Author Topic: Latinos for Trump Founder: If We Don’t Act, ‘You’re Gonna Have Taco Trucks on Every Corner’  (Read 4150 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So he is trying to hurt Trump?

The founder of Latinos for Trump warned on MSNBC tonight that there’s a problem of Latino culture in the U.S. that needs to be stopped before there are taco trucks on every corner......

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/latinos-for-trump-founder-if-we-dont-act-youre-gonna-have-taco-trucks-on-every-corner/

Offline sinkspur

So what's the downside?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Falafel trucks, gyro trucks, gumbo trucks, sushi trucks, moo goo gai pan trucks............where will it all end?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
If it's fish tacos, I am in.

HonestJohn

Barbacoa tacos!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
John Kerry's first experience with a cheese steak

"Hey, Garson! Can I get some arugula and cambozola cheese with this crap I'm pretending to eat!?"

Here is food truck a little more suited to our 'Oh so high and mighty' political class.

Silver Bullet

Based in Seattle, Skillet street food's unique personality starts with a shiny Airstream trailer, which offers a continually evolving menu of chef Josh Henderson's carefully crafted meals, like coriander-braised duck or a grass-fed beef burger with arugula and cambozola cheese. Obama and John Kerry give it two thumbs up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Roach Coaches rule! :beer:

Offline Frank Cannon

Lunch trucks should be made illegal. They take up valuable parking spaces at the curb and they usually smell like an open manhole.

Offline sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

Will McAvoy ‏@WillMcAvoyACN  28m28 minutes ago
Honestly, if a candidate ran on #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner and nothing else, I suspect they would win around 80% of the vote.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
FAJITA JIHAD!!!!!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I fail to see this as a problem. Immigrants of whatever stripe being capitalist is a good thing. It certainly goes against the old "lazy Mexican' stereotype.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ABX

Will McAvoy ‏@WillMcAvoyACN  28m28 minutes ago
Honestly, if a candidate ran on #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner and nothing else, I suspect they would win around 80% of the vote.

I for one, welcome our new Taco Truck overlords. I hit one for lunch today, and I venture to say, 75% of the people there could not speak English, and it was great.

Offline ABX

I fail to see this as a problem. Immigrants of whatever stripe being capitalist is a good thing. It certainly goes against the old "lazy Mexican' stereotype.

I have yet to ever meet this so-called Lazy Mexican. The legal ones I know of usually work 2-3 jobs, and the illegal ones I know of or suspect (like my neighbor's gardener) work even harder than that.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

I have yet to ever meet this so-called Lazy Mexican. The legal ones I know of usually work 2-3 jobs, and the illegal ones I know of or suspect (like my neighbor's gardener) work even harder than that.
Agreed you can find plenty of work ethic. You can find the welfare/food stamp queens who try to pack as many people into a house as they can to up the foods stamp funds. That's hardly a problem limited to any race though.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

Seems to me that Trump and friend's ever more extreme positions are doing more harm than good for legitimate border control and immigration issues.

Sure they should be legal and licensed but Taco vendors are hardly a priority.

Offline Cripplecreek

Agreed you can find plenty of work ethic. You can find the welfare/food stamp queens who try to pack as many people into a house as they can to up the foods stamp funds. That's hardly a problem limited to any race though.

Turning this into a race issue is damaging to legitimate border control concerns.

I didn't see the story but my mother mentioned something about a bunch of Poles getting caught crossing the Detroit river the other day.
Making the Pączkis Americans won't make or sumpin.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Has anyone mentioned that in Texas we already have taco trucks on every corner?  Not to mention the dozens of sit-down restaurants that have "Taco" in the name, or that serve tacos.

And we like it that way!   :amen:
Let it burn.

HonestJohn

That graph looks like a Pac-Man, looking up, with a mouthful of taco.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump should counter with an announcement; as long as the owners of the truck have a legitimate business license, have a permit to do business on the street corner and are in this country legally; then there should be no problem.  In other words; this could be a golden opportunity to start rounding people up who shouldn't be here or doing business here in the first place!

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ABX

Offline LadyLiberty

Pass the Cholula!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Wingnut

My favorite place on earth to get gorditas is a rickety shanty built onto and around a taco truck on Harry Hines.  Thankfully, it's a bit far for me to drive every day or I wouldn't be able to get through the front door. 

This is the place, but it looks nothing like this from the street.  There's a taco truck smack dab in the middle of it.  LOL

Google street view:  (Yes, it's the same place.)

The only thing that place is missing is a drive-thru Margarita window!   

Offline sinkspur

Trump should counter with an announcement; as long as the owners of the truck have a legitimate business license, have a permit to do business on the street corner and are in this country legally; then there should be no problem.  In other words; this could be a golden opportunity to start rounding people up who shouldn't be here or doing business here in the first place!

No.  Leave out taco trucks alone. 

And remember:

Tacos are served on CORN tortillas

Burritos are served on FLOUR tortillas