Author Topic: Hillary practically promised a pay-to-play State Department  (Read 470 times)

Offline unknown

Hillary practically promised a pay-to-play State Department
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:15:22 am »

Hillary practically promised a pay-to-play State Department

http://nypost.com/2016/08/28/hillary-practically-promised-a-pay-to-play-state-department/

Betsy McCaughey
August 28, 2016

Unless you’re a high-ranking government official, it’s hard to get a meeting with any secretary of state. But during Hillary Clinton’s tenure, there was another way: pay up.

A staggering 85 of the 154 private citizens who managed to meet or speak with her by phone donated money to the Clinton Foundation. That looks improper — as if the secretary used her position to raise money for her family foundation.

Of course, appearances alone don’t prove anything. The proof of her illicit intent is in what she told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee during her January 2009 confirmation hearing. She rejected any attempts by the senators to prevent her from turning the State Department into a cash machine for the foundation.

The senators suggested that money pouring into the foundation while Clinton was secretary of state would look like US policy was up for sale. Too bad, she shrugged. She said she had worked out an agreement with President-elect Obama’s transition team, and she refused to change it.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)