Author Topic: Massive Game Changer: Donald Trump Got The Biggest Endorsement Yet!  (Read 18235 times)

Offline Axeslinger

Re: Massive Game Changer: Donald Trump Got The Biggest Endorsement Yet!
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2016, 09:44:42 pm »
My response would be that he's successfully accomplished as much for the Conservative movement as Ted Cruz did/does.

I've already acknowledged that Trump is no Conservative.  Dozens of times, perhaps.

I DON'T CARE!

Not with the other possible winner selecting the next 3 SCOTUS justices.

And as I've said to others...fair enough and thank you for your honesty...most trumpeters won't go there.

But ultimately, as I said in that post 59 (which was posited because you denigrated me and my principles), I believe it will take conservative principles to pull us back from the brink.  And as we've chosen, by your own admission, someone who is not conservative, I believe we are royally and completely screwed (which is when you called me a drama queen).

I understand you have a different perception and different principles, we all do.  You place great value on the SCOTUS nominations.  Believe it or not, so do I.  I just have absolutely zero faith in Trump to nominate anyone better than Hillary will.  He had too many weasel words in there when he put forth his list...and for goodness sake, if he can completely back away from"the wall", a cornerstone of his entire candidacy, why on earth should I believe anything he says on SCOTUS noms?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2016, 09:54:57 pm »
 I've already acknowledged that Trump is no Conservative.  Dozens of times, perhaps.

I DON'T CARE!

And therein lies your PROBLEM, not MINE.

Like that matters NOW, anyway.

Trump, a life long NY Liberal, is gonna appoint Conservative Supreme Court Justices right after he deports 12 million illegals and makes Mexico pay for HIS wall......put the bong down.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2016, 10:05:57 pm »
And as I've said to others...fair enough and thank you for your honesty...most trumpeters won't go there.

But ultimately, as I said in that post 59 (which was posited because you denigrated me and my principles), I believe it will take conservative principles to pull us back from the brink.  And as we've chosen, by your own admission, someone who is not conservative, I believe we are royally and completely screwed (which is when you called me a drama queen).

I understand you have a different perception and different principles, we all do.  You place great value on the SCOTUS nominations.  Believe it or not, so do I.  I just have absolutely zero faith in Trump to nominate anyone better than Hillary will.  He had too many weasel words in there when he put forth his list...and for goodness sake, if he can completely back away from"the wall", a cornerstone of his entire candidacy, why on earth should I believe anything he says on SCOTUS noms?

I apologize to you.

Obviously we got off on the wrong foot....my fault.

If everyone could take the time you did here, this place would be different.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2016, 10:10:33 pm »

I DON'T CARE!

And therein lies your PROBLEM, not MINE.

Like that matters NOW, anyway.

Trump, a life long NY Liberal, is gonna appoint Conservative Supreme Court Justices right after he deports 12 million illegals and makes Mexico pay for HIS wall......put the bong down.

He's not going to deport "12 million".

He claims he's going to start deporting the criminal illegals starting DAY 1.

Hopefully, the next step would be to turn off the Federal $$$ spigot to all States that coddle them in Sanctuary Cities.

No welfare....no benefits.

If you are not GAINFULLY employed and paying withholding and FICA....go back home and learn English and get in line if you want to return.

What's the problem IF he does that?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »
He's not going to deport "12 million".

He claims he's going to start deporting the criminal illegals starting DAY 1.

Hopefully, the next step would be to turn off the Federal $$$ spigot to all States that coddle them in Sanctuary Cities.

No welfare....no benefits.

If you are not GAINFULLY employed and paying withholding and FICA....go back home and learn English and get in line if you want to return.

What's the problem IF he does that?   :shrug:
Which criminal illegal aliens would those be?

They are all, excuse me, that would be ALL breaking the law and thus (with adjudication) criminals just for being here.

ALL 12 million (or 30 million, or however many there really are). 

If they are in prisons, they are there for another reason, and letting them loose there may have them back on the streets here even faster than having them serve sentences, despite the expense.

As for the rest, ship 'em out, first come, first served. Don't let the little fish go to grow into big ones.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2016, 10:35:38 pm »
I apologize to you.

Obviously we got off on the wrong foot....my fault.

If everyone could take the time you did here, this place would be different.    :beer:

Thank you and  :beer:

Ultimately, I believe all this trump/never trump comes down to this:  those who truly believe him, those who feel like they have no choice but to hope he's telling the truth, and those who cannot trust him, at this stage, no matter what he does, because of how he has lived his life.  I am a never trump,never Hillary.  But should he win, no one will be happier than I to vote for him for a second term if he proves me completely wrong.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2016, 10:39:42 pm »
Which criminal illegal aliens would those be?

They are all, excuse me, that would be ALL breaking the law and thus (with adjudication) criminals just for being here.

ALL 12 million (or 30 million, or however many there really are). 

If they are in prisons, they are there for another reason, and letting them loose there may have them back on the streets here even faster than having them serve sentences, despite the expense.

As for the rest, ship 'em out, first come, first served. Don't let the little fish go to grow into big ones.

Taking the position that they are "criminals" simply by their presence?   

Haven't seen that argument since the early years at TOS.

We've got (In Maryland) ....and I'm not exaggerating....ENTIRE ZIP CODES overflowing with illegals.

If they were all deported, the economies would collapse.   

Not gonna happen, sir.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:40:32 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2016, 10:43:02 pm »
Thank you and  :beer:

Ultimately, I believe all this trump/never trump comes down to this: 

those who truly believe him,
those who feel like they have no choice but to hope he's telling the truth,
and those who cannot trust him, at this stage, no matter what he does, because of how he has lived his life. 

I am a never trump,never Hillary.  But should he win, no one will be happier than I to vote for him for a second term if he proves me completely wrong.

I'm one AND two....    :laugh:

Offline unknown

« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2016, 10:45:35 pm »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline LMAO

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2016, 10:53:50 pm »
But should he win, no one will be happier than I to vote for him for a second term if he proves me completely wrong.

@Axeslinger

Ditto
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2016, 11:00:03 pm »
Taking the position that they are "criminals" simply by their presence?   

Haven't seen that argument since the early years at TOS.

We've got (In Maryland) ....and I'm not exaggerating....ENTIRE ZIP CODES overflowing with illegals.

If they were all deported, the economies would collapse.   

Not gonna happen, sir.
At risk of seeming shrill on the subject, What point is there in having either laws or a border if they aren't going to be enforced?

Elsewhere in the country, American Citizen parents are keel hauled by Social services because their kids skip school but it is economically inconvenient to bother to enforce the Federal immigration laws or the borders? WTF? And why in the hell are we paying for this? Congress will just have to hire Americans for pool cleaners, house servants, and nannies.

The system is broken, and it isn't going to get unbroken if everyone just looks the other way.
I've been paying taxes since I was 14, you don't think those were economically inconvenient? There are times when If I had that money, it would have saved my little economy from collapsing. Maybe they should take their little enterprise zone home to their native land, and be legal there.

Perhaps if we deported the people who knowing hired them, too, right along with them, that economy would eventually recover.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:02:06 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2016, 11:01:16 pm »
The expression on Payton's face is like being trapped in a car with your pro-Trump old maid aunt.

Nationwide theme:  "Help me God, I want to die!"

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:01:49 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2016, 11:10:17 pm »
The expression on Payton's face is like being trapped in a car with your pro-Trump old maid aunt.

Why won't she shut up??

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2016, 11:15:54 pm »

Meh......she probably told him Papa John's Pizza sucks!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »
@musiclady
@Smokin Joe
@HonestJohn
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

Thank you to all of you who stepped up and had this noob's back.

:beer:

@Axeslinger

A privilege, sir!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
@musiclady
@Smokin Joe
@HonestJohn
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

Bro noplem.
Po broplem.
No problem!

(Hic!)

I had one too many of da beers!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2016, 11:46:42 pm »
Uhhhh........,uhhhhhh,could you guys PLEASE call this crap a draw and withdraw to your respective corners to be sedated?

I hate to admit it,but this crap is making my head hurt. I've heard teenage girls have arguments that make more sense.

BTW,I am most certainly NOT a moderator,and have more tolerance for nonsense than most people,but  you guys have worn me out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Wingnut

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2016, 12:05:05 am »
Uhhhh........,uhhhhhh,could you guys PLEASE call this crap a draw and withdraw to your respective corners to be sedated?

I hate to admit it,but this crap is making my head hurt. I've heard teenage girls have arguments that make more sense.

BTW,I am most certainly NOT a moderator,and have more tolerance for nonsense than most people,but  you guys have worn me out.

They finally broke you!  lol

Welcome to the club! :laugh:

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2016, 12:25:02 am »

Uhhhh.....uhhhhh..... We did!

:finger:

Basically, @DCPatriot admitted he's always been wrong about everything! :whistle: :whistle:  :tongue2:

Unfortunately, I think he'd probably say the same thing!

geronl

« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2016, 01:54:36 am »
@musiclady
@Smokin Joe
@HonestJohn
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

Your welcome.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2016, 03:34:42 am »
@musiclady
@Smokin Joe
@HonestJohn
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

The fact is that DC has your back too.  You want smaller government?...so does DC.  You want to squeeze out special interests?...same.  You want every able-bodied American carrying?  Hell yes!  You want the rats to be a permanent minority party? yep.  You want illegal immigration stopped?  uh huh.  You want Jesus restored as the center of American culture...

well...
he's not so great on the social issues
...but...

I've known DC for almost 3 years now.  He don't take no sh!t, but he doesn't push it either.  He's the real deal.  He's as conservative as they make them and I can tell you he is just as disappointed that I don't support Trump as I am disappointed that he does.  Plus he's a huge comic book nerd and it is really hard to find conservative comic book nerds.

You can talk to Musiclady or Oceander and they will tell you nobody is more aggravating than DC.  Nobody has pushed their button repeatedly more than DC.  I have mad-deep love for Musiclady and Oceander, you'll learn alot from both, but if you want your views challenged from a conservative perspective...if you want to strengthen your arguments...you should read more of DC's posts.

He is intellectually honest, and he pulls no punches.

Welcome to the ThunderDome Axeslinger.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2016, 03:38:08 am »
@musiclady
@Smokin Joe
@HonestJohn
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

You're Welcome!

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2016, 04:25:31 am »
I'm sorry. I must have missed the rule that said you had to read the entire board, even the parts that "wear you out."

I've posted on several boards over the years. The rule we operated under when we were worn out on a subject or just not interested was to SOB ... scroll on by.

@AllThatJazzZ

It's not the subject,dummy. It's the constant "he said/she said" repeated over and over that we have to scroll past to read actual opinions. That crap makes it hard to read about the subject.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2016, 07:51:04 am »

From the bottom of my heart, a sincere thank you, sir!   

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2016, 04:56:30 pm »
Well said.  Trump cynics should also realize that Trump is far more impeachable than Hillary.  Compare Clinton to Nixon in the past.

Seems like, I dunno, giving up rather easily. As a Trump Realist - cr @LonestarDream  I view a Trump Presidency as a beachhead to gain ground on which to fight.

And, I do my best to refrain from despair.  My faith and my morality do not allow it.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?