Author Topic: Michele Bachmann: 'God raised up' Donald Trump  (Read 8625 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Michele Bachmann: 'God raised up' Donald Trump
« on: August 31, 2016, 03:49:28 am »
Former Tea Party Congresswoman Michele Bachmann believes Donald Trump was "raised up" by God to be the Republican nominee, according to a Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) interview released Tuesday night....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/michele-bachmann-god-raised-up-donald-trump/article/2600614?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Michele Bachmann: 'God raised up' Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:53:22 am »
Former Tea Party Congresswoman Michele Bachmann believes Donald Trump was "raised up" by God to be the Republican nominee, according to a Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) interview released Tuesday night....

Jesus Christ.

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:57:32 am »
Jesus Christ.

No, Michelle was just ditzy confused, she was talking about Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 04:01:00 am »
No, Michelle was just ditzy confused, she was talking about Trump.

LOL. Sorry. My mistake.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 04:07:05 am »
Yes, it is fake. Just for the lulz.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 04:29:17 am »
It's a whole new bad religion that makes the fifty new ones a day coming out of India look respectable

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 05:15:53 am »
I am so sick of this.  God does not appoint all leaders but he does allow evil ones for his own purpose.  He lets us make bad choices.  The Bible is full of rulers who did not know God.

Jeremiah 14:14-16  ESV

And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds. Therefore thus says the Lord concerning the prophets who prophesy in my name although I did not send them, and who say, ‘Sword and famine shall not come upon this land’: By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed. And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and sword, with none to bury them—them, their wives, their sons, and their daughters. For I will pour out their evil upon them.

Galatians 5:19-26  ESV

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. ...

Isaiah 1:4  ESV / 11 helpful votes   

Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken the Lord, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are utterly estranged.

Ezekiel 14:1-16:63  ESV / 7 helpful votes   

Then certain of the elders of Israel came to me and sat before me. And the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, these men have taken their idols into their hearts, and set the stumbling block of their iniquity before their faces. Should I indeed let myself be consulted by them? Therefore speak to them and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Any one of the house of Israel who takes his idols into his heart and sets the stumbling block of his iniquity before his face, and yet comes to the prophet, I the Lord will answer him as he comes with the multitude of his idols, that I may lay hold of the hearts of the house of Israel, who are all estranged from me through their idols. ...

Jeremiah 52:1-3  ESV / 7 helpful votes   

Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he became king; and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Hamutal the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah. And he did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that Jehoiakim had done. For because of the anger of the Lord things came to the point in Jerusalem and Judah that he cast them out from his presence. And Zedekiah rebelled against the king of Babylon.

Jeremiah 51:15-58  ESV / 4 helpful votes   

“It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens. When he utters his voice there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses. Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them. They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish. Not like these is he who is the portion of Jacob, for he is the one who formed all things, and Israel is the tribe of his inheritance; the Lord of hosts is his name. ...

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline unknown

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 05:25:16 am »

Well we shall see. One way or another.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 05:26:22 am »
Bachmann sounds like she is ready for the funny farm

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 05:56:31 am »
If God picked this year's presidential candidates, He must be really P.O.ed at us!

I prefer to believe He stayed out of it, as He always does: I'm not getting involved. I learned
My lesson when I let Samuel talk me into giving My chosen King Saul---I should have had My
bloody head examined! You damn fools want to run Donaldus Minimus against Hilarious Rodent
Clinton, that's your business but include Me out. I'll be here to help you pick up the pieces,
I'm not
that foolish, but My children have always had to learn the hard way, of course . . .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:57:04 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 06:14:25 am »
If God picked this year's presidential candidates, He must be really P.O.ed at us!

I prefer to believe He stayed out of it, as He always does: I'm not getting involved. I learned
My lesson when I let Samuel talk me into giving My chosen King Saul---I should have had My
bloody head examined! You damn fools want to run Donaldus Minimus against Hilarious Rodent
Clinton, that's your business but include Me out. I'll be here to help you pick up the pieces,
I'm not
that foolish, but My children have always had to learn the hard way, of course . . .

Sounds more like God to me.  Somehow all these "Prophets" (false) forgot free will.  To make sense of what Bachman said you would have to believe that Barry and Bill were also Gods appointed chosen rulers.  They were after all elected.  Predestined by God?  All of this nonsense has me almost without a church.   I hear it in our congregation too, and get the same old argument.  Not voting is voting for Hillary.

Please, please, please....please.  My sisters and brothers in Christ point me to the Word that say's I must vote for evil.   Would God have anyone make up stories about the Cruz family?  Would he have anyone be so shallow to insult people's looks.  Make fun of the disabled..........Would he have us vote for someone that finds strength in the Chinese government for Tiananmen Square.  Or Kim jung Un.  How about Saddam Hussein or Vladimir Putin?  Would God appreciate the saying "They can go F___ themselves?

The God I know is a righteous God.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 06:39:20 am »
Toss out another writer I used to respect.

What is it about trumpism that causes BRAIN DAMAGE?!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 11:07:58 am »
Sounds more like God to me.  Somehow all these "Prophets" (false) forgot free will.  To make sense of what Bachman said you would have to believe that Barry and Bill were also Gods appointed chosen rulers.  They were after all elected.  Predestined by God?  All of this nonsense has me almost without a church.   I hear it in our congregation too, and get the same old argument.  Not voting is voting for Hillary.

Please, please, please....please.  My sisters and brothers in Christ point me to the Word that say's I must vote for evil.   Would God have anyone make up stories about the Cruz family?  Would he have anyone be so shallow to insult people's looks.  Make fun of the disabled..........Would he have us vote for someone that finds strength in the Chinese government for Tiananmen Square.  Or Kim jung Un.  How about Saddam Hussein or Vladimir Putin?  Would God appreciate the saying "They can go F___ themselves?

The God I know is a righteous God.
Even in The Garden, The Almighty allowed us to choose. He will not force us, but He will let us suffer the consequences of our actions, especially if we are unrepentant.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RedHead

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 11:19:55 am »

It's amazing the things God gets blamed for.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 11:22:58 am »

It's amazing the things God gets blamed for.
Yeah. You get money you didn't expect, it's a "windfall"; the wind blows a tree over on your house, it's an "Act of God". Go figure.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 11:35:24 am »
She is just one of a multitude of evangelicals who have fallen for the Trump is Cyrus prophecy. Look up Trump and Isaiah 45 and see how big this has gotten. including my sister and her husband who called and tried to convince me that Trump was sent by God to save America.  As a Christian I am either missing out on the biggest prophetic event since Jesus walked the earth, or I will watch  how they are going to explain why God changed his mind if Trump loses.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:46:35 am »
I am so sick of this.  God does not appoint all leaders but he does allow evil ones for his own purpose.  He lets us make bad choices.  The Bible is full of rulers who did not know God.
Indeed. Just about every king who wasn't Josiah or David, for example!  I just saw on my Facebook feed the title of an article I didn't bother to read. It was something like:  Don't choose the lesser of two evils, chose the more effective evil. This is where we are, I guess.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 12:42:04 pm »
She is just one of a multitude of evangelicals who have fallen for the Trump is Cyrus prophecy. Look up Trump and Isaiah 45 and see how big this has gotten. including my sister and her husband who called and tried to convince me that Trump was sent by God to save America.  As a Christian I am either missing out on the biggest prophetic event since Jesus walked the earth, or I will watch  how they are going to explain why God changed his mind if Trump loses.

It's sad really... very sad.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »
Non-Christians don't get it.

Christians like Bachmann and Trump do.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 12:54:46 pm »

Let me get this latest straight, here.

You are saying people who embrace Christ but won't back a fellow who lies, rips off contractors, is an unrepentant serial adulterer, and who swears from the podium, aren't real Christians because they won't see Trump as the anointed of God?

It seems to me that whole anointed thing was what the Trumpettes were playing against another candidate, even though that candidate did not claim the title.

Now the tune has changed.

Say what you will about Trump, but when you have started maligning Christians for failing to embrace the many cognitive disconnects and messianic nonsense above, you have indeed crossed a line.

Trump might have been sent by Almighty God, but so were the  plagues of Egypt.

C S Lewis

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 12:56:46 pm »
Trump might have been sent by Almighty God, but so were the  plagues of Egypt.

Dere it is...

geronl

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 12:57:33 pm »

Trump is not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination. One has to twist scripture all to heck to pretend this idea is remotely Christian.

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »
So now Trump is a lesser, but no less divine, version of Christ?  Shall we call him the Mini-Christ?  Where is he in the pantheon; above the angels or below?  Is he merely on the same level as the saints - a sort of JV Christ?

Would that Trump's supporters could see themselves as others see them, just for a moment, so they could appreciate just how ridiculous - and dangerous - they appear to everybody else.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Offline ABX

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »

OK then.. if you insist. Go ahead, be a witness, explain more.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 01:09:59 pm »

Well to quote the devout Christian Donny Trump: "Go f@%k yourself."