Author Topic: Trump won't speak at Detroit church  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump won't speak at Detroit church
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:32:57 pm »
August 31, 2016, 12:34 pm
Trump won't speak at Detroit church

By Rebecca Savransky

Donald Trump will not be speaking this weekend during his scheduled visit to a Detroit church, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Trump on Saturday will attend a service at the Great Faith Ministries but won't be addressing the predominately African-American audience.

He will conduct a one-on-one interview with the congregation's leader, Bishop Wayne T. Jackson, on the church's Impact Network. The interview will not be open to the public or media.

"He’ll be here Saturday. He’s going to sit in service and have the experience in the black church, and then he and I will be in this office and do an interview for the Impact Network that will be aired later on," Jackson told the Detroit Free Press.

"Just like any visitor, there will be fellowship at the service, and he can talk to people one-on-one."

Jackson said his congregation trusts his judgment.

"They know that I’m not going to put anything or anyone in front of them that I feel is going to be harmful, and I feel we should have an educated conversation about what you’re going to do," he said.

"He will be talking to voters just like when he sits down with any news agency, like CNN. Every time he’s on Fox or MSNBC, he’s talking to voters."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/293956-trump-wont-speak-at-detroit-church
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump won't speak at Detroit church
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:34:00 pm »
Now "Detroit" is a denomination?
I just can't keep up..........

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 07:51:46 pm »
Who didn't see this coming?

He made the proposal to make himself look like he had reached out to the black community.  Not to *ACTUALLY* reach out to the black community.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:53:27 pm »
I'm sure the push back from the congregants was mighty.