Author Topic: Palin: Trump’s Immigration Flip Doesn’t Matter  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Re: Palin: Trump’s Immigration Flip Doesn’t Matter
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 02:48:15 am »
I live in an area where there was a tremendous influx of Hispanics; predominately from Cuba and Mexico.  It got to the point that companies (mostly construction related) couldn't compete with those companies that were hiring 'day labor'/illegals -- in fact they would pick them up by the truckload in the morning. The unemployment rate in the area began to skyrocket as jobs were going to the illegals.  It wasn't that people didn't want to work; they weren't being hired. Businesses could hire cheaper labor and didn't cover their illegals with Workman's compensation and they would take money out for taxes but wouldn't forward it to the feds.The first couple of years during the Obama administration when this area was one of the hardest hit by the recession, businesses folded and construction was nearly at a stand still.  Lo and behold, the influx of Hispanics diminished greatly and they began to self-deport.

Point being that this is an example of Americans wanting to work, but jobs are/were taken by illegals; many are paid under the table and don't pay taxes, or taxes are taken out and never make it to the Feds.

I'll relate a story.

Back in the mid 80's I was working on a new coal plant.. My Family business building some masonry walls  at the place the train was dumped into the pit. An interesting thing itself.... they pull the train up one car at a time and rotate the floor to dump it.. yes after clamping the car in place.... but I digress.

Anyways it was a Brown and Root job. We were the only Anglo's there.

One day , about 11:00 O' clock the loudspeakers announced that "Immigration was at the front gate and would be allowed in in 15 minutes".

Well, that became the quietest jobsite ever.  I remember an Immigration officer coming up to me and asking if I had seen any illegals.  My reply was as follows....."See all those Carpenter belts laying all around... everyone had a wetback in them just 20 minutes ago".

Jobs Americans wont do my ass.

And it has only gotten worse.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:25 am »
And yet this Simple Bricklayer knows , by his own eyes, the damage that illegal aliens have wrought in the construction industry.  Lower wages and jobs stolen from Americans.

Pick all the lettuce you want.. but illegal aliens are stealing jobs from Americans in the trades and other fields.

As I said in a post yesterday...paraphrased...

People that make excuses for lack of enforcement/illegals INVARIABLY have either a financial benefit to those illegals remaining, or are married to, friends with, or otherwise personally connected to illegals. Directly, through friends, whatever.

They will twist the living hell out of reality to make sure THEIR illegals stay in America to benefit them.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2016, 02:57:04 am »
As I said in a post yesterday...paraphrased...

People that make excuses for lack of enforcement/illegals INVARIABLY have either a financial benefit to those illegals remaining, or are married to, friends with, or otherwise personally connected to illegals. Directly, through friends, whatever.

They will twist the living hell out of reality to make sure THEIR illegals stay in America to benefit them.

Yep.

Frederick Douglass

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2016, 03:03:26 am »
And yet this Simple Bricklayer knows , by his own eyes, the damage that illegal aliens have wrought in the construction industry.  Lower wages and jobs stolen from Americans.

That's a fact - It's been a few years now, but one of my best boys wound up having to go down to Arizona... Top flight painter, absolutely the best I have ever seen on a blow - Put him in a 5-7000 ft2 house interior in the morning, he'll have it bagged and blown through all three coats and be walking off by noon - all by himself - And really good work. Perfect.

So he comes to give me his two weeks, I gave him a nice severance bonus and a very good letter of recommendation.
Within a month in Arizona he was in big trouble. Within 3 months he was on food stamps. There was plenty of work, but he couldn't get hired. Not for any money. The Mexicans had it sewed up.

He finally called me up because he was all done. On the street. I staked him a bus ride and onioned him some dough so he could go home to Seattle where his dad was dying. He was 3 days back in Seattle and nailed a job down at his normal rate (22.75)...

Yeah, if you are in Construction, sure as hell, don't go South.

geronl

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2016, 03:06:32 am »
I remember an article in the Dallas Morning News, years ago (yes, an MSM outlet!) about a guy sent down to start a lettuce factory just over the border in Mexico. Quality was a problem since all the workers were urinating and pooping in the lettuce field. So he brought in port-a-potties.

This was not the solution. They had to actually teach their workers how to use a toilet, wipe their behinds and clean their hands and not to poop in the fields.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2016, 03:09:07 am »
That's a fact - It's been a few years now, but one of my best boys wound up having to go down to Arizona... Top flight painter, absolutely the best I have ever seen on a blow - Put him in a 5-7000 ft2 house interior in the morning, he'll have it bagged and blown through all three coats and be walking off by noon - all by himself - And really good work. Perfect.

So he comes to give me his two weeks, I gave him a nice severance bonus and a very good letter of recommendation.
Within a month in Arizona he was in big trouble. Within 3 months he was on food stamps. There was plenty of work, but he couldn't get hired. Not for any money. The Mexicans had it sewed up.

He finally called me up because he was all done. On the street. I staked him a bus ride and onioned him some dough so he could go home to Seattle where his dad was dying. He was 3 days back in Seattle and nailed a job down at his normal rate (22.75)...

Yeah, if you are in Construction, sure as hell, don't go South.

Yeah, I am in Northern Oklahoma..... it is overrun here now too.

At the battlefront for jobs Americans won't do.  Although you have plenty in Yakima up north there.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:11:47 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 03:14:34 am »
I remember an article in the Dallas Morning News, years ago (yes, an MSM outlet!) about a guy sent down to start a lettuce factory just over the border in Mexico. Quality was a problem since all the workers were urinating and pooping in the lettuce field. So he brought in port-a-potties.

This was not the solution. They had to actually teach their workers how to use a toilet, wipe their behinds and clean their hands and not to poop in the fields.

You do not even want to know what a porta potty looks like a few days after the Mohados show up on a job site.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2016, 03:29:10 am »
Yea see I spent a decade as a reporter in an area that is heavily invested in illegal labor working at farms. And I can tell everyone here from experience in dealing with these people DIRECTLY that they have depressed wages and they are rather aware and proud of it.

And that they know full well that they are playing their role in Reconquista. They know full well that they live better here and still have cash to spare undercutting American labor. So much so they send billions of it home. They don't mind reduced wages because they know that the Democrats make up the difference in social services bennies.

So don't tell me about slogans. I reported on this crap for years.

Did I say anything about illegal workers?

All I've said about illegal workers, is that when they use someone else's SS # to get a job, the Federal government benefits by keeping all the withholdings.

You're carrying on about things I haven't said

The situations I've described are large farm cooperatives that are required by law to post all available jobs not only in local publications, but list them with the State and Federal governments.

Whatever labor they can't get by those means, they bring in via Federally issued work permits.

The wages paid for those jobs are significantly higher than the $15/hour that unions are calling a "living wage" in the US. If the Unions call $15/hr a "living wage" then earning a wage higher than that can't possibly be construed as depressing the wages. How much do you think an individual whose sole skill set is picking strawberries or artichokes and putting them in a basket be paid per hour?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Fantom

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 03:36:31 am »

The wages paid for those jobs are significantly higher than the $15/hour that unions are calling a "living wage" in the US. If the Unions call $15/hr a "living wage" then earning a wage higher than that can't possibly be construed as depressing the wages. How much do you think an individual whose sole skill set is picking strawberries or artichokes and putting them in a basket be paid per hour?

Migrant  farm workers are not the same as what the massive inflow of illegal aliens is about. 

I would pay migrant farm a living wage for where they come from. Plus room and board then ship them back after the season.

A Win win for both.

You seem to want to conflate migrant lettuce pickers with jobs Americans WILL Do , and the illegal alien hordes invading and stealing those jobs.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2016, 03:47:57 am »
I read a similar story in the DMN about an American company that was having the same problem and brought in porta-potties.  The Mexicans refused to use the porta-potties because they get paid by the load.  It took too much time to walk to the porta-potties that had to be kept a certain distance from the lettuce for safety to prevent cholera.  They weren't getting paid much; so every head of lettuce they got in the truck was important to them.  The company finally realized they were going to have to pay then by the hour.

Mexican lettuce has to be thoroughly washed which is hard to wash because of all the leaves.  Cholera is a big problem down there because of it.  Mexican farmers can't seem to understand that paying by the hour may slow down the workers, but it sure saves on safety, or else they don't give a flip.

Well, their bathroom habits ..as I have observed on American construction sites, are less than ..ah first world. Now imagine the lettuce they pick here.

Thank God I garden.. and for irradiation.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2016, 03:55:43 am »
Did I say anything about illegal workers?

I'm a bit confused by this response. Help me out here.

WTF are we talking about again? It isn't Americans of Mexican or any other lineage. It's Illegal workers driving down wages. Who do you suppose is driving down wages? Do you suppose it is American citizens cutting their own throats?

geronl

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2016, 03:58:34 am »

Well, their bathroom habits ..as I have observed on American construction sites, are less than ..ah first world. Now imagine the lettuce they pick here.

Thank God I garden.. and for irradiation.

As third world countries go, Mexico is upper class. lol. I have read reviews about Liberia where people caution you to stay off the beach because its a human litter box.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2016, 04:09:10 am »
As third world countries go, Mexico is upper class. lol. I have read reviews about Liberia where people caution you to stay off the beach because its a human litter box.

Ah..Rio at it's best..Olympics.

Can't speak to Liberians...never encountered a crew of 'Em here.  :pondering:

Seriously thou...  what is with the paper in the urinal and pissing on the floor with the Mohados? What is up with that?

And language. If I typed what they spew.. Myst would really learn some new stuf.  Ok , old stuf in a new language. :whistle:

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2016, 04:15:23 am »
Ah..Rio at it's best..Olympics.

And language. If I typed what they spew.. Myst would really learn some new stuf.  Ok , old stuf in a new language. :whistle:

Well, I expect the athletes and tourists picked up some new things that will spread like the plague!

geronl

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2016, 04:30:08 am »
I've traveled in countries where they move their bowels in the street in front of God and everybody. 

I hear that's legal in New York City now.

geronl

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2016, 04:34:56 am »
Heard that too.  Giuliani needs to stop stumping for Trump and run for Mayor again to clean it back up.

Yo Rudy!

Put on your big boy dress and get'er done!!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2016, 04:35:34 am »

Note to self...No lettuce from NYC

Frederick Douglass

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2016, 05:05:00 am »
Yo Rudy!

Put on your big boy dress and get'er done!!

These two liberals were made for each other.

geronl

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2016, 05:48:01 am »
@Vulcan  Can you believe immigration went from the #1 penultimate issue for the Trumpers to "doesn't matter" in one Hannity special?

That's what you call principles and convictions and standing for something right there! NOT

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2016, 06:51:52 am »
@Vulcan  Can you believe immigration went from the #1 penultimate issue for the Trumpers to "doesn't matter" in one Hannity special?
@geronl

If you think it was penultimate, what so you think topped it??  I think it was the ultimate...I'd consider The Wall part of "immigration".  Without immigration being an issue, there'd be no wall talk.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »
I'm a bit confused by this response. Help me out here.

WTF are we talking about again? It isn't Americans of Mexican or any other lineage. It's Illegal workers driving down wages. Who do you suppose is driving down wages? Do you suppose it is American citizens cutting their own throats?

You responded to my comment about LEGAL foreign workers at the farms that I visit with a rant about ILLEGAL workers.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2016, 01:34:40 pm »

That's what you call principles and convictions and standing for something right there! NOT

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2016, 02:23:04 pm »
You responded to my comment about LEGAL foreign workers at the farms that I visit with a rant about ILLEGAL workers.

I have been following your comments on this subject and agree. Not taking the sensible approach to illeagal immigrants has alienated the Republican Party from the fastest grown voting bloc in the country. Republicans trying to take a sensible approach are ridiculed and despised by low information voters within there own Party.

What is sensible?
End sanctuary cities so there will be no place to hide for those not given leagal status.

FInd out who is here and what they have been doing. Reigistration, followed by legal status. To become a full citizen who can also vote they must follow the same process as anyone else. Those who have commited a felony do not qualify and must be deported. If in prizon they must serve out their time before being deported.

Businesses hiring anyone regardless of legal status or citizenry and paying them under the table to avoid taxes need to be fined heavily. So heavily that it is not worth doing.

Continue to strenthen our border and agree that a wall is not an answer for 100 percent of it. It is just not possible.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn