Author Topic: A lot of conservative pundits have hitched their stars to Donald Trump. What if he loses?  (Read 27292 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

And DCP is not the only one embarrassing himself.

Trump is showing himself to be the unmitigated fool he is.

I don't believe he's an antisemite or a racist; but it's indicative of HOW POOR his judgment of people that he surrounds himself with bullies, as in Corey Lewandowski; or professional, proud, amoral LIARS and Dirty Tricksters like Roger Stone.  And now he's rolling in the muck with the Alt-Right crowd.  Does he have a CLUE what they're about?

Does he not CARE?  I guess to him it's all about **WINNING** and things like the character of his staff and campaign directors is, to him, immaterial.  Because to him, issues, and beliefs, and positions, are all immaterial.

What Trump doesn't know and doesn't seem to care to learn, is that to Republican voters they ARE...VERY material.  We see this going on and just wonder how much better he will be than a lying Clinton.  Or how much worse.

Come on, man!   

I'll see your Lewandowski and Stone and I'll raise you one Huma Abedin, Susan Mills, and the Clinton Crime Family.   

...freaking idiots!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

They picked the loser out of the bunch.

The loser who sold himself as New, Different, Greater...a winner.

Who in fact was a lifelong lib and a big donor and social colleague of Her Hillaryness.

That's all too pat to be accidental, IMHO.

Once more, sport.

He kicked the ass of FIFTEEN other so-called candidates.   FIFTEEN people who you #nevertrumps swore could have beaten Hillary Clinton.

Have you even seen the size of the crowds Trump is drawing....SINCE the Convention?

You guys need to get over WhateverTF is making you do this.   It's suicide.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Come on, man!   

I'll see your Lewandowski and Stone and I'll raise you one Huma Abedin, Susan Mills, and the Clinton Crime Family.   

Clinton's stench doesn't make Trump smell any sweeter.  It just reminds me of how Trump invited them to his wedding, spoke glowingly of both Bill and Hitlery, and supported them with cash.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Once more, sport.

He kicked the ass of FIFTEEN other so-called candidates.   FIFTEEN people who you #nevertrumps swore could have beaten Hillary Clinton.

That is a great point.  It is an even better point if you can honestly argue that McCain and Romney were the best GOP candidates out of groups that ran in 2008 and 2012.

Ultimately it comes down to Clinton or Trump will be the next President.  I have already determined that neither is worth the effort to vote for.  I am still unsure either is worth voting against.

On one hand Clinton is wrong on all most all the issues, on the other hand I trust Clinton to be wrong on all the issues and a GOP congress will have an easier time thwarting Clinton than they will standing in Trump's way.

I want Trump to convince me to vote for him, I really do...I think it is still possible, but I am unsure he wants actually wants to win.

Online cato potatoe

Once more, sport.

Have you even seen the size of the crowds Trump is drawing....SINCE the Convention?

There is no transitive law of politics.  You think if Hillary > Trump in the general and Trump > Kasich in the primary, it follows that Hillary >> Kasich.  It doesn't work that way.  The GOP chose a candidate that a plurality of the minority likes and a majority of the whole despises.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:47:08 am by cato potatoe »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is no transitive law of politics.  You think if Hillary > Trump in the general and Trump > Kasich in the primary, it follows that Hillary >> Kasich.  It doesn't work that way.  The GOP chose a candidate that a plurality of the minority likes and a majority of the whole despises.
It isn't as if they were not told it would not work. They went ahead anyway, sure that we would compromise our deeply held principles as they compromised their own. Projection. It won't work. I would not vote for either of them at gunpoint. Failure to comply with coercion is not suicide (else one would be able to say that Jesus Christ had committed suicide). If, in the extreme case, one dies as a result of refusing to comply with what they find to be morally repugnant, someone else will have committed murder.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

I cannot vote for the lesser of 2 liberals.
I was #NeverHillary back before Trump became #ClintonDonor.
I've been watching the Clinton's since 1992.
I won't vote for her or anyone who supported her, at anytime.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I cannot vote for the lesser of 2 liberals.
I was #NeverHillary back before Trump became #ClintonDonor.
I've been watching the Clinton's since 1992.
I won't vote for her or anyone who supported her, at anytime.

Online DCPatriot

That is a great point.  It is an even better point if you can honestly argue that McCain and Romney were the best GOP candidates out of groups that ran in 2008 and 2012.

Ultimately it comes down to Clinton or Trump will be the next President.  I have already determined that neither is worth the effort to vote for.  I am still unsure either is worth voting against.

On one hand Clinton is wrong on all most all the issues, on the other hand I trust Clinton to be wrong on all the issues and a GOP congress will have an easier time thwarting Clinton than they will standing in Trump's way.

Whether McCain or Romney was the best available at the time is not germane. 

At best, it's taking us away from the subject.  At worst, I'd just be chasing another squirrel for you. 

I want Trump to convince me to vote for him, I really do...I think it is still possible, but I am unsure he wants actually wants to win]

Of course he wants...and is going to WIN!!   Having Bill and Hillary Clinton attend your wedding reception doesn't translate that they are friends.

He's and ex-POTUS and she was a sitting Senator of his State.   They were nothing but trophies to wear at the party.   

Yeah...he donated to them.   If he wanted to succeed in NYC, he had to.   As a major developer.... 

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:44:01 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Having Bill and Hillary Clinton attend your wedding reception doesn't translate that they are friends.

He's and ex-POTUS and she was a sitting Senator of his State.   They were nothing but trophies to wear at the party.   

Yeah...he donated to them.   If he wanted to succeed in NYC, he had to.   As a major developer....
Uh... wha???

He had a whole country where he could succeed, for much cheaper, and chose the most expensive and corrupt spot in America as his starting point.

Did you invite any former heads of state to your wedding? Or any other complete strangers, for that matter?

Trump and Clinton are buddies. Don't deny it. If Clinton wins, he'll be just fine.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

I haven't had time to post on TBR for several weeks now, but I will *make* time to say this is extremely cogent and well-stated.
James 1:20

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yeah. As much as I dislike Lindsey Graham, Hillary is in no way 17 times greater than he is.

In this case, the turd on the democrat dinner plate doesn't make the one on ours more palatable.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I want Trump to convince me to vote for him, I really do...I think it is still possible, but I am unsure he wants actually wants to win.

As harsh as I've been towards Trump,  I too recognize the reality that a Clinton presidency won't make anything better, and will just double down on failed policies that hinder growth and promote tribal animus.   I'm also offended that Clinton assumes she's got my vote without having to make any effort at pivoting to the center. 

William McGurn's column in today's WSJ hit home with me - 

For years, the Dems have for years assailed Republicans as one giant hate group.  Each general election, the drill goes like this:  After Republicans nominate someone, he immediately finds himself having to prove he's not a hater - of African-Americans, of women, of gays, etc.

This year, Democrats added a twist.  Mr. Trump, they claim, represents a break with all those decent and lovable Republicans such as Mitt Romney, John McCain and George W. Bush.  Of course, that wasn't what they were saying back when those men were running for President. 

No,  Hillary Clinton respects me for being #NeverTrump as much as Trump respects his supporters when he brags he could shoot somebody in Times Square and his supporters wouldn't care.   Will Clinton agree to work with Republicans, to consider worthwhile policy changes to promote growth and jobs?   Will Clinton buck the teachers' unions to help poor kids escape from failure factories?  Will she continue to echo BLM's hateful and corrosive blamefest against cops and "white privilege"?   

Of course not.  She expects my vote because I despise Trump,  but she won't make any more effort to earn my vote than Trump will.

So go ahead, Trump, earn my vote.  Show me that you want to be President of the whole nation, not just your alt-right supporters.   Campaign in black neighbors, in Hispanic neighborhoods,  and keep pushing jobs, jobs, jobs.  Dial back the hate on the immigration issue and support comprehensive reform along the lines of the Gang of Eight.   Put out a real plan to replace ObamaCare.  Release your tax returns.  Apologize for the bigotry you've promoted and the folks you've insulted and show that you've learned and are willing to listen to wise counsel.   

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:32:55 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

Excellent post!

The complete misconception that because Trump beat out other Republicans (when many shared the same voter group) that he can beat Hillary and the others couldn't is a logical fallacy based on false hope.

Trump is, and always will be the choice of a plurality of the minority party.  The majority of the party ranges from not liking him to hating him, and the other party almost in its entirety can't stand him.

It took a very bad choice this year to guarantee a loss to the most corrupt woman in the country (barring possibly Nancy Pelosi), but that small group managed to accomplish it.

This election should have been as comfortable a victory as any we have had since Reagan's reelection, and look what we've got ahead of us.

A humiliating loss due to an embarrassing, unqualified candidate.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I haven't had time to post on TBR for several weeks now, but I will *make* time to say this is extremely cogent and well-stated.

I concur!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Of course he wants...and is going to WIN!!   Having Bill and Hillary Clinton attend your wedding reception doesn't translate that they are friends.

Either you are TOTALLY blind or your brain is in backwards!   **nononono*

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Whether McCain or Romney were the best available at the time is not germane. 

At best, it's taking us away from the subject.  At worst, I'd just be chasing another squirrel for you. 

So, how do you explain his donations to Kamala Harris?

Offline JustPassinThru

Once more, sport.

Nearly twice as many voters rejected him as chose him.

And in the end, Kasich was there strictly as a stalking-horse.  The way Perot was in the 1992 General to gum up the works and prevent Bush from winning.  Remember, Bubba got FORTY-TWO PERCENT of the popular vote in 1992.

That was obviously what was on Stone's and Lewindowski's minds.

Get over it?  He's not acceptable.  He's repugnant.  He's scarcely different than his opponent.

We're not going to "get over it" to make YOUR choice, for YOUR emotional needs.

Offline JustPassinThru

Once more, sport.

He didn't kick anyone's ass.

Twice as many voted against him as for him.

YOU need to get over YOUR mistake.  You thought you could float this turd through the primaries and then we'd all vote reflexively, knee-jerk, for YOUR guy.

NO.  Doesn't work that way.  YOUR guy doesn't seem any better than THEIR guy.  BOTH of them are unacceptable.

You cannot hector us into making YOUR choice for needs we don't have.  Because we have no emotional or other obligation to nameless, faceless, voters - and the ones who forced this lousy choice onto us.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
3 points up in that LA Times poll.

Online DCPatriot

Uh... wha???

He had a whole country where he could succeed, for much cheaper, and chose the most expensive and corrupt spot in America as his starting point.

Did you invite any former heads of state to your wedding? Or any other complete strangers, for that matter?

Trump and Clinton are buddies. Don't deny it. If Clinton wins, he'll be just fine.

You're obviously not aware of the lyrics of this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ZUXQuFcnw

Online DCPatriot

Remind me again, please?   How many States did Kasich win?     :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

He didn't kick anyone's ass.

....and that's as far as I got....with your post.    :whistle:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Remind me again, please?   How many States did Kasich win?     :whistle:

Your argument is simply that because Trump won the nomination, we are to behave like good cultists and vote for him without regard whether he's earned our vote.   The GOP was the victim of a hostile takeover and we're supposed to bend over and grab our ankles.

Doesn't work that way.  Trump's got to earn our votes,  and he's done little to do so.   

Sorry,  just because so many Trumpsters have the uncritical mindsets of cultists doesn't compel the rest of us to drink Trump's poison. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online DCPatriot

Your argument is simply that because Trump won the nomination, we are to behave like good cultists and vote for him without regard whether he's earned our vote.   The GOP was the victim of a hostile takeover and we're supposed to bend over and grab our ankles.

Doesn't work that way.  Trump's got to earn our votes,  and he's done little to do so.   

Sorry,  just because so many Trumpsters have the uncritical mindsets of cultists doesn't compel the rest of us to drink Trump's poison.

:whistle: