Author Topic: Michele Bachmann: 'God raised up' Donald Trump  (Read 8626 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Michele Bachmann: 'God raised up' Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 01:11:15 pm »
I don't recall Bachmann making lies a part of her campaign such as when the Cruz campaign accused Kasich of receiving Soros money or lying about what Marco Rubio said about the Bible. Can't disown the truth. Oh, know, Mark Levin has an internet report card on whom is the constitutional conservative.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 01:15:41 pm »
Wow! That didn't take long...  :silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 01:15:57 pm »
I don't recall Bachmann making lies a part of her campaign such as when the Cruz campaign accused Kasich of receiving Soros money or lying about what Marco Rubio said about the Bible. Can't disown the truth. Oh, know, Mark Levin has an internet report card on whom is the constitutional conservative.
I wasn't referring to Bachmann, but you knew that, didn't you?
No one is saying she is God's anointed one, are they?
I'm not discussing Cruz, either, just Trump.
He's the one claimed to be "sent by God", not any of the others.

And you implied that those who 'couldn't see that' were not Christian.  :nono:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:16:53 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:20 pm »
Trump has barely reached the stage to grasp the concept of a higher power, he is far far from being Christian

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 01:31:09 pm »
What I think is happening with a few of these people is that they are trying desperately to defend their support of an amoral, corrupt Democrat, so they are making goofy things up about him to make them feel better about themselves.

Michelle is completely wrong.  Donald Trump raised himself up out of narcissism and ego, and if America elects him, it will be because of our disobedience to God, not because God "raised him up."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 01:35:23 pm »
I wasn't referring to Bachmann, but you knew that, didn't you?
No one is saying she is God's anointed one, are they?
I'm not discussing Cruz, either, just Trump.
He's the one claimed to be "sent by God", not any of the others.

And you implied that those who 'couldn't see that' were not Christian.  :nono:

He didn't imply it.  He said it outright.

Those of us who don't support Trump are not Christians like Bachman and Trump are.

And yet, here is their god........ amoral, corrupt, serial adulterer, pro-abortion, including partial birth abortion, ignorant of Scripture, vain, arrogant, boastful, pathological liar, vulgar, and with no integrity whatsoever.

And Tom thinks if WE were Christians we would support him since that's what HE is.

As with most declarations of Trump zealots and worshippers, what he claims is the polar opposite of what is true.

(And if this guy supported Cruz, I'll eat my hat.  He despises Cruz with a passion.  NO one who voted for Cruz hates him like Tom does).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 01:42:01 pm »
God didn't send locusts to punish America (yet) he sent something even worse (and apropos) he rose the slimiest, scummiest, filthiest POS from the pits of the celebutard sewer. Humans have free will, and their punishments are usually self-inflicted. This time, both candidates are fitting punishment for the people that voted. These two pieces of excrement represent the worst of humanity and America very well indeed.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 01:53:10 pm »
I find these statements by people to be pretty pretentious, as if they know God's plans.

I'll be the first to say he may have been "raised up by God", and I'll also be the first to say he may not have been "raised up" by God.

How would any of us know?

It's not like God is sending any of us a memo.....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 01:54:31 pm »
What I think is happening with a few of these people is that they are trying desperately to defend their support of an amoral, corrupt Democrat, so they are making goofy things up about him to make them feel better about themselves.

Michelle is completely wrong.  Donald Trump raised himself up out of narcissism and ego, and if America elects him, it will be because of our disobedience to God, not because God "raised him up."

:amen:  Trump himself has stated that he feels he has no need to repent or ask for forgiveness, because he has done no wrong!  Lying about others, verbally attacking and abusing others and cheating is not Christian-like.

We have become a country that allows late term abortions, mutilation of fetus, selling body parts, same-sex marriage, transgender bathrooms, arming rebels to form a caliphate, prohibiting 'God" in our classrooms. 

We should as a country be begging God for mercy instead of following the Orange god who can do no wrong!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:55:20 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 01:56:17 pm »
Non-Christians don't get it.

Christians like Bachmann and Trump do.

@TomSea

A couple of questions for you.

Firstly, are you saying that those of us who refuse to support Trump aren't Christians?

Secondly, what evidence do you have that Trump is a Christian?  He got up on stage and waved a Bible and claimed the name of Christ when in fact, according to Ben Carson, the man is little more than a functional atheist. 

Can you describe the fruits of his Christian conversion?

Has he personally given a testimony of his faith, instead of relying on toadies who backtrack on their claims of his faith?

Has Trump rid himself of the strip clubs he owns?

Has he repented of his many affairs with married women and asked for forgiveness from the spouses and children he harmed?

Has he demonstrated repentance of his appearance on the cover of Playboy?  Apparently not, since it's still on his wall; it showed up behind him when he posed for a picture with that stooge, Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Has he apologized for being the first political candidate to ever mention the size of his genitals in a nationally televised debate?

Or for that famously disgraceful episode where he mocked a handicapped reporter?

Has he said that he was wrong about never doing anything wrong and not needing forgiveness?

Exactly where are the fruits of Trump's "Christianity"?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 02:42:56 pm »
Trump has barely reached the stage to grasp the concept of a higher power, he is far far from being Christian

The Double Minded Man

Revelations 3:13

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
 14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold  nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

I was going to call this article "Idols of the Heart", because that is what it is really about. The things that cause us to be double minded and take our focus from the very Person of Jesus Christ. These idols, sacred cows or Golden calves can be a person, organization, activity (the sports god?), position, job, money, possessions, religious belief system, heritage/genealogy, culture, self-focus/self-importance, hobbies, perceived 'rights', politics, land or country, and quite simply, minding earthly things.

Philippians 3:20 "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

Unfortunately, while many are not deliberately trying to turn from their focus of God, others deliberately are double minded. Many are immature or in sin issues that they have not dealt with, thereby not being obedient to Scriptures. Many hang on to their sacred cows, believing they should not take the test of the Word of God. Others appear to make choices to be double minded.

Many are familiar with the Scriptures in James 1: 6

"But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

And James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."

" A double minded man is unstable in all his ways...."

To be double minded and unstable needs to be understood...

From Strong's Concordance >

Double minded > 1374. diqucov dipsuchos, dip'-soo-khos
 from 1364 and 5590; two-spirited, i.e. vacillating (in opinion or purpose):--double minded.

Unstable > 182. akatastatov akatastatos, ak-at-as'-tat-os
 from 1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of 2525; inconstant:--unstable.

http://www.seekgod.ca/idols.htm

Way, way, way to far.  This is an election and Trump is a candidate.  A very Secular candidate.  Who doesn't believe that he needs Christ sacrifice on the Cross.  My Spirit is leading me to the Word and it is a warning.

What is the church doing?  Worshipping Trump.  It is idol worship.

The church is so full of fear of politics they cling to evil.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:45:18 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 03:03:30 pm »
The church is so full of fear of politics they cling to evil.

^^^ THIS!! ^^^

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 03:07:34 pm »
:amen:  Trump himself has stated that he feels he has no need to repent or ask for forgiveness, because he has done no wrong!  Lying about others, verbally attacking and abusing others and cheating is not Christian-like.

We have become a country that allows late term abortions, mutilation of fetus, selling body parts, same-sex marriage, transgender bathrooms, arming rebels to form a caliphate, prohibiting 'God" in our classrooms. 

We should as a country be begging God for mercy instead of following the Orange god who can do no wrong!

Exactly.  This country is in the depths of immorality and unrepentant sin, and Donald Trump is a reflection of our lack of values.

His nomination is more of an indication of God's punishment than God's blessing.

Michelle ought to know better.

Offline CSM

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »
Let me get this latest straight, here.

You are saying people who embrace Christ but won't back a fellow who lies, rips off contractors, is an unrepentant serial adulterer, and who swears from the podium, aren't real Christians because they won't see Trump as the anointed of God?

It seems to me that whole anointed thing was what the Trumpettes were playing against another candidate, even though that candidate did not claim the title.

Now the tune has changed.

Say what you will about Trump, but when you have started maligning Christians for failing to embrace the many cognitive disconnects and messianic nonsense above, you have indeed crossed a line.

Trump might have been sent by Almighty God, but so were the  plagues of Egypt.

:thumbsup:

Offline CSM

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 03:28:45 pm »

You really are a one trick pony.  Obviously, you are not up to the challenges given to you.  I'd suggest you are here to really do harm to Trump and his campaign, but I'm not sure you would even be up to that task. 

Let me ask this, how is it possible to become a Christian without ever asking for forgiveness?  Is it not a central tenant of Christianity to ask for atonement?  If that is true, then how is Trump a Christian at all?  He has stated that he "has never asked for forgiveness."

Again, I challenge you to provide an answer that does not contain the words Cruz, Levin, Bush, Kasich, Hillary, Rubio or Soros.  Are you willing to accept the challenge?

@TomSea

Offline unknown

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 03:53:16 pm »
You really are a one trick pony.  Obviously, you are not up to the challenges given to you.  I'd suggest you are here to really do harm to Trump and his campaign, but I'm not sure you would even be up to that task. 

Let me ask this, how is it possible to become a Christian without ever asking for forgiveness?  Is it not a central tenant of Christianity to ask for atonement?  If that is true, then how is Trump a Christian at all?  He has stated that he "has never asked for forgiveness."

Again, I challenge you to provide an answer that does not contain the words Cruz, Levin, Bush, Kasich, Hillary, Rubio or Soros.  Are you willing to accept the challenge?

@TomSea

ok, so I challenge you to provide an answer to the following: How is it one can be considered a Jew and yet also not be considered faithful? (By the way, this is very relevant to your challenge above.)

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »
The so called prophetic evangelist who started this Trump was sent by God, out of the same prophetic message he received from God he was also told Secretariat would win the Tripple Crown a sign that the impossible will happen from an impossible man,  being Donald Trump, and the horse representing America   Look it up. Crazy stuff.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:21:06 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 04:28:14 pm »
She is just one of a multitude of evangelicals who have fallen for the Trump is Cyrus prophecy. Look up Trump and Isaiah 45 and see how big this has gotten. including my sister and her husband who called and tried to convince me that Trump was sent by God to save America.  As a Christian I am either missing out on the biggest prophetic event since Jesus walked the earth, or I will watch  how they are going to explain why God changed his mind if Trump loses.
I just don't see God sending anyone save us who is on the side of the modern day priests of Moloch (PP). The Bible makes it very clear how God sums up rulers. Do they lead their nation in the way of sin or not. I see no evidence that if Trump becomes President that in the rolls of heaven his reign won't be followed with "And he did evil in the site of the Lord."

Furthermore just because God allows a new ruler to rise or allows an old one to be overthrown there is no guarantee the ruler will be a servant of God. You don't even have to read all the way to the book of Two Kings to understand that.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 04:34:26 pm »
So what does it mean when Trump loses?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »
ok, so I challenge you to provide an answer to the following: How is it one can be considered a Jew and yet also not be considered faithful? (By the way, this is very relevant to your challenge above.)
So are you proposing that Christianity can be inherited?
Or did you pickup Jews to muddy the water with one of the most hard to define terms on the face of the earth? Even the Jews argue over what it means to be a Jew. Ask one sometime.

Or you could answer the question.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 04:37:58 pm »
I just don't see God sending anyone save us who is on the side of the modern day priests of Moloch (PP). The Bible makes it very clear how God sums up rulers. Do they lead their nation in the way of sin or not. I see no evidence that if Trump becomes President that in the rolls of heaven his reign won't be followed with "And he did evil in the site of the Lord."

Furthermore just because God allows a new ruler to rise or allows an old one to be overthrown there is no guarantee the ruler will be a servant of God. You don't even have to read all the way to the book of Two Kings to understand that.

:amen:

goopo

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 04:39:06 pm »

In the Jewish religion (depending on the sect), one is Jewish by birth, yuhasin, no matter if they are faithful to the law.

Christianity is different, the very act of becoming Christian is to ask for forgiveness (be it to God or to a Priest, but the act of repentance is the core of the faith). One does not become a Christian by birth but by this act.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 04:44:07 pm »

God sent someone to save us 2,000 years from now. According to the Bible, the next person coming to make that promise to save us (and bring peace and rainbows, ponies and all that jazz) isn't the person we should be rooting for.

Offline beandog

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 04:45:47 pm »
Non-Christians don't get it.

Christians like Bachmann and Trump do.
Intelligent, thinking Christians don't get it.  The ones following the Great Orange tRumpkin Pumpkin may or may not be Christian, but they sure aren't either intelligent or thinking.  They are followers and not of the Lord.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 04:47:02 pm »

If she really believes that, she is one sick woman.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.