Author Topic: Reuters: Donald Trump Closes 12-Point Gap with Hillary Clinton, Now Tied  (Read 797 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BREITBART

URL: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/30/reuters-donald-trump-closes-gap-hillary-clinton/

Donald Trump closed a 12-point polling gap with Hillary Clinton in five days, leaving them half a percent apart during the next two-day period, according to new polling data from Reuters.
On August 22, Clinton led Trump by 12 points, 44.8 percent to 32.8 percent. By Aug. 27, the two candidates were neck and neck, according to Reuters.

By Aug. 29, Trump had nudged up again to 39.1 percent, while she was at 39.7 percent. He gained 6.7 points, while she lost 5.1 points during the entire seven-day period.

Twenty percent of the respondents declined to pick either of the two leaders in the poll of 1,397 likely voters, which was concluded Aug .29.

Trump’s support among Republicans climbed from 71 percent up to 78.3 percent. Clinton’s support among Democrats dipped slightly from 81.6 percent to 78.5 percent.

The poll reflects a general trend, in which Trump has managed to close much of the gap that Clinton opened in early August.

In July, Reuters sharply changed how it presented polling data, political strategist Pat Caddell told Breitbart Radio. “It is, beyond doubt, the most outrageous thing,” he declared.

Excerpt only, Click above link for the rest...

Offline SirLinksALot

Behind the poll, here is the breakdown:

Dems polled: +4 over GOP

Women 58/Men 42

Offline Frank Cannon

Bottom line: Trump is STILL behind the most hated candidate the Rats ever fielded.........because he is the most hated candidate the GOP ever ran.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Considering Trumpbart, uh I mean Breitbart's association with campaign, I think anything that site states is subject to skepticism.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

The fact that Trump is in Arizona and Pence is in Georgia, two states that should be easy wins for a GOP nominee, is testament that this race is looking like a Hillary landslide.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Considering Trumpbart, uh I mean Breitbart's association with campaign, I think anything that site states is subject to skepticism.

At the end of the day ot really doesn't matter where they land in a national poll because we have an electoral system and Trump has pretty much no path to an electoral victory.

Offline SirLinksALot

We should be skeptical, however, this is a reference to Reuters' poll, so you might want to be skeptical of Reuters instead of Breitbart in this case.

Offline sinkspur

Something's up with Ipsos this cycle.  These wild swings in such a short period of time are not reflective of a stable methodology.

Be suspicious of any outliers and this is definitely an outlier.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We should be skeptical, however, this is a reference to Reuters' poll, so you might want to be skeptical of Reuters instead of Breitbart in this case.

So we supposed to give credibility to Brietbart for only citing outlier polls to make this thing sound close?

Whatever dude.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.