Author Topic: Byron York: In fiery speech, a hard-to-spot change in Trump immigration plan  (Read 526 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: In fiery speech, a hard-to-spot change in Trump immigration plan
By Byron York (@ByronYork) • 9/1/16 1:11 AM

Donald Trump and his top aides have spent the last two weeks sowing confusion about what the status of the country's 12 million illegal immigrants would be under a Trump administration. Would they all be deported, as Trump argued last year? Or would some have to go while others would be allowed to stay, as Trump has hinted in the "softening" of his position in recent days?

In his immigration speech in Phoenix Wednesday night, Trump gave his answer, but it will do nothing to lessen the criticism he has received over the issue.

First, Trump announced that he will aggressively move to deport criminal illegal immigrants — that is, immigrants who have committed crimes beyond the act of entering the country illegally. "We will begin moving them out day one, in joint operations with local, state and federal law enforcement," Trump said.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-in-fiery-speech-a-hard-to-spot-change-in-trump-immigration-plan/article/2600742
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:07:27 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
In the first place, I don't think anyone really believed Trump was going to forcibly deport 12 million people.  In the second place, if you read between the lines, this plan of his is basically touch-back amnesty, which I personally like.  So Trump's new policy is more in line with my thinking on this issue than his past one, so if anything it coaxes me in his direction a little.

geronl

In the first place, I don't think anyone really believed Trump was going to forcibly deport 12 million people.  In the second place, if you read between the lines, this plan of his is basically touch-back amnesty, which I personally like.  So Trump's new policy is more in line with my thinking on this issue than his past one, so if anything it coaxes me in his direction a little.

amnesty is a bad idea all around, "touchback" amnesty is completely ridiculous and inefficient.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
amnesty is a bad idea all around, "touchback" amnesty is completely ridiculous and inefficient.

For those here today illegally who are seeking legal status, they will have one route and only one route: to return home and apply for re-entry under the rules of the new legal immigration system that I have outlined above. Those who have left to seek entry under this new system will not be awarded surplus visas, but will have to enter under the immigration caps or limits that will be established

Is there any doubt that the "new legal immigration system rules" will allow expedited legality for those who touch back?