Author Topic: Hillary Clinton has her problems, but Donald Trump is unfit for the presidency.  (Read 3664 times)

HonestJohn

Consider the source.

Riiight.  Not the information.

Offline Axel

Acknowledging New York liberal Donald Trump's flaws is not obsessing.  Most Trump faithful refuse to admit they even exist. I plan to not let them forget they nominated a liberal POS who is no better than Clinton. 

As a Life Member of the NRA, the GOA and a gun owner for over 50 years, I, too, am tired of hearing the left attack the Second Amendment and law-abiding citizens, which is what pro-"assault weapon" ban Trump has done.

And I agree that this country is in catastrophic shape, made even more so by the guarantee that, be they named Trump or Clinton, the next president will be a New York liberal.

Yes, it is obsession over his flaws. Your two references to him being from New York further underscore that point.  Trump has the endorsement of the NRA and is by far the most gun friendly candidate in the election who has any chance of winning, even more than the libertarian candidate. The NRA knows this, and that is why they are endorsing him.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline musiclady

Yes, it is obsession over his flaws. Your two references to him being from New York further underscore that point.  Trump has the endorsement of the NRA and is by far the most gun friendly candidate in the election who has any chance of winning, even more than the libertarian candidate. The NRA knows this, and that is why they are endorsing him.

When you consider that a couple of his "flaws" are that he is amoral and corrupt, and that he is clueless about the Constitution, isn't that worth speaking out about repeatedly??

It's not "obsessing" if the character flaws will make him a horrific President.  It's love of country.  It's common sense.  It's concern for decency.  It's understanding that without morality, the whole grand experiment of America collapses.

It's worth your consideration, @Axel, before you accuse the rest of us of "obsessing."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Vulcan

Note the topic of this thread; perhaps that will give you a hint as to why I have "pointed out his flaws".   

Trump is unfit to be president as he is a liberal buffoon posing as a conservative.  Fooling the gullible doesn't change who or what he is, it only makes fools of those who believe him.

As for the NRA, it can endorse whomever it pleases.  Doing so doesn't change the fact that liberal Donald Trump has a history of opposing gun ownership and as recently as 2013 praised former NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg for "putting his money where his mouth is" in trying to take guns from law-abiding American citizens.

Donald Trump is every bit as liberal as his friend Hillary Clinton, and every bit as dishonest for pretending he's not.  You can defend him all you'd like, but you can't change his history any more than can an NRA endorsement.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:03:09 pm by Vulcan »

Offline mountaineer

The first problem is the title of this article.  The word "but" should be replaced by "and." Saying"but" tends to negate everything said before the word. To say that utterly dishonest,  incompetent,  corrupt witch, with the blood of our guys in Benghazi on her hands, only "has problems" is an understatement of which the AP should be ashamed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HootOwl

No more of a stain than the likes of Warren G. Harding. The good thing was that Coolidge succeeded him, and cleaned up most of the mess.

Now I'm not suggesting anything, but Trump is 70 YO, and Pence could step in seamlessly should ill health befall Mr. Trump.

I'm with most of you:  both are unfit to serve as President.

Yes,  I am voting for Pence...now I feel better. :beer:

Offline libertybele

The difference being that the media will watch Trump like a hawk. They will defend Hillary no matter what she does.

The media will watch Trump like a hawk?  So what? Don't kid yourself. The media doesn't sign bills, appoint justices and isn't Commander in Chief of our military. 

It seems that there are those who think Pence will also 'monitor' Trump...think again... the office of the VP has an extremely limited roll and has primarily two duties; to reside over the Senate and vote in the case of a tie and fill in if the president becomes ill or incapacitated.

Neither Hillary or Trump are fit to be president.  Write in or vote 3rd party - IMHO it's the only choice!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:22:15 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

But I still say, at least with Trump (doing my Lloyd Christmas imitation), "So you're telling me there's a chance."   Trump is all over the place politically, but at least maybe once in awhile he'll get something right.  With Hillary, we know that's not going to happen.

I will adamantly disagree. It is better to have the enemy outside the gate.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump's attack on Obama's citizenship was certainly idiotic IMO, but I don't see any evidence it was race-based.

Offline Vulcan

Trump's attack on Obama's citizenship was certainly idiotic IMO, but I don't see any evidence it was race-based.

Much of what Trump does is idiotic. 

The rest is shameless self-promotion of a carnival barker who lacks the self-awareness to realize he is a walking punchline.