Author Topic: Donald Trump suggests Colin Kaepernick should leave the U.S. as former KKK leader David Duke sends robocalls promoting the mogul  (Read 751 times)

HonestJohn

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ex-kkk-head-david-duke-sends-robocalls-promoting-donald-trump-article-1.2770293

BY
CAMERON JOSEPH
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Monday, August 29, 2016, 5:49 PM

Donald Trump wants an African-American NFL star to leave the U.S. if he won't say the Pledge of Allegiance. Two of his surrogates made racially controversial statements the same day. A former Ku Klux Klan head sought to tie his own campaign to the Republican nominee. It must be a Monday.

Trump took aim at San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick Monday, saying “maybe he should find a country that works better for him” if he doesn’t love the U.S. enough.

“I think it’s a terrible thing,” Trump said on Seattle’s KIRO radio Monday afternoon when asked about Kaepernick’s decision to skip the pledge to protest police brutality and inequality. “And you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him. Let him try, it won’t happen.”

Trump’s surrogates were in the same arena on Monday.

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani ripped Beyonce’s MTV Video Music Awards appearance as “a shame” after the singer appeared alongside dancers depicting black people slain by the police.

“I saved more black lives than any of those people you saw onstage by reducing crime, particularly homicide, by 75%,” Giuliani said Monday morning during an appearance on Fox News. “It’s a shame, it’s a shame.”

Just hours later, Trump’s top African-American surrogate stirred the pot once again, tweeting a cartoon of Hillary Clinton in blackface.

"Black Americans, THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTES and letting me use you again..See you again in 4 years," Pastor Mark Burns tweeted in Clinton's voice, alongside a political cartoon of Clinton wearing blackface and a "No hot sauce no peace!" T-shirt and is depicted saying "I ain't no ways tired of pandering to African-Americans."

Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke isn’t a Trump surrogate, but he still wants voters to back the Republican.

Duke, who's running for Senate in Louisiana, ties himself to Trump in a new robocall that attacks "Black Panther cop killers" and immigrants.

"Unless massive immigration is stopped now, we’ll be outnumbered and outvoted in our own nation. It’s happening,” Duke says in the call, a recording of which was obtained by Buzzfeed.

"We’re losing our gun rights, our free speech. We’re taxed to death. We’re losing our jobs and businesses to unfair trade. We’re losing our country," he continues. "Look at the Super Bowl salute to the Black Panther cop killers. It’s time to stand up and vote for Donald Trump for President and vote for me, David Duke for the U.S. Senate.”

Trump has disavowed Duke and the KKK, though he was strongly criticized for delaying in doing so after Duke first lauded his campaign a few months back.

“Mr. Trump has continued to denounce David Duke and any group or individual associated with a message of hate. There is no place for this in the Republican Party or our country. We have no knowledge of these calls or any related activities, but strongly condemn and disavow,” Trump spokesman Steven Cheung said in an email.

geronl

Mr. Trump has continued to denounce David Duke and any group or individual associated with a message of hate. There is no place for this in the Republican Party or our country. We have no knowledge of these calls or any related activities, but strongly condemn and disavow,” Trump spokesman Steven Cheung said in an email.

when? where?

Offline musiclady

when? where?

If you find it, post a link.

I'd like to see in print or hear in a video, Trump himself, disavowing Duke.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

Back to his comment about Kaep, Is Trump capable of putting together a statement sounding like an adult who's running for President?   Yes, any of us can say if Kaep don't like the country he should leave. I said something similar last night, but  I'm not running for President.  He wasted an opportunity to expose the Black Lives Matter movement for the destructive force it is and how it is tearing down not building up the black community. He is trying to get more of the black vote aint he?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Vulcan

Is Trump capable of putting together a statement sounding like an adult who's running for President?

No.  The only time he gets even close is when he is reading something that has been written for him by someone else.