Author Topic: Shocking Numbers Reveal GOP’s Big Secret: Trump Is Bankrupting The Republican Party  (Read 4409 times)

Offline beandog

Maybe we can read something from the Daily Kos next time.
So exactly what sources are acceptable to you tRumpkins?  Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulter are not sources of anything except their own stupidity, so don't list them.

HonestJohn

So exactly what sources are acceptable to you tRumpkins?  Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulter are not sources of anything except their own stupidity, so don't list them.

Have you noticed that nearly every single Trump supporter article from either "alt-right" publications, nut-job conspiracy theory sites, Kremlin funded propaganda sites, or personal blogs?

(The term "alt-right" is the Politically Correct way of referring to the skinheads, klansmen, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists found on the right.)

That ought to show the viewer just *EXACTLY* what is found to be 'acceptable'.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:50:02 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
After a few years of becoming familiar with Open Secrets my eyes were really opened about who the congressional staffers really are.

Most people have a vision of congressional staffers as young idealistic kids fresh out of college but that couldn't be further from the truth. The bulk of congressional staffers are little more than in house lobbyists with deep ties to various industries, corporations, or special interest groups.

I can't remember her name but one that stuck out at me was a woman who became McCain's chief of staff after leaving a job at Boeing as some kind of executive secretary. After leaving McCain's office she went back to Boeing as vice CEO. Last I knew she was back in DC and GOP chief of staff for GOP staffers working for the armed services committee.

We're paying for literally thousands of these people in DC.

In a rare moment of honesty John Conyers let it slip a few years ago when he told reporters "We can't possibly read all of the bills. Its all legalese and we have staff who write and read the bills." I personally think the background staffers are a greater threat than the congressmen themselves.

I'm not trying to promote the idea that all staffers are bad. For instance, Allen West had a staff made up almost exclusively of Veteran's advocacy types. Some congressmen avoid the DC staffers altogether and bring in their own people from outside the "staffing industry".
The staffers tend to keep jobs on the Hill, even when the seat is filled by someone else. They 'know the turf, and who to call'. I think that inertia is the thing that has driven the convergence in parties and policy more than the people who are members of Congress.

Like bureaucratic jobs, the people doing the nuts and bolts work of making it go don't change and there are over a million in Government jobs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Now it's morally and financially bankrupt.
Well, he said his campaign would be self-funding....

So maybe he is funding himself, if you get my drift.
How much did the rent on his office space go up?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:17:59 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Well, he said his campaign would be self-funding....

So maybe he is funding himself, if you get my drift.
How much did the rent on his office space go up?

Yes Trump proclaimed loudly and early that he couldn't be bought, and donors need not support him and by extension the GOP.  Why would anybody give money to a multi-billionaire?

Then he picked a fight with and bad mouthed every Republican he could.
Why would people donate to those "losers?"

Then he picked the most divisive issue possible (immigration) as the center of his campaign and waffled on every core Republican principle until his loudest supporters were the alt-right.

Then he picked the most anti establishment campaign manager he could find (Bannon) and gave him access to the GOPs donor rolls and fundraising tactics.

Checkmate!

Offline Smokin Joe

Yes Trump proclaimed loudly and early that he couldn't be bought, and donors need not support him and by extension the GOP.  Why would anybody give money to a multi-billionaire?

Then he picked a fight with and bad mouthed every Republican he could.
Why would people donate to those "losers?"

Then he picked the most divisive issue possible (immigration) as the center of his campaign and waffled on every core Republican principle until his loudest supporters were the alt-right.

Then he picked the most anti establishment campaign manager he could find (Bannon) and gave him access to the GOPs donor rolls and fundraising tactics.

Checkmate!

And then the rent went up for his own office space for the Campaign...http://www.brooklynnewyork.com/new-york-trump-raises-campaign-office-rent-at-trump-tower/

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I'm not trying to promote the idea that all staffers are bad. For instance, Allen West had a staff made up almost exclusively of Veteran's advocacy types. Some congressmen avoid the DC staffers altogether and bring in their own people from outside the "staffing industry".

And when Allen West got his ass kicked for re-election, what lesson did the other congresscritters learn from his example?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The staffers tend to keep jobs on the Hill, even when the seat is filled by someone else. They 'know the turf, and who to call'. I think that inertia is the thing that has driven the convergence in parties and policy more than the people who are members of Congress.

Like bureaucratic jobs, the people doing the nuts and bolts work of making it go don't change and there are over a million in Government jobs.

You mean like this:   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3762796/You-deliver-Brexit-Civil-servants-warned-former-chief-sparks-fury-saying-leaving-EU-not-inevitable.html?