Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick explains protest of national anthem  (Read 14517 times)

geronl

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains protest of national anthem
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2016, 05:30:46 pm »
Colin K. may be heading to play in Canada at this rate. I mean, he's basically not going to be popular anywhere as of now.

He was already on his way out most likely.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »
CK: You have Hillary who has called black teens or black kids super predators, you have Donald Trump who’s openly racist. We have a presidential candidate who has deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn’t make sense to me because if that was any other person you’d be in prison. So, what is this country really standing for?

Oh, that's interesting.  So the guy isn't as much of an idiot as the press made him out to be.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2016, 09:10:46 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2016, 09:13:26 pm »
Oh, that's interesting.  So the guy isn't as much of an idiot as the press made him out to be.

He's an Obama lover.  Obama despises Hillary, too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2016, 12:40:49 am »
Larry Elder is really on top of this:

Kaine on Kaepernick : "you got to respect people's ability to act according to their conscience." David Duke, too?

The following is in response to those "socks" with pigs on it that CK wore; well, I guess those were offensive.
Hey, @Kaepernick7, ICYMI: "4 (Black) "Pigs" Killed in 7 Days

https://twitter.com/larryelder

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:40:23 pm by TomSea »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2016, 11:36:24 am »
Mike "Dirty Jobs" Rowe's dog Freddy weighs in on the issue. He refers to Mike as his biped, FYI.:
Dear Freddy,

Your Biped has been surprisingly quiet about the controversy swirling around that quarterbacks refusal to stand during the national anthem. Perhaps you might share your opinion? Do you think he should stand regardless of his beliefs? Do you think he deserves to be booed and shamed for exercising his rights?

Carol Jones

Hi Carol,

From what I’ve heard, no one is disputing What’s-His-Names “right” to stand or sit during two minutes of ritualistic screaming prior to several hours of highly-structured workplace violence. Clearly, What’s-His-Name has the freedom to assume whatever posture he prefers during this bizarre tradition. Far as I’m concerned, he could lie down and lick himself, (an activity I recommend, by the way, assuming you possess the necessary flexibility.)

But here’s the thing - if What’s-His-Name exercises his right to lick himself while everyone else is standing, surely the people who pay him to throw the skin of a dead pig to other bipeds in matching tights can be expected to exercise their rights as well? Likewise, the thousands of other bipeds who pay many millions of dollars to watch What’s-His-Name throw the skin of a dead pig - they too have the right to tell the world how they feel about his decision to lick himself while everyone else is saluting that same colorful rectangle that hangs in Biped’s yard - right?

I look at it like this: I have the freedom to crap wherever I want. My Biped prefers if I do so under the cyprus tree, so by and large, that’s where I go. But from time to time - usually when I’m feeling neglected or pissed off about something - I’ll crap on his doormat.

Do I know this is wrong?
Yes.
Do I do it anyway?
Yes.
Do I complain when the Biped scolds and banishes me sends to the garage?
Of course not.

When I was a pup, I’d constantly bitch about the unfairness of life’s many consequences. I hated being shushed when I barked at the moon. I hated being scratched by the cat when I finally got the damn thing cornered. And I hated being sent to the garage when I crapped on the doormat. But I’ve since learned the freedom to bark at night, chase the cat, and crap wherever it suits me comes with repercussions. That’s just the way freedom works.

Honestly, I’m really not sure what the problem is here, because everyone seems to be exercising their rights just fine. I’m sure What’s-His-Name has his reasons for not standing, but those reasons don’t seem remotely relevant to his actual job of moving the skin of a dead pig into enemy territory. Consequently, those who watch and pay What’s-His-Name to handle the skin of the dead pig have every right to boo themselves hoarse or stop watching him altogether - (which is precisely what I’ve done with that frickin’ cat.)
Point is, as long as everybody is free to stand or not stand, and watch or not watch, I say let the chips fall where they may - even if it turns out to be America’s doormat. In which case, What’s-His-Name might be headed for the garage.

Anyway, I gotta bounce. It’s a beautiful afternoon in San Francisco, and I’ve got some licking to do.

Freddy
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2016, 12:16:35 pm »

:amen:

My dad is a veteran. This football player makes me want to vomit. Bless you for posting what a true patriot is.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Wingnut

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2016, 01:11:19 pm »
Mike "Dirty Jobs" Rowe's dog Freddy weighs in on the issue. He refers to Mike as his biped, FYI.:

"Freddy"  pretty much barked it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2016, 01:42:24 pm »

That's pretty good!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2016, 06:06:00 pm »
I found the explanation right here in this video about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KDAicF0Yo

Online mountaineer

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2016, 11:18:29 am »
Good grief.
Soccer player Megan Rapinoe kneels as 'nod to Kaepernick'
Sep 5, 2016
ESPN.com news services

NFL players are no longer the only professional athletes to silently protest during the national anthem.

On Sunday night, women's soccer player Megan Rapinoe followed the example of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick by taking a knee during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner" before her Seattle Reign played the Chicago Red Stars in an NWSL game.

After the game, a 2-2 draw, Rapinoe told John D. Halloran of American Soccer Now that her action was "a nod to Kaepernick."

"I am disgusted with the way he has been treated and the fans and hatred he has received in all of this," Rapinoe told espnW's Julie Foudy. "It is overtly racist. 'Stay in your place, black man.' Just didn't feel right to me. We need a more substantive conversation around race relations and the way people of color are treated."

Rapinoe added: "We are not saying we are not one the greatest countries in world. Just need to accept that [it is] not perfect, things are broken.

"And quite honestly, being gay, I have stood with my hand over my heart during the national anthem and felt like I haven't had my liberties protected, so I can absolutely sympathize with that feeling."

Rapinoe said she would continue to kneel in every match going forward.

"The very least that I can do is continue the conversation with him by kneeling for the anthem," she said.

Rapinoe, a World Cup and gold-medal winner with the U.S. women's national team, becomes the first nonblack professional athlete to join in protesting during the national anthem since Kaepernick gained notoriety for sitting out the anthem in 49ers preseason games.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2016, 01:20:56 pm »
Good grief.

Well, to quote Forest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does".

Online mountaineer

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2016, 03:17:50 pm »
These idiots don't have a clue what it's like to have no freedom or not to have their "liberties protected." An extended visit to North Korea or Iran might do them good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2016, 04:07:49 pm »
Good grief.

I didn't realize that homosexuals didn't have the right to vote, to free speech, or any of the other freedoms enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

Do they ask you if you're gay before you vote, and turn you down if you say yes??   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.