Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick explains protest of national anthem  (Read 14515 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains protest of national anthem
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 12:14:57 am »
If you really wanted to do the 49ers a solid, Colin, you'd stay seated for the games, too.

He does.  He was not the starter in the last two months of last season, and Blaine Gabbert stands to win the starting job this year. So Kaepernick is paid $14 mil/year to carry a clipboard.

That said, this would no longer be a big deal if people would just ignore him. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:22 am »
Kaepernick, the same guy who was accused of using a certain word,

Yeah, that word.   http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-fines-niners-qb-colin-kaepernick-slur-report-article-1.1947995

His features, obviously, he has black and white features, for me, it is not difficult to note his "anglo-like" features.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 02:00:37 am »
NY Giants players and staff line up at the National Anthem tonight:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 02:02:07 am »
NY Giants players and staff line up at the National Anthem tonight:

Giants have always been a class organization.  They gave more respect to Tom Landry than Jerry Jones ever did.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 02:12:43 am »
It just occurred to me why he is so steamed. He WANTS to have the hood rat image,but how is a brutha sposed to impress de white bitches and ho's wid a name like Colin Kaepernick?

I'm surprised he hasn't sued his adoptive parents for abuse. He probably can't even bag a Kardashian with a name like that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 02:49:38 am »
It's also in the pipeline, CK converted to Islam. Saw a brief mention of it and pardon me if someone may have said this already.

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=34890
"Well, Well, Well, Look Who Converted To Islam!"

Offline TomSea

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 02:52:02 am »
His last 2 years or so have been poor.

He had one year or two where it looked like he was going to be close to a great but lost his vibe.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 02:52:41 am »
Maybe all of these Kaepernick threads should be grouped in one, CK scandal or something.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 02:54:47 am »
Maybe all of these Kaepernick threads should be grouped in one, CK scandal or something.

Nope. They should all die. The guy is a nobody.  Why all the fuss?

rangerrebew

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2016, 10:05:29 am »
In light of the female Olympic fencer who was allowed to wear a hijab during competition, I'm wondering how long before various sports leagues allow male Muslim players to wear Islamic garb under their uniforms.  "We, the Muslim players of the league, demand the right to wear Islamic garb during competition. And we also demand the right to take time to pray to Allah during games. Dear league authorities, please cave in to our demands."  Whaddya bet some league people would cave?

Would machetes be acceptable accessories?  :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2016, 01:03:40 pm »
I've read that rumor. Anyone else recall when Kaepernick burst on the NFL scene, it was explained that his many tattoos were Christian phrases, Bible verses, etc., and that he was such a good kid?
Yeah, that was after they contrasted his party-boy behavior with that of genuine Christian Russell Wilson's, and Kaepernick had to come back and defend his image.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 01:11:05 pm »
It will be interesting to see how the opposing team fan's will react to this.  Not too kindly I'd imagine.  SF fans...not so much....as they are used to insane people.

That's what is surprising, it looked like the fans burning his jersey were actually "Niners fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/28/colin-kaepernick-protest-has-49ers-fans-burning-their-jerseys/

We are talking about San Francisco, but we are also talking about "football" fans.

Seems sports radio is also saying that CK is going to be put or could be put "on ice" this year like RGIII was for Washington last year.  (RGIII with the Browns now)

Meaning, these teams have spent big money on these guys, millions but the Redskins benched RGIII last year because he was costing so much and they didn't want to risk injuries and now, Washington unloaded RGIII.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 04:00:34 pm »
That's what is surprising, it looked like the fans burning his jersey were actually "Niners fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/28/colin-kaepernick-protest-has-49ers-fans-burning-their-jerseys/

We are talking about San Francisco, but we are also talking about "football" fans.

Seems sports radio is also saying that CK is going to be put or could be put "on ice" this year like RGIII was for Washington last year.  (RGIII with the Browns now)

Meaning, these teams have spent big money on these guys, millions but the Redskins benched RGIII last year because he was costing so much and they didn't want to risk injuries and now, Washington unloaded RGIII.

I wish the Cowboys could get rid of Romo.....and Jerry Jones while they are at it. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »
I wish the Cowboys could get rid of Romo.....and Jerry Jones while they are at it.
With Romo, you may get your wish, I don't see him playing past this season, if he even manages to get on the field.

Hopefully Dak Prescott will make it tough to put Romo back in even if he's healthy.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 04:08:39 pm »
With Romo, you may get your wish, I don't see him playing past this season, if he even manages to get on the field.

Hopefully Dak Prescott will make it tough to put Romo back in even if he's healthy.

I don't see Romo getting back on the field as there is too much risk of doing permanent damage to him.  I saw an interview with Jones' son last night.  He was sweating like a pig as they were talking about Romo and his future.  Obviously they know that their franchise is going to have issues this year.  Kind of hard to fill the seats when your headliner is on the bench.  I'd bet the Cowboys will be lucky to win half of their games this year. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:09:17 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 04:26:13 pm »
I don't see Romo getting back on the field as there is too much risk of doing permanent damage to him.  I saw an interview with Jones' son last night.  He was sweating like a pig as they were talking about Romo and his future.  Obviously they know that their franchise is going to have issues this year.  Kind of hard to fill the seats when your headliner is on the bench.  I'd bet the Cowboys will be lucky to win half of their games this year.
You'd be surprised.  A lot of Cowboy fans are really excited about Prescott.  We may have found our "Tom Brady".   And certainly with the offensive line and the weapons the Cowboys have, it's not a bad situation for a rookie QB,  they'll rely heavily on the run with Ezekiel and Alfred Morris.  And Dez will make it easy for Dak to throw to.   It would be better if the Cowboys' D was better, so there wasn't as much pressure to score.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 05:20:49 pm »
Jones's love affair with Romo is just—I don't get it. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and they wouldn't cut him or sign/draft anyone better because "we signed him to the huge contract."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
I think Colin is taking the "Michael Sam" route.   He knows his NFL days are numbered, so he wants to become a 'martyr'. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2016, 08:33:21 pm »
I think Colin is taking the "Michael Sam" route.   He knows his NFL days are numbered, so he wants to become a 'martyr'.
If it's true he's converted to Islam, perhaps he'll need one of these to guarantee his martyrdom:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2016, 08:40:05 pm »
Jones's love affair with Romo is just—I don't get it. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and they wouldn't cut him or sign/draft anyone better because "we signed him to the huge contract."

Yeah, but when Dak Prescott throws for 4 TDs in a game, Jerry will be going, "Tony who?"

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2016, 10:58:30 pm »
Here's the 'future' I see, as a result of Kaepernick's little stunt.

The end game here is to get THIS Pledge of Allegiance out of our schools.

It will go the way of the Confederate Flag....as a result of that wacko killing those black people in that church.

For...if a NFL....hell, if a professional athlete is ruled to be able to do this without any penalty from the organization in which he is EMPLOYED...then what stop any kid in his classroom from refusing to stand.

If there's any indication that the feelings expressed toward Kaepernick...it's that he's going to be headhunted on the field.  Same thinking in the classroom.  The students who refuse to stand will be dealt with outside the school zone some afternoon.

Law suits and headlines will follow....somebody's going to get seriously hurt for what the PTB thinks is a Freedom of Expression, and they're going to remove The Pledge so nobody will be offended.

Then, they're going to write a new one...leaving out "God" and certainly "....with justice and freedom for all!"   
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:59:17 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2016, 11:39:11 pm »
Now, they are talking about other NFLers doing this and as we know, other sports have had some of this BLM stuff going on. 

Any other sports? :whistle: Like as a practical point, "Anglos" etc. do well in?

Yes, and there is ice hockey too.

I'm kidding around but they open up these huge stadiums paid with, in most cases, taxpayer dollars.

I like American Football but there have been creeping negatives in it for some time now besides things like the concussion issue.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2016, 11:39:58 pm »
Here's the 'future' I see, as a result of Kaepernick's little stunt.

The end game here is to get THIS Pledge of Allegiance out of our schools.

It will go the way of the Confederate Flag....as a result of that wacko killing those black people in that church.

For...if a NFL....hell, if a professional athlete is ruled to be able to do this without any penalty from the organization in which he is EMPLOYED...then what stop any kid in his classroom from refusing to stand.

If there's any indication that the feelings expressed toward Kaepernick...it's that he's going to be headhunted on the field.  Same thinking in the classroom.  The students who refuse to stand will be dealt with outside the school zone some afternoon.

Law suits and headlines will follow....somebody's going to get seriously hurt for what the PTB thinks is a Freedom of Expression, and they're going to remove The Pledge so nobody will be offended.

Then, they're going to write a new one...leaving out "God" and certainly "....with justice and freedom for all!"

I think he will be headhunted, I think Vick was. These guys put a big bulls eye on their back.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2016, 12:34:32 am »
Let's be honest about the NFL:

A bunch of roided up thugs and criminals playing a game which has been drastically watered down in the last 10-15 years to make it "less violent".

It's a joke.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:35:08 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2016, 01:35:04 am »
Up yours, Kaepernick.  You, who were adopted into a white family and attended private schools, and are paid PowerBall-like money to throw interceptions and kiss your bicep, are the LAST who should be whining about "oppression."

The once-great 49ers are now a shambles in part because you suck as a QB.

Get out of the NFL and donate some of that exorbitant salary to some real causes, you hypocritical POS.