that they could have some success.  The others are most likely there for the photo op and lunch.

Just my opinion.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline TomSea

I've heard enough blacks complain that there is not enough outreach to the Black Community, to Minority Communities by the RNC, I've posted at least 2 articles I think in the editorial section on African Americans urging the Republicans to reach out to them.

Now, we are hearing, "well, it won't do any good anyway" and people are clueless.

Thank you! I respect people's opinions.  And as I remember Larry Elder once saying about someone who was derisive towards the Trump campaign's efforts, maybe it was about Stephen Colbert, "he's getting down with the brothers".
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:42:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

You're not helping your argument here...

Glad one is so "down with the brothers" to tell us what it's all about.

Offline sinkspur

You're wrong, it makes a huge difference.

Wanna bet?  Scripted questions, scripted answers all done in a video? 

Blacks know Trump is pandering and are not going to be sucked into this phoniness.  Trump hasn't been in an inner city since his younger days of denying housing to blacks and having to settle a federal lawsuit over it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Why would they try Trump?  He brings in H1-B visa holders to fill jobs at Mar-a-Lago instead of hiring local blacks and Hispanics. When he could put his money where his mouth is, he turns to foreign labor.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I've heard enough blacks complain that there is not enough outreach to the Black Community, to Minority Communities by the RNC, I've posted at least 2 articles I think in the editorial section on African Americans urging the Republicans to reach out to them.

Now, we are hearing, "well, it won't do any good anyway" and people are clueless.

Thank you! I respect people's opinions.  And as I remember Larry Elder once saying about someone who was derisive towards the Trump campaign's efforts, maybe it was about Stephen Colbert, "he's getting down with the brothers".

The problem with those "calls from the black community" is they are just a game.  Think of the black political machine as a tribe or gang.  Once your admitted membership you learn all about the real workings of the organism.  Those on the outside, (of any ethnic persuasion, black, white, brown, orange,) are clueless.  The tribe can take all manner of public positions, yet the inner workings of the party know what's really going on.  Hey, that sounds an awful lot like a communist state.  In fact, as long as the party faithful are obedient, the will continue to receive the party perks.

Nothing would please me more than to see the black community throw off the shackles of the LBJ legacy.  I would love to see black people once again embracing the legacy of Frederick Douglas and Booker T. Washington.  I just don't see it happening anytime soon.  The "black community" on the whole has been brainwashed to look for handouts instead of liberty.

It's sad really...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You're not helping your argument here...

Christie destroyed his career with the infamous Obama hug.

Here's Trump in a threesome with Reverends Al and Jesse, but this is a good thing?

It looks like a tangerine-flavored Oreo cookie.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Why would they try Trump?  He brings in H1-B visa holders to fill jobs at Mar-a-Lago instead of hiring local blacks and Hispanics. When he could put his money where his mouth is, he turns to foreign labor.

Good points!