Author Topic: STATEMENT ON HILLARY CLINTON’S SPEECH TO THE AMERICAN LEGION NATIONAL CONVENTION  (Read 199 times)

Offline unknown

STATEMENT ON HILLARY CLINTON’S SPEECH TO THE AMERICAN LEGION NATIONAL CONVENTION

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/statement-on-hillary-clintons-speech-to-the-american-legion-national-conven

August 31, 2016

“Hillary Clinton has shown she is fundamentally unequipped to further the national security interests of the United States and stand up for our veterans. As Secretary of State, she put our country’s diplomacy up for sale to Clinton Foundation donors and exposed classified information on more than 2,000 occasions on her secret email server. And whether it was her votes against veterans medical care in the U.S. Senate or her claims that the ongoing VA wait time crisis wasn't 'widespread,’ Hillary Clinton is completely out-of-touch with veterans issues and the systemic mismanagement that has persisted under President Obama’s failed leadership. Those who have served and wear the uniform today deserve to have a commander-in-chief who is looking out for them rather than donors and corrupt bureaucrats. Only Donald Trump and Mike Pence have a detailed plan to fundamentally improve both the VA and the way veterans are treated in this country. This ticket will always put our veterans and service members first, and they will put an end to the business as usual culture in Washington that leaves too many of our veterans behind.” – Matt Miller, Director, Veterans for Trump

Last Year, Clinton Claimed VA Problems Under Obama Were Not “Widespread”

In An October Interview, Clinton Said The VA Scandal Has “Not Been As Widespread As It Has Been Made Out To Be.”
CLINTON: “Yeah, and I don’t understand that. You know, I don’t understand why we have such a problem, because there have been a number of surveys of veterans, and overall, veterans who do get treated are satisfied with their treatment. Now…” MADDOW: “Much more so than people in the regular system.” CLINTON: “That’s exactly right.” MADDOW: “Yeah. Right.” CLINTON: “Now, nobody would believe that from the coverage that you see, and the constant berating of the VA that comes from the Republicans, in part in pursuit of this ideological agenda that they have.” MADDOW: “But in part because there has been real scandal.” CLINTON: “There has been. And – but it’s not been as widespread as it has been made out to be.” (MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show,” 10/23/15)

• Clinton Accused Republicans Of “Constant Berating Of The VA That Comes From The Republicans, In Part In Pursuit Of This Ideological Agenda…” CLINTON: “Now, nobody would believe that from the coverage that you see, and the constant berating of the VA that comes from the Republicans, in part in pursuit of this ideological agenda that they have.” (MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show,” 10/23/15)

Through A Spokesman, Clinton Refused To Apologize For Her Remarks. “‘Republicans are trying to suggest the only solution to the VA’s problems is to privatize it, but Hillary Clinton will not apologize for insisting on doing the hard work to reform the VA, rather than ending it altogether,’ [Clinton campaign Press Secretary Brian] Fallon said.” (Ben Kelsing, “Republicans Take Aim at Hillary Clinton For VA Remarks,” The Wall Street Journal, 10/28/15)

Days Later, Clinton Dodged Questions On Whether She Stood By Her Comments In Which She Downplayed The Scandal Plaguing The VA. QUESTION: “So this week, taking a lot of criticism about some recent comments you made about the VA,

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)