Author Topic: Is Mafia cement to blame for high death toll after Italian earthquake? - Daily Mail  (Read 685 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is Mafia cement to blame for high death toll after Italian earthquake?
Anti-gangs official warns that crime families have infiltrated the building trade and are set to profit from the clean-up

Italian authorities fear the Mafia have infiltrated the building trade
    Concerns crime families will profit from the clean-up after deadly quake
    Prosecutor says death toll 'cannot only be considered the work of fate'

Italian authorities fear the Mafia have infiltrated the building trade and are set to profit from the clean-up after last week's devastating earthquake.

Prosecutors are already investigating whether negligence or fraud in adhering to building codes played a role in the high death toll after the disaster in central Italy.

Nearly 300 died when the quake flattened three medieval towns near the rugged Apennines while more than 400 were injured.

Now there are fears organised crime will try to infiltrate lucrative construction contracts to eventually rebuild the picturesque towns.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3763444/Is-Mafia-cement-blame-high-death-toll-Italian-earthquake-Anti-gangs-official-warns-crime-families-infiltrated-building-trade-set-profit-clean-up.html#ixzz4IjLZUCVS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Just_Victor

human body reinforced concrete...

It's better than rebar.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't know, that mafia cement used to be pretty darn good when it was used to make overshoes. :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

Prosecutors are already investigating whether negligence or fraud in adhering to building codes played a role in the high death toll after the disaster in central Italy.

That's quaint. The Italians think they have the ability to build quality things.....

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

I don't know, that mafia cement used to be pretty darn good when it was used to make overshoes. :whistle:

And Trump Tower.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk