Author Topic: Rick Perry Responds to Those Begging him to Primary Ted Cruz in 2018  (Read 665 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: POLITISTICK

URL: http://politistick.com/rick-perry-responds-to-those-begging-him-to-primary-ted-cruz-in-2018/

by: Jennifer Burke

The Trump campaign believes that a sign of party unity is to kick anyone out who doesn’t bow down before Trump. If you dare to cross him, then you’re fair game for destruction. The GOP elites who support Trump feel the same way. That’s why after Ted Cruz encouraged people at the RNC convention to “vote their conscience,” the Trump campaign urged and led the crowd in booing Cruz. Donald Trump, Jr. even proclaimed that there was party unity when Cruz got booed.

Almost immediately afterwards, GOP elite forces pledged to primary Texas Senator Ted Cruz when he seeks re-election to a second term in 2018. One of the names floated as a possibility to run against him in the primary was the longest-serving governor in Texas history, Rick Perry. When Donald Trump recently delivered a speech in the red state of Texas, he even made remarks seeming to encourage Perry to run.

So, will he or won’t he?

Rick Perry spoke with the Texas Tribune about his participation in the upcoming season of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” on Tuesday. Outside of that, he also discussed whether he would run against Ted Cruz for U.S. Senate. His answer made it perfectly clear on whether he had any intentions to primary his friend, Ted Cruz, in 2018, or anytime.

In the political world, my experience has been almost exclusively as an executive,” Perry said. “Agriculture commissioner …lieutenant governor … which you have your foot in both the executive branch and the legislative branch. And then governor for 14 years.”

“That’s my strength, that is what I enjoy doing, that is not the talents required for the United States Senate,” he said. “My preference of what’s next for Rick Perry is not to be in the United States Senate.”

There is speculation that Perry’s executive post could be  U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs should Donald Trump defy the polls and win the presidency in November.

It looks like those Trump-supporters still angry at Cruz’s decision to not endorse Trump will have to keep looking for a potential opponent to help them take out their vindictiveness against one of the few members of Congress who actually fight for the people, for freedom, and for the Constitution.

Or, they can just grow up and let it go.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Rick Perry Responds to Those Begging him to Primary Ted Cruz in 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 04:13:41 pm »
SOURCE: POLITISTICK

URL: http://politistick.com/rick-perry-responds-to-those-begging-him-to-primary-ted-cruz-in-2018/

by: Jennifer Burke

(snip)

Or, they can just grow up and let it go.

Sh'yeah, don't expect that to happen any time soon.
Let it burn.

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 04:36:48 pm »
Fortunately, the tRumplets have very little power as is witnessed by Rubio handily winning his primary yesterday.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »
Fortunately, the tRumplets have very little power as is witnessed by Rubio handily winning his primary yesterday.

And just like Paul Ryan getting 85% in his primary.   The orange just doesn't rub off.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 05:14:35 pm »
And just like Paul Ryan getting 85% in his primary.   The orange just doesn't rub off.

I see two potential outcomes of this election, neither a good option:

A:  Trump loses and the Trumpites and GOPe once again, fail to learn the lesson that you can not win without the over enthusiastic support from your base.  Rather than see that a poor candidate was supported, they will blame those that they feel did not support their candidate as having "sabotaged" the campaign.  And believe me, they will hold grudges and will out of spite, vote against conservatives next election.

B: Trump wins and the Trumpites and GOPe will believe that conservatives are no longer relevant and that the move by the GOP to the left to Dem lite was a good idea.  More of the same liberal policies will follow.  The direction of the country will NOT change, but it may slow down.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »
The direction of the country will NOT change, but it may slow down.

Slow down? Doubtful...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:21:58 pm by guitar4jesus »