Author Topic: Dalton: Cal Thomas flips on Trump  (Read 448 times)

Offline unknown

Dalton: Cal Thomas flips on Trump
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »

Dalton: Cal Thomas flips on Trump

http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/letters/dalton-cal-thomas-flips-on-trump/article_3b0a9429-ede4-5c0b-9f53-66f683653297.html

August 24, 2016
PHIL DALTON

Cal Thomas is a conservative, Republican columnist whose work appears in The Roanoke Times. He has written often of his views regarding Donald Trump.

Cal Thomas, however, said in his July 27 column, "… some, like me, who were once skeptical of him, would like to see Trump shake up Washington, if only to watch the expressions on the smug faces of the left." Skeptical? After detailing so many of the reasons why Donald Trump is not qualified to be president, Thomas endorses him in hope that folks on the left will be shocked.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Dalton: Cal Thomas flips on Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »

Here is where Cal Thomas endorses Trump!

Thomas: Trump hit the right notes

http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/columns_and_blogs/thomas-trump-hit-the-right-notes/article_867705c0-06da-5a92-a033-8f5099643f73.html

July 27, 2016 2:00 am
Cal Thomas

Donald Trump’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention was too long — 75 minutes — and too loud. Modulation is the key to good public speaking. One’s voice should rise and fall like the tide, which allows really important points to be made whether the volume is low or high. His adult children are better speakers.

Having said that, Trump hit mostly high notes — the country is on the wrong track. The latest Real Clear Politics data shows 69.3 percent of those surveyed believe we’re on the wrong track. One has to go back to the ‘70s and Jimmy Carter to see similar numbers.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Dalton: Cal Thomas flips on Trump
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 06:52:38 pm »
. . . some like me, who were once skeptical of him, would like to see Trump shake up Washington, if only to watch the expressions on the smug faces of the left 

That is an astonishingly stupid reason to vote for an unqualified, unfit person for President.  But then there are a whole lot of stupid people who are eligible to vote,  whose stupidity is cheered by folks like Limbaugh, Hannity and Cal Thomas who really ought to know better.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide