Author Topic: Mark Levin takes a shot at Free Republic  (Read 17085 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Mark Levin takes a shot at Free Republic
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2016, 08:01:49 pm »
Colofornian I believe

That's right.

That one has some major issues.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2016, 08:03:32 pm »
That's right.

That one has some major issues.

Also, @Norm Lenhart 's personal stalker, Hitech Redneck.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2016, 08:03:42 pm »
Yeah, I can agree with that.  I don't have a big thing about protecting Mormons or anything, but exhibition of that kind of mindless disdain is usually indicative of other, deeper character issues.

It was practically stalking by a few freepers. I almost wanted to create another ID and troll the crap out of them but I figured that would be rude.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »
Also, @Norm Lenhart 's personal stalker, Hitech Redneck.

He's still upset I didn't go to hell immediately when he condemned me there. But I'm sure he prays I make it there eventually.

The guy was so obsessed he even had people that opposed me there backing me up.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2016, 08:21:59 pm »
But the FReepers are too stupid to notice or too arrogant to be satisfied with that win.  No.  They must have full devotion. 

I call that "Won't take 'Yes!' for an answer."

Levin does not deserve what they are giving him.  He has been loyal to that website far longer than they've deserved.

I posted his recent posting history at TOS.  Holdonnow hasn't posted since May, and those last few posts were spent fending off personal attacks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:44 pm »

JR still loves Levin:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3464746/posts

Mark Levin aka "The Great One" has always been a conservative and friend of Free Republic
August 31, 2016 | Jim Robinson

Posted on 08/31/2016 11:52:34 AM PDT by Jim Robinson

Mark Levin aka "The Great One" has always been a great constitutional conservative and great friend of Free Republic. Doesn't post much anymore but has had an account here (holdonnow) from nearly the beginning. He stood up for FR when his good friend Hannity was running us down. Also when . . . .

Really?  I'm having a bit of cognitive dissonance.

Offline chae

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
Someone needs to send him a life line :)

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »

Levin does not deserve what they are giving him.  He has been loyal to that website far longer than they've deserved.

Levin does not deserve it; but we can all learn from it.  The Trump-cult phenomenon is letting us sort out the conviction-conservatives from the movement groupies and the seekers of heroes.  Principle versus personality.

Trump will crash and burn, it seems...sorry, but that's how it's shaking out...and, if America survives, a whole lot of former pundits and talk-show yakkers and falsely-identified "conservative" pols will all be looking for new work.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2016, 08:40:16 pm »
Someone needs to send him a life line :)

I did tell Levin on twitter that I had immigrated to TBR from FR.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2016, 08:51:33 pm »
Really?  I'm having a bit of cognitive dissonance.

Indeed.

They've got one thread going that totally bashes Levin, then this groveling vanity from JR.  It's absurd, but no more so than most of what goes on over there these days.

:shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2016, 09:15:56 pm »
One of the better documentaries I've seen about how it happened.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KG74s4DnRw

A lot of them knew something very wrong was happening but it wasn't happening to them so they looked the other way.
I have little doubt the adults were often willfully ignorant, if not in agreement. The lady I talked with was a schoolgirl, and they were well indoctrinated that everything was rosy. They believed the lies, at first anyway, and there was always some official excuse why odd things happened, much as you will see today here in the US.
Look at the Waco Massacre(s) and you can accept the official version, the newspapers will commonly reinforce it, as will the evening news. Beyond that, most folks won't read past the headline, much less do any digging to find out what really happened. Sometimes the official accounts are accurate, sometimes not. So it was for them, only they had been raised on believing and not questioning what they were told. As ever, the children are the most vulnerable, and the most rabid of their soldiers at the end of the war were in their teens, pumped full of propaganda and methamphetamine.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:17:26 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »
I've never been an FR member but what the heck I took a peek at the link.  Boy, that place sure is spawning the kooks.   The technical term is a circle jerk. 

There are some great voices here that used to be on FR.   Thanks for coming over, and participating in an honest, well-run conservative discussion board.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »
I have little doubt the adults were often willfully ignorant, if not in agreement. The lady I talked with was a schoolgirl, and they were well indoctrinated that everything was rosy. They believed the lies, at first anyway, and there was always some official excuse why odd things happened, much as you will see today here in the US.
Look at the Waco Massacre(s) and you can accept the official version, the newspapers will commonly reinforce it, as will the evening news. Beyond that, most folks won't read past the headline, much less do any digging to find out what really happened. Sometimes the official accounts are accurate, sometimes not. So it was for them, only they had been raised on believing and not questioning what they were told. As ever, the children are the most vulnerable, and the most rabid of their soldiers at the end of the war were in their teens, pumped full of propaganda and methamphetamine.

In the documentary there are comments from Germans who said they didn't believe the Reichstag fire story but you didn't say so because you never knew who was listening and they had full bellies.

Toward the end of the documentary is a diary entry from a soldier stationed on the English channel. He couldn't believe what he was seeing as the allied invasion force arrived because "There aren't that many ships in the whole world".

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2016, 09:35:23 pm »

JR still loves Levin:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3464746/posts

Mark Levin aka "The Great One" has always been a conservative and friend of Free Republic
August 31, 2016 | Jim Robinson

Posted on 08/31/2016 11:52:34 AM PDT by Jim Robinson

Mark Levin aka "The Great One" has always been a great constitutional conservative and great friend of Free Republic. Doesn't post much anymore but has had an account here (holdonnow) from nearly the beginning. He stood up for FR when his good friend Hannity was running us down. Also when . . . .

@jedidah
@Sanguine
@RAT Patrol

Jim Robinson is completely full of crap, and a gutless coward as well.  The only reason he posted that is because he's become aware that Levin has noticed the collapse of FR and is talking about it on social media.  THIS is what Jim posted about Levin only eight weeks ago:

6/30/2016, 5:38:46 PM · 110 of 136
Jim Robinson to CSM

If our two “top conservative” senators are going to stand around pouting with their thumbs up their butts and allow the America-hating Hillary Clinton to get elected to the presidency where she will have the power to completely destroy our country, then I guess they’re actually not that conservative are they? Same goes for our old friends Levin and Limbaugh. Wake up and smell the coffee. It’s a lot later than you think.

Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies

I despise a cowardly liar.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2016, 09:35:55 pm »
That is a phony-baloney post from Jim Robinson.  He is treating Levin VERY differently from every other freeper who has not yet bowed and kissed the Trump ring.  Why?

1.  He is scared of negative publicity.  You know, EXPOSURE of the hideous mess he has created out of his website.
2.  He is waiving a carrot at Levin, essentially saying "If you bow and kiss the Trump ring, we will love you again....ratings, you know...."

Not even remotely true. Levin has been a friend to FR when others, like O'Reilly and Hannity weren't. It's absolutely the right thing to do where Mark Levin is concerned. I commend Jim for doing it. He could easily have bowed to the angry mob and let them repeatedly trash Levin. He didn't. Levin deserves some loyalty and friendship for all that he has done and continues to do for the conservative cause. He should be treated differently from mostly anonymous freepers bashing Trump over there.

Jim is not scared of negative publicity. He'd have tucked tale long ago if he were because there's been plenty. Hannity makes it a point to call FR a hate site whenever someone raises the subject of FR. I didn't see Jim extend any carrots to him or O'Reilly. This wasn't a carrot. This was the right thing to do.

There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »
@jedidah
@Sanguine
@RAT Patrol

Jim Robinson is completely full of crap, and a gutless coward as well.  The only reason he posted that is because he's become aware that Levin has noticed the collapse of FR and is talking about it on social media.  THIS is what Jim posted about Levin only eight weeks ago:

Jim Robinson to CSM

If our two “top conservative” senators are going to stand around pouting with their thumbs up their butts and allow the America-hating Hillary Clinton to get elected to the presidency where she will have the power to completely destroy our country, then I guess they’re actually not that conservative are they? Same goes for our old friends Levin and Limbaugh. Wake up and smell the coffee. It’s a lot later than you think.

@CatherineofAragon

Great catch!   888high58888
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:01 pm »
@jedidah
@Sanguine
@RAT Patrol

Jim Robinson to CSM

How is it cowardly or deceptive to tell your old friends that it's late and they should get on board and then ask others not to bash Levin? Sorry. I don't get that.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:05 pm »
How is it cowardly or deceptive to tell your old friends that it's late and they should get on board and then ask others not to bash Levin? Sorry. I don't get that.
I think the point is that JR calls out Levin as not being a conservative in that post because he's not displaying the same or greater level of devotion as those at TOS. 

Levin continues to criticize Trump and as has been seen at TOS, that is "treason" to them. 

Then in today's post, JR goes on and on about what a great conservative Levin is. 

There's a form of hypocrisy there. 

I agree about the cowardice or deceit, don't know that I'd go there.

I think Levin's not being banned on FR is probably a combination of both some degree of loyalty to Levin for having previously defended TOS and attempting to maintain some level of respectability for the site.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2016, 09:54:49 pm »
That woman's obsession with R III is almost necrophilic.
I think I read something by her a year or two ago about how that topic was her pet obsession. She's apparently done a lot of research on Richard III.....among other things in the theatrical area.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:03 pm »
I think the deal with the recent JR thread about Levin is he's trying to get Levin back posting on TOS.  Levin walked away back in May, when many of our newcomers from there came over. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2016, 09:59:57 pm »
A better example of projection you will never find than the one you linked.

I wish Levin wouldn't give TOS the free publicity & just leave it to decay on its own. Its no longer a factor.

My thoughts exactly.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:13 pm »
Not even remotely true. Levin has been a friend to FR when others, like O'Reilly and Hannity weren't. It's absolutely the right thing to do where Mark Levin is concerned. I commend Jim for doing it. He could easily have bowed to the angry mob and let them repeatedly trash Levin. He didn't. Levin deserves some loyalty and friendship for all that he has done and continues to do for the conservative cause. He should be treated differently from mostly anonymous freepers bashing Trump over there.

Jim is not scared of negative publicity. He'd have tucked tale long ago if he were because there's been plenty. Hannity makes it a point to call FR a hate site whenever someone raises the subject of FR. I didn't see Jim extend any carrots to him or O'Reilly. This wasn't a carrot. This was the right thing to do.

Jim IS the angry mob.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2016, 10:09:49 pm »
I'm not sure, @XenaLee - I get the feeling that many of these "warriors" are just cowardly misfits sitting in their dark rooms pretending to be brave, when they are, in fact, afraid of their own shadows.

I think that's why guys like Cruz make them crazy.  They hate what they don't understand.  And what they don't understand is courage under fire, and dedication to principles.

If Trump becomes President, however, and has the authority of the US government to go after his enemies (which include us) we may have something to fear.

He's insane.
I don' think he's insane....I think he's just a puffed-up, egotistical blowhard who got in front on a certain issue and was propelled by some  people in the media. Like many super rich people with skill in one area,  he thinks he's a genius at everything. But he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
I was chagrined to see so many supposedly savvy "conservatives"  fall for his act. It's one thing to believe a certain candidate is the best candidate for your pet issue i.e. immigration. But the virtues many Freepers attribute to Trump are laughable.  If you believe some of them they really think he can solve every issue afflicting the country in his first term. They fell for him like a ton of bricks. That was dismaying....there really are a lot of Obama follower-like, gullible Republicans.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2016, 10:10:57 pm »
TOSsers are hating on Rush even though he's gone full Trumpster because he was late to the game.  They're a fickle bunch.

They are a fickle bunch indeed.  I remember getting flamed when I suggested Anne Coulter eat a sandwich and take a Midol.  They started hating on her when she showed support for Mitt Romney.  Now that Anne Coulter supports Trump she is their darling again.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2016, 10:11:42 pm »
I would reply but I do not have a braille feature to translate it for you and other willfully blind Trumpsters.

I'm not a blind Trumpster by any stretch of the imagination. I've served up plenty of criticism of Trump.

So there's that. Your snark is noted. Have a nice evening.