Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?  (Read 15443 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2016, 12:57:24 am »
He was.  And while it is being ignored by many the quote I provided proves it.

I heard Rush say these things about Cruz, and it just proves my point - he then went on to spend most of his time doting on Trump.

Quotes like this are exactly why many of us are p*ssed at him.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2016, 01:19:43 am »
I heard Rush say these things about Cruz, and it just proves my point - he then went on to spend most of his time doting on Trump.   Quotes like this are exactly why many of us are p*ssed at him.

Yes, conservatives supporting a lifelong New York liberal Donald Trump; it's a strange phenomenon. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2016, 04:17:34 am »
If anyone thinks Rush's career is over, that person should read this thread.  No other news personality could generate this much interest.

I guess people hear what they want to hear but I remember Rush as one of the first media voices for Ted Cruz.  Remember, Ted Cruz did not start out as a major player.  He was virtually unknown outside of Texas and Rush was savvy enough to be well aware of him and like him.

If I ever get a radio again, I shall continue to listen to Rush and I wish him well.
You don't need a radio. You can listen to him on your computer or mobile device. Just go to RushLimbaugh.com. He will have a heading that gives every radio station in the country that carries his show. Just click on one of the stations to get his live show.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2016, 04:19:36 am »
I don't think you can stream his program without paying for it.

And I for one, cancelled my six-year-long membership two months ago.  I don't intend to renew...EVER.

Whether he intended to or not, Limbaugh irrevocably damaged the conservative movement with his joining the trumpies' cult.
Nah!...he's available live for free on hundreds of stations on-line. There's maybe a few seconds delay from the radio broadcast.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:20:03 am by goatprairie »

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2016, 11:55:43 am »
Rush did a little too much misdirection regarding Trump. When a listener would call in questioning one or more of Trump's stances, Rush would quickly start yammering about something Hillary was going to do or had done. He never bothered to discuss in detail some of Trump's wackier ideas or his past indiscretions. 
It was not so much what Rush said about Trump as what he didn't or wouldn't say about him.  What he didn't say said volumes.
Yes, he was sort of an apologist for Trump, a deflector, as you wrote.  He's become intellectually dishonest about conservatism, the Republican Party, and Trump.  He lost credibility when with many people when he became a woozy about the liberal statist, Trump.

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2016, 11:56:31 am »
Yes, he was sort of an apologist for Trump, a deflector, as you wrote.  He's become intellectually dishonest about conservatism, the Republican Party, and Trump.  He lost credibility when with many people when he became a woozy about the liberal statist, Trump.

I'm with you, but I don't know that Rush will notice or care. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2016, 01:14:00 pm »
I'm with you, but I don't know that Rush will notice or care.

His career may not be over, but his honor is over............. and the members of his audience that listened to him because we thought he was conservative and honest will be few and far between.

He's going to have to get a new schtick about liberalism vs. conservatism, because now he's on the side of the former, and not the latter.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »
His career may not be over, but his honor is over............. and the members of his audience that listened to him because we thought he was conservative and honest will be few and far between.

He's going to have to get a new schtick about liberalism vs. conservatism, because now he's on the side of the former, and not the latter.

It's over in so far as I'm concerned!  When the time came for him to make a difference he punted and that's all I need to know about him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2016, 01:40:08 pm »
It's over in so far as I'm concerned!  When the time came for him to make a difference he punted and that's all I need to know about him!

Totally agree, Bigun.  I can't ever listen to him again, because he has totally lost my trust.  And once lost, it's difficult to impossible to restore.

And I doubt he even cares enough to try.  He had months to prove he had meant what he had said about conservatism.

But he never even tried.

The trouble is that it's what a large percentage of his listeners actually believed.......... with or without him.

Now it's going to be without him......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »
As I was running some errands this weekend in the car, there was a replay of Limbaugh's show that had the call in question.  I had never heard the actual call in person.  Ok....it was bad.  I still listen to Rush strictly for entertainment purposes, but I do agree with most here that he lost his credibility.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:19:22 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »
As I was running some errands this weekend in the car, there was a replay of Limbaugh's show that had the call in question.  I had never heard the actual call in person.  Ok....it was bad.  I still listen to Rush strictly for entertainment purposes, but I do agree with most here that he lost his credibility.

I hear you, but I don't find him entertaining any more.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2016, 03:51:08 pm »
I hear you, but I don't find him entertaining any more.

Nor I.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2016, 04:27:07 pm »
Mark Levin is not fond of Trump (maybe because he's not a golf buddy.) Levin never fails to point out many of Trump's conservative deficiencies.  At any rate, he says he'll still vote for Trump because he can't stand the idea of President Hillary. Now that is a position I can understand, and I might vote for Trump for that reason as well. (I'm still not sure what I'll do...I might write in Cruz.)
But Rush couldn't or wouldn't do that. He's already admitted Trump is not a conservative while praising Cruz (and Rubio as well) as being solidly conservative overall.
He certainly has enough dough that he could withstand the loss of listeners who would stop listening to him for criticizing Genghis Con. But nary a negative word about Trump escaped Rush's lips.
By failing to make even modest objections to any of Trump's many sins Rush threw away his integrity and the loss of millions of formerly hardcore listeners, like me, who now only listen occasionally or have totally given up listening to him.
After years of preaching about always electing a solid conservative he throws in with the least conservative and most morally objectionable Pubbie candidate ever. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »
Mark Levin is not fond of Trump (maybe because he's not a golf buddy.) Levin never fails to point out many of Trump's conservative deficiencies.  At any rate, he says he'll still vote for Trump because he can't stand the idea of President Hillary. Now that is a position I can understand, and I might vote for Trump for that reason as well. (I'm still not sure what I'll do...I might write in Cruz.)
But Rush couldn't or wouldn't do that. He's already admitted Trump is not a conservative while praising Cruz (and Rubio as well) as being solidly conservative overall.
He certainly has enough dough that he could withstand the loss of listeners who would stop listening to him for criticizing Genghis Con. But nary a negative word about Trump escaped Rush's lips.
By failing to make even modest objections to any of Trump's many sins Rush threw away his integrity and the loss of millions of formerly hardcore listeners, like me, who now only listen occasionally or have totally given up listening to him.
After years of preaching about always electing a solid conservative he throws in with the least conservative and most morally objectionable Pubbie candidate ever. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Actually, last week Levin said he would make his decision and announce it after Labor Day.