Author Topic: Trump campaign floats idea of using seized cartel assets to pay for border wall  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
In fact....he reiterated that claim just the other day upon his return from Mexico.
That was just his opening position. Trump's a deal maker. I propose we make the Clinton Foundation pay for it and call it good.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

Just doubling down on stupid.

Whatever boost Trump got from his visit to Mexico he's already thrown away with his last xenophobic speech and fixating on the wall that will not, and cannot, ever be built.

This.

In order to keep his base of supporters, he gave an immigration speech in Arizona filled with all the hate and loathing his supporters love.

That has pissed away any goodwill he may have gain from his trip to Mexico. 

And further reinforced the notion that he is a two-faced, amoral liar.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I can't imagine cartel assets in this country amounting to a whole lot.
So just who are we going to sell all of the drugs we seize to?  :pondering:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The best way I can see to help pay for the cost of construction, maintenance and manning of the border barrier would be a surcharge on ALL foreign remittances.

Doesn't have to be an obnoxiously high percentage -- 10% would be about right.

This could raise a LOT of revenue...