Author Topic: Media very confused as Trump maintains same immigration stance he's held all along  (Read 287 times)

Offline unknown

Media very confused as Trump maintains same immigration stance he's held all along

http://canadafreepress.com/article/media-very-confused-as-trump-maintains-same-immigration-stance-hes-held-all

Dan Calabrese
September 1, 2016

We talked last week about how just about everyone is getting Donald Trump’s position on immigration wrong. He is not going to round up 11 million people and deport them. Never was. Never will. What he’s said all along was that everyone in the U.S. illegally will be subject to deportation, which means that unlike Obama and Hillary he’s not going to concede up front that they’ll be given a pass for breaking the law. He will prioritize those who are lawbreakers or otherwise causing problems in deciding who to deport, but no one just gets - for lack of a better term - flat out amnesty.

You might not get deported. But legal authorities are not going to declare you above the law.

Because last week he acknowledged the obvious - that some illegal aliens would be higher deportation priorities than others - the media thought he was endeavoring to “soften” his position. Apparently Ann Coulter was fit to be tied. But all Trump was ever doing was ackowledging a fairly basic detail about how his position would work in practice.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Media very confused

Well, that's an understatement.

And in most cases, it should be, "media flat out lies", and then "and all the NeverTrump fall for it."

:tongue2:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
So Trump is still going to have a "deportation force" that will deport all illegal aliens in 18 months?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx