Author Topic: Mark Levin takes a shot at Free Republic  (Read 17097 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Mark Levin takes a shot at Free Republic
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:45 pm »
How is it cowardly or deceptive to tell your old friends that it's late and they should get on board and then ask others not to bash Levin? Sorry. I don't get that.

Jim posted that screed about his devoted pal Levin eight weeks after claiming the man isn't a conservative.  Mark Levin, the Constitutional scholar and Reagan admin employee---not conservative because he wouldn't prostrate himself in front of a game show host.  Id say that's bashing, and of the most deceitful sort. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2016, 10:19:40 pm »
Some months ago I saw a Freeper calling Thomas Sowell a "Democrat uncle Tom" for telling the truth about Trump.
I've read quite a few remarks by some Freepers trashing Sowell and other conservatives who've done yeoman work for conservatism while the carping little fleas making the snide remarks have probably done next to nothing. When you call Tom Sowell a derogatory name, that says more about your intelligence, or lack thereof, than it does Sowell.

Silver Pines

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2016, 10:21:01 pm »
I think the deal with the recent JR thread about Levin is he's trying to get Levin back posting on TOS.  Levin walked away back in May, when many of our newcomers from there came over.

@Cyber Liberty

I've kept in touch with a FR friend who talks to Levin now and then.  From what I understand, Jim can stop trying.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »
And now Sean Hannity is a "GREAT AMERICAN" at TOS because he's a Trump supporter.  So all is forgiven/forgotten over there.  :silly:
Yeah, that's one of the laughable turnabouts over there. Up until now Hannity was regularly trashed by many Freepers. I actually liked Hannity for many years even though his show could get quite repetitious i.e. boring.  But now he seems to have completely lost his bearings being the no. 1 toady for Trump.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2016, 10:26:47 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I've kept in touch with a FR friend who talks to Levin now and then.  From what I understand, Jim can stop trying.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.  Levin packed it in during the thickest of the Great Migration to TBR.  Many of us came over not because we were in danger of zots, but out of disgust for the zots that happened.  If Levin were to tell me he left for that reason, I'd shake his hand for recognizing tyranny wherever it happens, even TOS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2016, 10:29:27 pm »
Doesn't surprise me in the least.  Levin packed it in during the thickest of the Great Migration to TBR.  Many of us came over not because we were in danger of zots, but out of disgust for the zots that happened.  If Levin were to tell me he left for that reason, I'd shake his hand for recognizing tyranny wherever it happens, even TOS.

It would be great if he showed up here.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2016, 10:30:50 pm »
TOSsers are hating on Rush even though he's gone full Trumpster because he was late to the game.  They're a fickle bunch.
Being a regular Rush listener for a two decades I never did hear him say anything negative about Trump. He didn't all out endorse him because he never endorses anybody in the primaries. But Trump has so many negatives and Rush said next to nothing about them.
That led me to believe he was a lot closer friends with Trump than he led his listeners to believe. Or Trump has something on him.
I think Rush, unlike Hannity,  knows the score  (about Trump), but now he's so far into Trump's campaign he can't see a way to back out.
At any rate I don't listen to Rush nearly as much as I used to. He can still be entertaining when he's talking about current events or slamming Dems. But when he goes on about Trump, I can't take it. Now I listen to Rush only a few hours a week.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:47 pm »

Jim Robinson is completely full of crap, and a gutless coward as well.  The only reason he posted that is because he's become aware that Levin has noticed the collapse of FR and is talking about it on social media.

That, and a lagging FReepathon.   

Probably a shameful grovel aimed at Levin's pocketbook.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2016, 10:39:26 pm »
He's still upset I didn't go to hell immediately when he condemned me there. But I'm sure he prays I make it there eventually.

The guy was so obsessed he even had people that opposed me there backing me up.
After reading some posts over there recently, HTR now actually sounds like one of the saner Freepers. I didn't say he was sane, but compared to the mob of nutters currently posting over there, he comes off slightly  saner than the others.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:53:25 pm by goatprairie »

Silver Pines

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2016, 11:04:32 pm »
That, and a lagging FReepathon.   

Probably a shameful grovel aimed at Levin's pocketbook.

Anything for a dollar.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2016, 11:21:52 pm »
Many of us came over not because we were in danger of zots, but out of disgust for the zots that happened.

I have never been zotted, nor did I fear it would happen.  I left because the overwhelming majority there, including the Fresno Grifter, were trashing the only conservative in the race while supporting a flaming New York liberal.   

It became clear it was no longer the "Premier online gathering place for independent, grass-roots conservatism on the web" and I no longer want to be a part of it.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:25:22 pm by Vulcan »

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2016, 11:23:35 pm »
I have never been zotted, not did I fear it would happen.  I left because the overwhelming majority there, including the Fresno Grifter, were trashing the only conservative in the race while supporting a flaming New York liberal.   

It became clear it was no longer the "Premier online gathering place for independent, grass-roots conservatism on the web" and I no longer want to be a part of it.

Same here, and I'm even leaning toward voting for that fraud Trump as the only viable alternative to the corrupt, lying felon. 

It wasn't just the trashing of Cruz either.  They were trashing any and every conservative who didn't support Trump.  It was truly unbelievable!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:34:35 pm by Eowyn »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2016, 11:26:27 pm »
Everybody defines "disgust" in their own manner.  I welcome you all to TBR.  We really do let people talk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2016, 11:36:11 pm »
Jim posted that screed about his devoted pal Levin eight weeks after claiming the man isn't a conservative.  Mark Levin, the Constitutional scholar and Reagan admin employee---not conservative because he wouldn't prostrate himself in front of a game show host.  Id say that's bashing, and of the most deceitful sort.

I guess we disagree. If Jim questioned Levin's conservatism because Levin can't yet support Trump, I get it. I disagree with him, but I get it.

That he acknowledges Levin's friendship to FR and says he doesn't like to see him trashed is a good thing IMO. You have a different opinion. I get it. We just disagree on this one.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2016, 11:50:03 pm »
It would be great if he showed up here.

If he did, he would never let on who he is.  He's out in the news threads, if he's here. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2016, 12:40:40 am »
After reading some posts over there recently, HTR now actually sounds like one of the saner Freepers. I didn't say he was sane, but compared to the mob of nutters currently posting over there, he comes off slightly  saner than the others.

Indeed. Considering how batcrap insane the remaining posters are on FR, a psuedochristian zealot is tame by comparison.

Silver Pines

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2016, 12:51:10 am »
I guess we disagree. If Jim questioned Levin's conservatism because Levin can't yet support Trump, I get it. I disagree with him, but I get it.

That he acknowledges Levin's friendship to FR and says he doesn't like to see him trashed is a good thing IMO. You have a different opinion. I get it. We just disagree on this one.

We do.  That he doubts Levin's conservatism because he won't support a liberal fraud is ridiculous. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2016, 02:50:27 am »
Never mind Trump's repeated threats to punish media that speaks against him and his call to bring in someone like Bill Gates to "close up" parts of the internet.

That horrible Miss Marmelade dreams about midnight trysts with the Fat Orange One.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2016, 02:55:25 am »
It irritates the heck out of me that those fascists over there won't allow positions of dissent...

Lie after lie after lie...

Disparaging the character of fine, reputable men, calling them TRAITORS...

Thank God for this website, where we are free to discuss and free to debate. Free to be civil. Free.

TOS is nothing but a sham. The sooner it goes away, the better the conservative cause will be. I'm so glad to see them having trouble closing out there charity drives. I wish nothing but the best for JR, but the fascism on display over there is disgusting and it just needs to go away.

Very charitable to wish the best for J.R. but he is responsible for the dissolution of his own forum.  He allowed the trumpers to viciously attack others on a personal level because they said critical things about trump.

He alone allowed 'safe' threads for trump worshippers ... that was even before he shut off all dissension and zotted anti-trump posters while the zombies gathered around cheering their demise.

I cannot respect him ... he has shown a total lack of character and core beliefs and destroyed a once great forum.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2016, 03:00:54 am »
Brit Hume and the late Tony Snow used to post there too.

Now they are mostly Donald Trump's favorites.....  the undereducated.

Yes, I remember that.  Lucianne Goldberg posted there also.  She left because of the personal attacks between posters and the vulgarity.

I haven't been to her site in a long time but last time I was there, it had been corrupted by those pesky trumpettes, who are faithful if nothing else.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2016, 03:03:07 am »
TOSsers are hating on Rush even though he's gone full Trumpster because he was late to the game.  They're a fickle bunch.

Yes, I still visit the Rush threads occasionally to see if Rush's current pro-Trump stand has won any supporters.  It has not.  They still want blood and cannot forgive him for being Fair earlier in the process and for liking Ted Cruz.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2016, 03:06:39 am »
They've been the Westboro Baptist Church of conservative internet forums since 2012.

Really?  I didn't know what they'd been up to in the last 4 years because I was banned for being a supporter of Rick Perry in the last primary.  I just never was interested enough to go back but at the start of this primary I did go back and it was fun for a while ... but then Jim R. let the dogs loose and allowed the vicious insults of Cruz supporters and finally allowed no trump-dissent whatever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2016, 03:10:06 am »
Badge of honor.

If Willard = Romney... I'd vote for him this time in a heartbeat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2016, 03:15:43 am »
I think I read something by her a year or two ago about how that topic was her pet obsession. She's apparently done a lot of research on Richard III.....among other things in the theatrical area.

She is a pretentious snot and claims to know 'people' and she is a mean, vindictive woman.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2016, 03:19:16 am »
Being a regular Rush listener for a two decades I never did hear him say anything negative about Trump. He didn't all out endorse him because he never endorses anybody in the primaries. But Trump has so many negatives and Rush said next to nothing about them.
That led me to believe he was a lot closer friends with Trump than he led his listeners to believe. Or Trump has something on him.
I think Rush, unlike Hannity,  knows the score  (about Trump), but now he's so far into Trump's campaign he can't see a way to back out.
At any rate I don't listen to Rush nearly as much as I used to. He can still be entertaining when he's talking about current events or slamming Dems. But when he goes on about Trump, I can't take it. Now I listen to Rush only a few hours a week.

Rush is the only commentator I hate to lose.  He's just been a conservative rock for so long ... reassuring and entertaining combined.  I think he is mostly for Trump now because he's hated Hillary so long and I have also but, as someone said, she is the second most horrible candidate running.