Author Topic: The Foreign Policy Establishment’s War on Trump  (Read 241 times)

Offline unknown

The Foreign Policy Establishment’s War on Trump
« on: August 26, 2016, 06:43:07 pm »

The Foreign Policy Establishment’s War on Trump

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/the_foreign_policy_establishments_war_on_trump.html

G. Murphy Donovan
August 26, 2016

You probably never heard of Max Boot, not that you missed much.

Like Ash Carter, Mister Boot is one of those defense intellectuals who makes a living from all things vicarious; consulting, “scholarship,” partisan journalism, political appointments, and think tank sinecures. The shorthand for the Boot stereotype in Washington is “Beltway bandit.”

Boot was born in Moscow and has served as one of Senator John McCain’s foreign policy advisors. You could do worse than think of Boot as a Russophobic wing nut. He also is a rabid advocate of regime change, global intervention, Russia-baiting, small wars for Islam, and other crackpot schemes such as “no-fly” zones in the Levant. Sound familiar? As a so-called “conservative” supporter of the Clintons, Max is now an official inductee into the no-fault school of foreign policy.

Conservative and Neo-Con critiques of Trump are a hollow mix of adolescent speculations, ad vericundiam and ad hominem rants. Unlike Mrs. Clinton, Trump doesn’t have any military or foreign policy failures in his resume. Trump is damned for what he says while Hillary gets a pass from conservatives for the policy disasters she has wrought.

Apparently, logic is no longer a required subject at Berkeley, Yale, or the CFR. Simply put, the Max Boot argument comes to: “I’m a real Republican and a true conservative and I’m voting for Hillary.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)