Author Topic: Trump has the ball and Hillary can't run out the clock  (Read 275 times)

Offline unknown

Trump has the ball and Hillary can't run out the clock
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »

Trump has the ball and Hillary can't run out the clock

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/294058-trump-has-the-ball-and-hillary-cant-run-out-the-clock

September 01, 2016
Joe Concha

Running out the clock is a term often applied to the Clinton campaign as Election Day appears on the horizon, now only 68 days away. And with a lead in the RealClearPolitics average of polls once at an almost-insurmountable 7.9 points on Aug. 9, playing not to lose perfectly taps into Clinton's best strength.

But some funny things have happened in the past three weeks, including this one: From a media optics perspective, Donald Trump is winning each of those weeks since that low point of his candidacy earlier in the month of August. And he's doing it with basic hustle over his opponent.

It started with the visit to flood-ravaged Louisiana three days after the worst disaster to hit the U.S. since Superstorm Sandy. President Obama dithered on Martha's Vineyard, not even making a public statement on the devastation. Hillary Clinton — in-between multiple million-dollar fundraisers across the country — only issued a statement indicating she didn't want to tour the area until she was sure it wouldn't disrupt recovery efforts (now 20 days later, she still hasn't gone).

Enter Trump, who, along with running mate Mike Pence, stole the media spotlight and even received generally favorable reviews (a rarity) after a Friday trip to the state.

Again, optics: Obama stayed on vacation. Clinton issued a terse statement. Trump got on a plane and surveyed a situation firsthand.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Trump has the ball and Hillary can't run out the clock
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 06:23:18 pm »
He is known to fumble...  :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:39:20 pm »
Time will tell.  I think it's really a race against time from this point forward. Reports continue about Hillary's failing health and now that Trump is going back to his original hardline stance on immigration, people are waiting for him to soften and walk it back as usual and say something bombastic like he usually does.

The 1st debate is September 26.  Will Hilary's health hold out till then?  Stress of an upcoming debate is not on her side.  Will Trump be able to maintain a presidential persona until then?  Once into the debate should be very telling; Trump knows very little about the actual issues and you know she's going to do everything she can to make him come across like a mad man.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:56:45 pm »
From objective observation, Trump has been making some right campaign moves since his lowpoint back in July, like the New Orleans thing being one of them. He's also focused more on issues and less on petty Twitter snark, like continuing to go after Cruz.

Although I despise it, he's also taken the LGBTQSNAFUBAR social issues war off the table, so that the liberals can't play Church and morally judge him with their cult religious values. With Hillary's corruption trash all over the place via the leaked emails, and Trump being bold on pro-America v. her weak globalist multicultural garbage, it helps him.

He's accomplished this with alot of stumbling and bumbling and warts, but with Hillary so much worse, he looks better. Don't know if he can win but I think he's in the race.
The Republic is lost.