Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment  (Read 2252 times)

Offline unknown

Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:11:17 am »

Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment

A landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263910/donald-trumps-lincolnesque-moment-david-horowitz

August 19, 2016 
David Horowitz

Today in Dimondale Michigan Donald Trump gave what was not only the best speech of his campaign but a speech that will one day be seen as a landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party – a party finally returning to its roots as the party of Lincoln. If this sounds like hyperbole ask yourself what other Republican leader in recent memory has addressed America’s African American communities in this voice:

The African-American community has given so much to this country.  They’ve fought and died in every war since the Revolution.  They’ve lifted up the conscience of our nation in the long march for Civil Rights.  They’ve sacrificed so much for the national good.  Yet, nearly 4 in 10 African-American children still live in poverty, and 58% of young African-Americans are not working. We must do better as a country.  I refuse to believe that the future must be like the past.

Trump’s Dimondale speech was a pledge to African Americans trapped in the blighted zones and killing fields of inner cities exclusively ruled by Democrats for half a century and more, and exploited by their political leaders for votes, and also used as fodder for slanders directed at their Republican opponents. This was his appeal:

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 05:20:18 am »
Just like Obama, now he's Lincolnesque. 

Here you go... just for you, A-Lert!

Kinda difficult for you to stay on topic, isn't it?    :whistle:

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 05:40:22 am »
Lincoln's words are stuff to be chiseled in granite, because he chose his words wisely.   Trumps words regarding blacks were completely ignored by the press and will be  easily forgotten because of him.  Calling his opponent a "bigot", and then doubled down on it completely erased what he may have said previous to it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:52:37 am »
Forgive me Jesus, but I wish both Trump and Hitlery would get a Lincolnesque moment.

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 06:12:58 am »
Forgive me Jesus, but I wish both Trump and Hitlery would get a Lincolnesque moment.

Now that's funny.

If they both happened at near the same time, that could work out...

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 06:37:49 am »
Trump is a populist. My definition of a populist is "someone who finds out what people want to hear and then says it." The operative word being "says."
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 08:20:39 am »
Now that's funny.
I recognized you had a sense of humor a couple weeks ago unknown.  So I'm going to offer some free advice worth every cent you paid for it.

Last year I couldn't stand @Bigun .  I thought he was ignorant, obstinate, and pig headed.  I still think he is obstinate, but I searched his posts and found something I could agree with, and told him I agreed...and it didn't take much time to find something to agree with.  Then I found another thing and another thing...and before too long I could not believe how smart he had suddenly become.

I'd recommend you try the same thing.

Informed people of intelligence can differ on the issue of the day.  I hope I never condemn you for making your case for Trump.  I want you to make that case.  I want my views to be challenged.

It is the way you sometime make your case that I find distasteful.

I don't doubt you hold your views sincerely and honestly.  You should try to respect that nevertrumpers do too.  Respect is a two way street.  I have a great deal of respect for the people on your side...Right in Virgina, Repub4Trump, Fishrrman, 240B, flowers and several others do an excellent job of supporting Trump without their posts getting personal...or at least they are really good at not letting their anger show.

That is not to say they don't cross the line from time to time.  We all do.  Because we are human and we care about our country.

You reaching out to me, someone one on the other side who you must find extremely aggravating, shows a maturity I didn't see before.  I respect that very much.  Try to do that with more of your ideological sparing partners and you will be surprised at how they respond.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:23:20 am by Once-Ler »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 10:46:04 am »

Trump’s Dimondale speech was a pledge to African Americans trapped in the blighted zones and killing fields of inner cities exclusively ruled by Democrats for half a century and more, and exploited by their political leaders for votes, and also used as fodder for slanders directed at their Republican opponents. This was his appeal:

Trump's speech, and the ones after it, have all been presented to virtually all white audiences.  As soon as Trump starts seeking out and speaking to African Americans then I'll believe he's serious.

Offline unknown

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 03:41:38 pm »
I recognized you had a sense of humor a couple weeks ago unknown.  So I'm going to offer some free advice worth every cent you paid for it.

Last year I couldn't stand @Bigun .  I thought he was ignorant, obstinate, and pig headed.  I still think he is obstinate, but I searched his posts and found something I could agree with, and told him I agreed...and it didn't take much time to find something to agree with.  Then I found another thing and another thing...and before too long I could not believe how smart he had suddenly become.

I'd recommend you try the same thing.

Informed people of intelligence can differ on the issue of the day.  I hope I never condemn you for making your case for Trump.  I want you to make that case.  I want my views to be challenged.

It is the way you sometime make your case that I find distasteful.

I don't doubt you hold your views sincerely and honestly.  You should try to respect that nevertrumpers do too.  Respect is a two way street.  I have a great deal of respect for the people on your side...Right in Virgina, Repub4Trump, Fishrrman, 240B, flowers and several others do an excellent job of supporting Trump without their posts getting personal...or at least they are really good at not letting their anger show.

That is not to say they don't cross the line from time to time.  We all do.  Because we are human and we care about our country.

You reaching out to me, someone one on the other side who you must find extremely aggravating, shows a maturity I didn't see before.  I respect that very much.  Try to do that with more of your ideological sparing partners and you will be surprised at how they respond.

I appreciate your statements.

When I first started here I was attacked very quickly and called names immediately, liar, dishonest, blah blah blah blah,..  And, so what, no problem. I worked to give open discussion only to find that in doing so, it gave other handles to which they would try to grab a hold of. So what, np. I also noticed that almost all of the humour was pointed at Trump. So what, np. I laughed and responded back, because it is funny. As a test, I posted some humour going the other direction, ah ha, Tora Tora Tora. So what, np. And as the attacks were there, I generally ignored them, or would try to point back to the topic. Look at this thread. Look at the first two posts after the initial post. This is very typical.

With respect to your post about "both Trump and Hitlery.." If I was only here to Tora Tora Tora, I could have used that to Toro Toro Toro, but why? Sometimes it is better to just let it go. So what no problem.

So, let me give you some advice. Cool it. Relax, sit back. Stop calling people names. Keep on topic. It will make it more pleasant for everyone here.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 01:59:50 am »
I appreciate your statements.

When I first started here I was attacked very quickly and called names immediately, liar, dishonest, blah blah blah blah,..  And, so what, no problem. I worked to give open discussion only to find that in doing so, it gave other handles to which they would try to grab a hold of. So what, np. I also noticed that almost all of the humour was pointed at Trump. So what, np. I laughed and responded back, because it is funny. As a test, I posted some humour going the other direction, ah ha, Tora Tora Tora. So what, np. And as the attacks were there, I generally ignored them, or would try to point back to the topic. Look at this thread. Look at the first two posts after the initial post. This is very typical
With respect to your post about "both Trump and Hitlery.." If I was only here to Tora Tora Tora, I could have used that to Toro Toro Toro, but why? Sometimes it is better to just let it go. So what no problem.

So, let me give you some advice. Cool it. Relax, sit back. Stop calling people names. Keep on topic. It will make it more pleasant for everyone here.

"unknown" is a revenge sockpuppet account from someone who, in a rare feat for this board, managed to be so obnoxious under his previous user name to get banned (maybe twice).  He is on his way to duplicating that feat again.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 02:18:35 am »
"unknown" is a revenge sockpuppet account from someone who, in a rare feat for this board, managed to be so obnoxious under his previous user name to get banned (maybe twice).  He is on his way to duplicating that feat again.

no he isn't.
i dont know which  poster this was if he is a retread, but his post was, good and food for thought.

you seem to think all trump supporters are shills or trolls, but you dont realize we have known these people for years, and they nor I are any such thing :nono:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 02:30:21 am »
I understand people who reluctantly support Trump or Hillary.

I do not understand people who enthusiastically support Trump or Clinton.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:42:02 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 02:37:59 am »
Can I return the advice back to you?

I tried to shake your hand.  You are not required to meet me half way.

Offline unknown

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 02:42:34 am »
Can I return the advice back to you?

I tried to shake your hand.  You are not required to meet me half way.

How about this then?

:beer:

You can refuse or accept.. No worries, no problem.

Cheers!

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 03:35:44 am »
How about this then?

:beer:

You can refuse or accept.. No worries, no problem.

Cheers!

I'll drink to that. :beer: