Author Topic: Massive Game Changer: Donald Trump Got The Biggest Endorsement Yet!  (Read 18234 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Massive Game Changer: Donald Trump Got The Biggest Endorsement Yet!
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2016, 04:12:24 pm »
@DCPatriot
Pithy....but like most of your spewings, quite uninsightful.  Or you could grow up, take a break from the trump kook-aid (not a typo) and rebut the point...you know, like an adult.

But you won't.

Get lost!    We addressed your specific 'concern' a thousand times here.

Try to catch up....no way is Donald Trump anywhere as bad as Hillary Clinton.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 04:12:51 pm »

Some of you need to stop drinking and others of you need to start.

lol

Offline endicom

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 04:16:21 pm »

I've disliked Trump for decades and I agree with you. My feelings do not guide my vote.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2016, 04:21:41 pm »
4 reports on this teeny thread.

Some of you need to stop drinking and others of you need to start.

Well, we're already doing the Safe Space thing, so maybe we need to start posting trigger warnings.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline unknown

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2016, 04:57:00 pm »
Somehow, a lot of folks have convinced themselves that a Clinton presidency won't be all THAT bad.  I just do not understand how one achieves that level of delusion.

"I just do not understand how one achieves that level of delusion."

They start by convincing themselves that Obama's presidency wasn't all that bad. Maybe even good times are here again - 4.5% unemployment; record high stock markets, blah blah blah...

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2016, 05:07:16 pm »
Those that think that an endorsement for Trump is a 'game changer' are delusional and those that think that Trump will be any less harmful than Clinton are equally delusional.  I'm still trying to figure out what part of "Trump's objective is to hijack the GOP" do Trump supporters not understand?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2016, 05:08:07 pm »
Somehow, a lot of folks have convinced themselves that a Clinton presidency won't be all THAT bad.  I just do not understand how one achieves that level of delusion.

I for one always clearly understood the dangers of a Hillary presidency. I also clearly understood that a Trump candidacy facilitated a Hillary presidency and an increase in Democratic presence in Congress, which is why I strongly opposed Trump.

As things stand right now, here on this plane of existence, it appears that Trump will go down in a ball of fire and take some in Congress with him.

My vote makes no difference in Florida, but even if it did, to cast it for the man whom I believe will spell the end of the conservative movement and the GOP, is abhorrent to me.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12:55 pm »

@DCPatriot
You have?!?  Awesome!  Then I'm sure you'll have zero trouble directing me to three things that Donald Trump has DONE (not just flapped his obnoxious mouth about), prior to running for president (I.e. The first 69 years of his life) that show that he has a single sincerely held conservative belief.  By your own statement, they must number in the thousands.

You see, because I am a conservative and believe we are on the brink of losing this country forever, I believe conservative principles and ideals are what are necessary to save this country.  Thus, if I don't believe he is conservative (at all), and in fact believe him, by the ACTIONS of his entire life, to be just as bad as Hillary, why on earth should I vote for what will be more of the same failed ideology? 

I'm open to reconsidering my stance (because I'm not a kool aid drinker), direct me to his voluminous actions as a conservative stalwart.  Are you open to reconsidering that you may number amongst his many fools?  If not, it is you, sir, who needs to get lost.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »

I've disliked Trump for decades and I agree with you. My feelings do not guide my vote.

Nor do mine.  My conclusion is based upon empirical evidence: how has lived his entire life...with remarkably similar values to the Clintons.

What empirical evidence can you offer that his entire life has been a lie and only what he is saying now is true?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 05:19:41 pm »

...  I view a Trump Presidency as a beachhead to gain ground on which to fight.

@don-o

I remember people saying that about Boy Jorge,McLunatic, and Romney.

I also remember America losing ground with every one of those SOB's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2016, 05:22:59 pm »

@DCPatriot

ROFLMAO! Donald Trump IS Hillary Clinton,but lacking her basic sense of honesty.

What does that tell you about him?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
Those that think that an endorsement for Trump is a 'game changer' are delusional and those that think that Trump will be any less harmful than Clinton are equally delusional.

@libertybele

One is going to try to steal America and get paid off under the table,and the other one is going to try to sell it off and just keep the profits.

I'm wondering how much of a commission Ebay would get from Trump selling Yosemite National Park,and if his commission would be included in the sale price,or added on.

Offline endicom

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2016, 05:38:00 pm »
Nor do mine.  My conclusion is based upon empirical evidence: how has lived his entire life...with remarkably similar values to the Clintons.

What empirical evidence can you offer that his entire life has been a lie and only what he is saying now is true?

I guess you asked the same about Reagan, right?

geronl

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2016, 05:45:59 pm »
@don-o

I remember people saying that about Boy Jorge,McLunatic, and Romney.

I also remember America losing ground with every one of those SOB's.

:thumbsup:

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2016, 05:52:48 pm »

Clever...answering a question with a question.  But see, I'll actually answer yours.  Of course, and Reagan had 20 years of living and speaking and GOVERNING as a conservative to show that his transformation was real and heartfelt.

Now, sport, how about you answer my question...or just admit that you can't....because you can't.  The same reason others won't answer the question...instead there will be deflection and denial and obfuscation....but no answer to the question or admission of error.

Offline beandog

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2016, 05:53:57 pm »

Pres. Reagan was not 69 when he suddenly had a change of mind in order to run as a Republican for president. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2016, 06:03:50 pm »
Clever...answering a question with a question.  But see, I'll actually answer yours.  Of course, and Reagan had 20 years of living and speaking and GOVERNING as a conservative to show that his transformation was real and heartfelt.

Now, sport, how about you answer my question...or just admit that you can't....because you can't.  The same reason others won't answer the question...instead there will be deflection and denial and obfuscation....but no answer to the question or admission of error.

As governor of California, Reagan may have talked a conservative line but he governed a big government line.

Trump is a wild card. With HRC we will become Venezuela Norte, if she has her way. Like Obama has had his way. Had his way with a Republican congress. Trump is the only one who might shake up that congress.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2016, 06:04:55 pm »
@DCPatriot

I'm open to reconsidering my stance (because I'm not a kool aid drinker), direct me to his voluminous actions as a conservative stalwart.

@Axeslinger

Here is what his leftist supporters refuse to acknowledge.

Trump is not conservative.

He said his favorite president was Bill Clinton. I know of no conservative who has ever said that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has given 6-digit figures to the corrupt Clinton Foundation. Trump has. In fact, Trump has given heavily to far left democrat politicians like Charles Schumer, Harry Reid, Anthony Wiener, Hillary Clinton, Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe, Rahm Emmanuel, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. Sure, he has given to Republicans also, but the majority of his generosity has gone to democrats, and the most corrupt among them.

I am unaware of any conservative who wants to ban "assault weapons". There is no such thing you know. "Assault weapon" is a term created by anti-gun liberals so they could ban guns based on cosmetic appearances...and Trump, being the liberal that he is, fell for it.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said they want to extend the waiting periods to purchase firearms. Trump has.

I am unaware of any conservative who has praised as "Brilliant" gun-grabbing leftist and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg for "Putting His Money Where His Mouth Is" on guns. Conservatives don't want to take guns, they respect the Second Amendment. Trump said he was for it. Conservative? I think not.

I am unaware of any conservative saying "the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said “Bush was probably the worst president in the history of the United States.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative saying “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has supported nearly every facet of Obama’s disastrous economic agenda.  Trump did just that.

Conservative Supreme Court Justices William Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented on the 2005 Kelo Decision, which was the taking of a private individual's property, not for "public use" as is normally the case with eminent domain, but to give it to private industry as was done with Kelo (it was taken and given to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals). Being the crony capitalist he is, Trump said he was "100% for it".

From the bank bailouts to the auto bailouts, Trump has supported every facet of Obama’s economic plan.  His contributions to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi helped get them reelected so they could then foist Obamacare on the nation.  He claims he wants to “Make America Great Again” while in reality, he has supported every liberal who worked to destroy it.

Trump is a liberal, he cannot be trusted and he will never get my vote.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:05:48 pm by Vulcan »

HonestJohn

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »

Nope, all that was done by Trump supporters was to lie, insult, and demand others be expelled from the site.

Which is the Trump way, but it's nothing like what you posted.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2016, 06:17:46 pm »
As governor of California, Reagan may have talked a conservative line but he governed a big government line.

Trump is a wild card. With HRC we will become Venezuela Norte, if she has her way. Like Obama has had his way. Had his way with a Republican congress. Trump is the only one who might shake up that congress.
e
I have no problem whatsoever with people reaching their own verdict and deciding they're willing to roll the dice on trump...I've considered it myself, at length.  However, i have a huge problem with w the thought police who call me every name in the book because I choose to vote according to my personal principles solely because my principles are different than theirs.  And when I challenge them on their misguided notions, asking for facts (as I did you)  I never get an answer only more ad hominems and comparisons to despicable liberals.

Cheers to you for not taking that path.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »
@endicom
And you can look at the reply directly above this one for a textbook example of what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:23:52 pm by Axeslinger »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2016, 06:24:06 pm »
This is a game changer.  I'm switching from Pokemon Go to Clash of Clans right now!!!

Offline unknown

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2016, 06:27:03 pm »

On the liberal Ronald Reagan:

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

“I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and who have lived here even though sometime back they may have entered illegally.”

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,”

"Why I'm for the Brady Bill" Ronald Reagan, http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html

As governor, Reagan signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up until that point.

Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street,

Reagan passed the most liberal pro-choice legislation up until that time as governor of California, the Therapeutic Abortion Act, signed on June 14, 1967.

“If you look at my father and you just knew him as governor — raised taxes, signed an abortion bill, no-fault divorce, and a few other things — today, the argument against him would come from the right, not from the left.”

Ronald Reagan - then a liberal Democrat - campaigns on the radio for President Truman in 1948. He also supports Hubert Humphrey for Senator from Minnesota and opposes the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 which had been passed by the Republican congress over Truman's veto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDhS4oUm0M  Listen here to Ronald Reagan espouse his liberal values.

This is Ronald Reagan speaking to you from Hollywood.

You know me as a motion picture actor but tonight I’m just a citizen concerned about the national election next month and more than a little impatient with those promises the Republicans made before they got control of Congress a couple years ago. I remember listening to the radio on election night. Joseph Martin, the Republican Speaker of the House, said very solemnly and I quote, “We Republicans intend to work for a real increase in income for everybody by encouraging more production and lower prices without impairing wages or working conditions,” unquote. Remember that promise: a real increase in income for everybody. But what actually happened? The profits of corporations have doubled, while workers wages have increased by only one-quarter. In other words, profits have gone up four times as much as wages, and the small increase workers did receive was was more than eaten up by rising prices, which have also bored into their savings….the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, which reported a net profit of $210 million after taxes for the first half of 1948; an increase of 70% in one year.

In other words, higher prices have not been caused by higher wages, but by bigger and bigger profits. The Republican promises sounded pretty good in 1946, but what has happened since then, since the 80th Congress took over? Prices have climbed to the highest level in history, although the death of the OPA was supposed to bring prices down “through the natural process of free competition”, unquote. Labor has been handcuffed with the vicious Taft-Hartley law. Social Security benefits have been snatched away from almost a million workers by the Gearhart bill. Fair employment practices, which had worked so well during war time, have been abandoned. Veterans’ pleas for low cost homes have been ignored, and many people are still living in made-over chicken coops and garages. Tax reduction bills have been passed to benefit the higher-income brackets alone. The average worker saved only $1.73 a week. In the false name of economy, millions of children have been deprived of milk once provided through the federal school lunch program. This was the payoff of the Republican promises. And this is why we must have new faces in the Congress of the United States: Democratic faces. This is why we must elect not only President Truman, but also men like Mayor Hubert Humphrey of Minneapolis, the Democratic candidate for Senator from Minnesota. Mayor Humphrey, 37, is one of the ablest men in public life…. Mayor Humphrey is fighting for all the principles advocated by President Truman. For adequate low-cost housing, for civil rights, for prices people can afford to pay, and for a labor movement freed of the Taft-Hartley law.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2016, 06:28:15 pm »

Trump is not a wild card. He is a liberal who has supported and funded and actively was part of the establishment his whole adult life. He has backed and supported like Nancy Pelosi and other libs and McConnell when he had a TEA Party challenger. Trump is no blank slate.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »
You have friends?
They are wonderful, someday you will find one.