Author Topic: Hillary Is Way More Awful than Trump...By Deroy Murdock  (Read 1906 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Is Way More Awful than Trump...By Deroy Murdock
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »
 Hillary Is Way More Awful than Trump
Never Trump equals Hillary, plain and simple
By Deroy Murdock — August 30, 2016

If Never Trump Republicans succeed on Election Day, Donald J. Trump will return to real estate, his political dreams shattered.

Hence, the bigger headline on Wednesday, November 9, would read: hillary clinton elected 45th president. Neither independent Evan McMullin, nor the Green party’s Jill Stein, nor Libertarian Gary Johnson will leapfrog Clinton and Trump to win the White House. So, ipso facto, Never Trump = President Hillary Clinton. Full stop.

A President Hillary Clinton would be Obama with a work ethic. Rather than slacking off on putting greens, she will dedicate her impressive work ethic to turbocharging Obama’s policies, America be damned. Thus, here is some of what to expect if Never Trump triumphs:

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/439494/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bolobaby

Re: Hillary Is Way More Awful than Trump...By Deroy Murdock
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
Oh, this tired line again.

"Never Trump = President Hillary Clinton. Full stop."

Yes. Please stop. Trump voters gave us this crap sandwich, if there are enough of them willing to eat it, maybe we'll avoid Hildabeast.

As for me, I'm not taking a bite. Haven't we been clear on that? Why do they persist with this tired line? Maybe they should have thought of how desperate they would find themselves BEFORE they nominated a New York Liberal for the GOP nominee...

Believe me, we did think of it.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »
Donald J. Trump will return to real estate, his political dreams shattered

It can be rationally argued that his political dreams will be realized....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »
It can be rationally argued that his political dreams will be realized....

Yep.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:51:54 pm »
I agree with the implications of a Hillary presidency, but I disagree with the premise.  I am not yet at the point that I know a vote for Donald Trump is the only way to stop Hillary.  If it is, I may well vote for him.  But I will not make that decision until election day, and I assess the likelihood that Trump can win my state.  In the meantime, browbeating me with the implications of my failure to come on board the Trump train now only reinforces my negative inclinations toward the man.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »
I have to laugh at the Trumpkins who think there are enough #NeverTrump to make a difference.  We couldn't stop him from winning the primary, yet they insist that we are now so numerous we could turn the election in his favor.   Ridiculous.

All Murdock wants is more people in his boat so he won't look so ridiculous after Trump gets trounced.  He knows Trump is an unfit candidate but doesn't have the balls to admit it.

Also, Deroy is wrong here:

In direct contrast, Trump proposes to loosen Washington’s grip on private enterprise.

Trump proposes to tell businesses that they may not outsource or, if they do, be punitively penalized.  All at his whim.

That is, if anything a tightening of Washington's grip on private enterprise.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:05:19 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 03:06:05 pm »

Trump proposes to tell businesses that they may not outsource or, if they do, be punitively penalized.  All at his whim.

That is, if anything a tightening of Washington's grip on private enterprise.

Yep.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »
I agree with the implications of a Hillary presidency, but I disagree with the premise.  I am not yet at the point that I know a vote for Donald Trump is the only way to stop Hillary.  If it is, I may well vote for him.  But I will not make that decision until election day, and I assess the likelihood that Trump can win my state.  In the meantime, browbeating me with the implications of my failure to come on board the Trump train now only reinforces my negative inclinations toward the man.

@massadvj

Lather, rinse, repeat.  You're getting stale sir.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »
@massadvj

Lather, rinse, repeat.  You're getting stale sir.
The beatings will continue until moral improves. LOL. He's not getting redacted um I mean re-educated fast enough for you?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:06:38 pm »
Mr. Murdock's problem is that he assumes without proof -- and indeed, despite ample proof to the contrary -- that Donald Trump is fit for the office of the presidency.

But he's not.

When one has two major candidates for president, neither of whom is fit for office, it makes no sense to argue in favor of the "least unfit" of the two.  You're still left with a person who is not fit for the office.

So, sorry, Deroy.

I refuse to vote for any candidate who is unfit -- especially when there are other candidates available.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »
Like it or not ONE of these "unfit" candidates is going to be POTUS.

Which of the two is more likely to get away with their shenanigans, with the aid of a willing media?

Which of the two is more likely to listen to the concerns of Conservatives?   (Hillary!?!?!?! Yeah, right)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 04:23:06 pm »

Which of the two is more likely to get away with their shenanigans, with the aid of a willing media?

Which of the two is more likely to listen to the concerns of Conservatives?   (Hillary!?!?!?! Yeah, right)

I'm becoming more and more convinced that, given Trump's ascendancy, there's at least 35% of Republicans/conservatives who are very low information voters and will jump aboard any bandwagon whose driver is angry enough and insulting enough to make them think he's got their interests at heart.

I don't think Trump gives a damn about conservatives' concerns.  If he did, he would have abandoned his ridiculous trade stance by now.

So #NeverTrump and #NeverHillary.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 04:29:31 pm »

"Follow me off the cliff!" said the lemming.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »

I argued years ago on this site, long before Trump came along, that many contemporary "conservatives" were math and logic challenged.

The failure to recognize the binary alternatives posed now, proves my point.

One conclusion is certain: So called "conservatism" does NOT speak with one unified voice in America today.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
I argued years ago on this site, long before Trump came along, that many contemporary "conservatives" were math and logic challenged.

One conclusion is certain: So called "conservatism" does NOT speak with one unified voice in America today.
We went through this four years ago.  I couldn't stand Romney, but still, he was much preferable to Obama, even though most likely he would have disappointed 90% of the time.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 04:54:14 pm »

I don't even think it's conservatism as it's more just that part of the electorate that doesn't like Democrats.  It cuts a very wide swath through the political spectrum,  but trying to get us all to agree is like herding cats, because conservatives and centrists tend to be by nature more independent-minded.  Democrats, seem to be able to rally-around whomever the candidate is, because they tend to be lemmings.   

I don't particularly care for Trump neither.  Frankly I'll vote for him, and then start to figure out how to get him out of there after his first term.  But at least having Trump there will block Hillary, and maybe we have a few years of Gridlock, which right now, might not be such a bad thing.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 05:06:02 pm »
We went through this four years ago.  I couldn't stand Romney, but still, he was much preferable to Obama, even though most likely he would have disappointed 90% of the time.

The difference being then that we had one candidate (Romney) who -- whatever your policy differences -- was clearly fit for the office, and the other (Obama) who is demonstrably not fit for it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 05:19:39 pm »
The difference being then that we had one candidate (Romney) who -- whatever your policy differences -- was clearly fit for the office, and the other (Obama) who is demonstrably not fit for it.

The clear distinction between 2012 and now.  At least then, ONE of the candidates was capable of being a President.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.