Author Topic: Mystery mummified monster discovered in Siberia diamond pit  (Read 2092 times)

rangerrebew

Mystery mummified monster discovered in Siberia diamond pit
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:45:16 am »
Mystery mummified monster discovered in Siberia diamond pit

Remains of a strange creature have been found by Siberian miners in diamond-yielding sands.

Léa Surugue
    By Léa Surugue
    August 10, 2016 10:19 BST 4,108

Siberia mummified monster
This little mummified monster has been found in a diamond mine north of SiberiaSiberian Times

A bizarre mummified creature has been discovered at the heart of a diamond mine in the Sakha Republic, in northern Siberia. This ancient "monster" could date back to between 252 and 66 million years ago as it was found in sand deposits of that age.

The Siberian Times reports that the miners who found the remains had been working at the Udachnaya pipe diamond deposit, an open-pit diamond mine located just outside the Arctic Circle.
Siberia mummified monster
The Udachnaya pipe diamond deposit is an open-pit diamond mine located just outside the Arctic Circle.Siberian Times

The site was discovered in 1955 and since then yielded 350 million tonnes of ore containing rough diamonds. There has also been a number of unusual discoveries such as that of a mystery red rock full of diamonds.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mystery-mummified-monster-discovered-siberia-diamond-pit-1575285
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:46:10 am by rangerrebew »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Mystery mummified monster discovered in Siberia diamond pit
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:21:41 pm »

This ancient "monster" could date back to between 252 and 66 million years ago as it was found in sand deposits of that age.

Doesn't look all that old. preserved well for the supposed age.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 06:27:56 pm »
  This ancient "monster" could date back to between 252 and 66 million years ago as it was found in sand deposits of that age.

Doesn't look all that old. preserved well for the supposed age.
Did it look like Helen Thomas?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 06:36:20 pm »
More like Huma.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 07:17:05 pm »
I'm no Monsterologist, but I did spend a night at a Holiday Inn Express once, and that looks an awful lot like a dog to me. :doglick:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 08:50:16 pm »
I'm no Monsterologist, but I did spend a night at a Holiday Inn Express once, and that looks an awful lot like a dog to me. :doglick:

Me too.  These types of reports are a hoot.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »
Picture of beast:

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 09:18:21 pm »
Did it look like Helen Thomas?

No! Helen Thomas was uglier.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 06:21:13 am »
Yep. Poor critter probably had a really bad day, but I don't think it is time to call in Ripley yet...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 06:21:52 am »
Picture of beast:

Now, that's scary right there, I don't care who you are...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 10:26:37 am »

Me too!