Author Topic: Court orders State to hand over new Clinton emails by Sept. 13  (Read 524 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Court orders State to hand over new Clinton emails by Sept. 13

By Anna Giaritelli (@anna_giaritelli) • 8/25/16 5:21 PM

A federal court ruled Thursday that the State Department has until Sept. 13 to begin handing over emails recovered by the FBI from Hillary Clinton's private server.

The order came in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch, a conservative-leaning watchdog group, over communications between Clinton and the White House from the day of and week after the Sept. 11, 2012 terror attack in Benghazi.

"The State Department shall search the material, determine whether any responsive records exist, and complete its first production of non-exempt records, to the extent any exist, by September 13, 2016," the court ruled.

Judicial Watch said the department has admitted in a court filing for a separate lawsuit that some of the emails that Clinton had deleted included some "Benghazi-related documents."

That case involves "[a]ny and all emails of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton concerning, regarding, or relating to the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya," according to documents filed by the State Department on Tuesday.

Attorneys for the State Department told the court that, by Sept. 30, the agency plans to begin handing over to Judicial Watch the Benghazi-related records discovered among emails provided by the FBI.

Judicial Watch scored another victory this week in a third, more high-profile FOIA case when a federal judge granted its request to ask questions of Clinton under oath. However, the court stopped short of forcing Clinton to submit for a deposition, ordering her instead to answer a set of written questions within 30 days of receiving them.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/court-orders-state-to-hand-over-new-clinton-emails-by-sept.-13/article/2600223
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Court orders State to hand over new Clinton emails by Sept. 13
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »
Is the United States Department of State still working for us or are they working for someone or something else?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:44:25 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »
Is the United States Department of State still working for us or are they working for someone or something else?
When have they ever worked for us?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:47:53 pm »
When have they ever worked for us?

Only part time! At least since the 1920s!

- J. R. R. Tolkien