Author Topic: Army Future Program Merges .50-Cal Machine Gun & Mk 19 Grenade Launcher into 1 Weapon  (Read 565 times)

rangerrebew

Army Future Program Merges .50-Cal Machine Gun & Mk 19 Grenade Launcher into 1 Weapon
[Kris Osborn]
Kris Osborn
08/15/2016

The Army is in the early stages of beginning to create requirements for a new externally-mounted weapon to replace both the M2 .50-cal machine gun and the Mk19 grenade launcher.

Future .50-cal Innovations

The Army is in the early stages of beginning to create requirements for a new externally-mounted weapon to replace both the M2 .50-cal machine gun and the Mk19 grenade launcher.

The idea is to simulteneously lighten the load of mobile attack forces while increasing their lethaltiy and envelope of attack with a single system that achieves the offensive firepower, and desired combat effects, of both weapons.

http://www.scout.com/military/warrior/story/1696176-army-merges-50-cal-mk-19-grenade-launcher
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:17:30 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I blame Doom.  You know, the game. Ever since a generation of kids were introduced to the joys of the BFG, the army has wanted one.

Having said that - what's the betting pool for the first person to attempt to fire one hand held, while standing? I'm going to say about 15 minutes into the proving trials.  :tongue2:

I'm going to have to ask you, sir, not to run down our military or I'll have pull your posting license. :silly:  Hey, was that good for trying out the moderator authority? 888high58888
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:44:14 pm by rangerrebew »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink