Author Topic: Trump and Mexico's President Nieto Have "Open, Constructive Conversation" - Live Press Conference  (Read 1456 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-31/trump-nieto-press-conference-live-feed

by: Tyler Durden

Two of the most disliked people in Mexico are speaking...

Pena Nieto first...

*PENA NIETO SAYS HE HAS RESPECT FOR BOTH CLINTON, TRUMP
*PENA NIETO: TRUMP CONVERSATION OPEN, CONSTRUCTIVE
*PENA NIETO SAYS NEXT U.S. PRESIDENT WILL FIND PARTNER IN MEXICO
*PENA NIETO: U.S., MEXICO CAN FIND GROUND AS FRIENDS
*PENA NIETO: U.S.-MEXICO MUST ALWAYS HAVE MUTUAL RESPECT
*PENA NIETO: MEXICO, U.S. SHOULD ALWAYS BE OPEN TO DIALOGUE
*PENA NIETO: CLINTON, TRUMP INVITED IN SPIRIT OF COOPERATION
*PENA NIETO SAYS HE HOPES TO MEET WITH HILLARY CLINTON SOON
*PENA NIETO: TRUMP PRESENCE IN MEXICO SHOWS AGREEMENT
*PENA NIETO: MEXICO COOPERATION ON TRADE, SECURITY FUNDAMENTAL
*PENA NIETO: MEXICO WILLING TO MODERNIZE NAFTA FOR MUTUAL GOOD
*PENA: MEXICO BUYS MORE FROM U.S. THAN MANY NATIONS COMBINED
*PENA NIETO: MEXICO WILL ACCELERATE BORDER COOPERATION

And then Mr. Trump...

*TRUMP SAYS U.S. MUST TAKE ACTION TO STEM OUTFLOW OF U.S. JOBS
*TRUMP SAYS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION MUST BE ENDED
*TRUMP SAYS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS `HUMANITARIAN DISASTER'
*TRUMP SAYS PHYSICAL BORDER IS NEEDED
*TRUMP SAYS NAFTA MUST BE UPDATED TO REFLECT TODAY'S REALITIES
*TRUMP: BOND BETWEEN MEXICO, U.S. IS `DEEP' AND `SINCERE'
*TRUMP: STRONG, PROSPEROUS MEXICO IN BEST INTEREST OF U.S.
*TRUMP SAYS HE CALLS PENA NIETO `A FRIEND'
*TRUMP SAYS HE AND PENA NIETO DIDN'T DISCUSS WHO PAYS FOR WALL
*TRUMP: HE AND PENA NIETO DID DISCUSS BORDER WALL, NOT PAYMENT
*TRUMP SAYS HE AND PENA NIETO DIDN'T DISCUSS WHO PAYS FOR WALL

But then Pena Nieto appeared to stand up for Trump...

*PENA NIETO: MEXICANS HAVE BEEN HURT BY TRUMP'S COMMENTS
*PENA NIETO: MEETING WITH TRUMP MEANT TO END BAD RHETORIC

Did Trump actually achieve one of his goals?

Full bit of Peña saying NAFTA can be improved to benefit of both U.S./Mexico: pic.twitter.com/y2WQ7gP8rs
— Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) August 31, 2016
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:54:47 pm by SirLinksALot »

geronl

How long was this meeting? a Month?

Offline Axel

My friend in Puerto Vallarta says Trump can take Nieto back with him.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline SirLinksALot

My friend in Puerto Vallarta says Trump can take Nieto back with him.

Just curious, does Nieto speak English (like his predecessor Vicente Fox) ? Or do they need a translator?

geronl

Make Unida de Norte Americano Great Again!

geronl

Trump now saying outsourcing to this hemisphere is okay.

Make Mexico Employed Again! Taco Bowls for everyone!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I will give kudos to Trump..he was respectful and looked presidential...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

He wants to make North America Great Again..... wants to have American jobs shipped south of the border.

All from one short meeting.

lol

Malleable

Offline bilo

I agree.

I think this is going to help him with suburban moms and maybe some Hispanic Americans. From what I gather he still is saying the wall will be built and immigration has to be controlled. hillary is the one who looks small in this whole deal. All she had was a put down of Trump, but didn't meet with the Mexican President.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

He wants to make North America Great Again..... wants to have American jobs shipped south of the border.

All from one short meeting.

lol

Malleable

There's no way to keep the jobs here. Business's that manufacturers products in the USA increasingly depend on technology. Adidas is opening a plant in GA and the entire product line will be made by machines. I think there's a romantic notion that govt can return us to the 50's & 60's where we dominated the world in manufacturing. We may be able to get back to that but it won't be with any sizable jump in employment. The cost of labor is just too much.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline NavyCanDo

The summary

• They agree that each country has a right to put up a barrier at the border. OK, I don't think anyone disagrees with that  be they Trump supporter or not. I don't recall anyone saying we didn't have the right.   

• Then they agree to work together to keep jobs in "our hemisphere."  So now Trump supports NAFTA, which Trump has called a disaster on numerous occasions.

•Stopping drug cartels that operate in both countries. Again who will argue against it. But every President has had that discussion with Mexico. And do to corruption in Mexico it has only gotten worse.

Not see a point of the visit. Only thing we learned is Trump really is OK with NAFTA to the right audience. And that they didn't discuss who would pay for the wall. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Daniel Lin ‏@DLin71 19h19 hours ago

ADVISOR: FBI found new Benghazi emails. Keep the focus on that.

TRUMP: Gotcha (*steps up to mic, cues mariachi band*) GUESS WHERE I’M GOING

Allahpundit ‏@allahpundit 2h2 hours ago

Trump should open by saying “I claim this land for the United States”

el ¡Soopèr! ن ‏@SooperMexican

Praising Trump bc he resisted insulting Mexico for 10 mins is like saying Charlie Manson should be warden bc he resisted murder for 10 mins,

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:08:32 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline SirLinksALot

The summary

• They agree that each country has a right to put up a barrier at the border. OK, I don't think anyone disagrees with that  be they Trump supporter or not. I don't recall anyone saying we didn't have the right.   

• Then they agree to work together to keep jobs in "our hemisphere."  So now Trump supports NAFTA, which Trump has called a disaster on numerous occasions.

•Stopping drug cartels that operate in both countries. Again who will argue against it. But every President has had that discussion with Mexico. And do to corruption in Mexico it has only gotten worse.

Not see a point of the visit. Only thing we learned is Trump really is OK with NAFTA to the right audience. And that they didn't discuss who would pay for the wall.

Trump, when he talks, reminds me of my 14 year old nephew running for class president....

Just listen to him talk....

"And there is crime, there is a lot of crime, and there is a lot of problems, but I really think together we will solve those problems, And I think the president and I will solve those problems. We will get them solved. Illegal immigration is a problem for Mexico as well as for us. Drugs are a tremendous problem for Mexico as well as us. It's not a one-way street. And we will work together and we will get those problems solved."

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:03:23 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

geronl

29% of U.S.-born Hispanics view Donald J. Trump favorably.

Offline endicom

He said that NAFTA is, IIRC, 22 years old and needs to be revised.

Offline dfwgator

I'm sure it won't make anyone 100% happy. But it certainly looks better than what we would have gotten with Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

I'm sure it won't make anyone 100% happy. But it certainly looks better than what we would have gotten with Hillary.

What do you think Trump would have said if this had been Hillary?

"She went to Mexico, groveled, got nothing and didn't even have the courage to ask. Weak."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Reuters:  Spokesman for Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto told Trump at meeting he would not pay for the wall.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

IMHO two comments stick out and are red flags:

*PENA NIETO: MEXICO WILLING TO MODERNIZE NAFTA FOR MUTUAL GOOD

*TRUMP SAYS:  NAFTA MUST BE UPDATED TO REFLECT TODAY'S REALITIES

I see this as the beginning of a North American Union; joining Mexico and the U.S.  Trump and his cronies like Giuliani would stand to profit handsomely.  I'm not buying for a NY second that a wall will be built or massive deportations will take place.  Quite the opposite; trade agreements will be updated, a super highway will be built connecting the two countries. amnesty will be granted and our sovereignty gone for good. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon