Author Topic: Palin: Trump’s Immigration Flip Doesn’t Matter  (Read 8500 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Palin: Trump’s Immigration Flip Doesn’t Matter
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »
On Fox News’ Thursday broadcast of “The O’Reilly Factor,” former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin defended Donald Trump’s softening immigration stance.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/26/palin-trumps-immigration-flip-doesnt-matter-hell-still-be-better-than-hillary-video/#ixzz4ISFhebVg

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Palin: Trump’s Immigration Flip Doesn’t Matter
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:04:03 pm »

The link can't be argued with: Hell will still be better than Hillary.   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »
At least she wasn't hawking a book about why Trump won't flip-flop on immigration.

lolz

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:46 pm »
What are Trump supporters for? I ask that question sincerely. If they flip their positions on issues to accommodate Trump's flips, is there anything that Trump would come out for or against that at least will give them some pause?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:58:15 pm »
What are Trump supporters for? I ask that question sincerely. If they flip their positions on issues to accommodate Trump's flips, is there anything that Trump would come out for or against that at least will give them some pause?

Nope, this is why they are now the cucks they accused others of being. Cuckooks. They made up the term and now they embody it.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 06:06:53 pm »
is there anything that Trump would come out for or against that at least will give them some pause?

Makes me wonder.....  :pondering:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 06:08:14 pm »
The link can't be argued with: Hell will still be better than Hillary.   :silly:

That may be true, but there were five or six of the other 16 Republican candidates that polled far better against Hillary than Trump did - yet Trump supporters would not consider them because they had a "softer stand" on the illegal immigrant problem.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 06:12:11 pm »
That may be true, but there were five or six of the other 16 Republican candidates that polled far better against Hillary than Trump did - yet Trump supporters would not consider them because they had a "softer stand" on the illegal immigrant problem.

Yup!

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 07:51:02 pm »

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 07:54:10 pm »

Yeah he's been piling those great moments up lately.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 07:56:04 pm »

And the end result is that those Trump supporters have likely given all 30 to 50 million illegals amnesty and eventual citizenship no matter which liberal wins.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 08:03:28 pm »
Trumpagra™ - If you have a hardline immigration policy lasting for more than 4 hours, seek medical help and change positions immediately.  If you experience an unexpected softening after taking Trumpagra™ - please go on Twitter and deny it.   
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 08:12:42 pm »

For years now, the "Alt Right", or whatever you want to call them, has been busy working to bring down any GOP politician who even hints at the idea of legalizing any percentage of those here illegally as a solution to the issue of the millions of people here illegally. They've been clamoring for deportation, and nothng less will do.

We will never round up and deport 11+ million people.

Let me say that again.

It's not that we don't want to, but rather than even if we actually wanted to, it would be logistically and (possibly) so legally burdensome and complex that it would never actually happen.

Some people don't want to hear that. But the fact that they don't want to hear it (believe it) makes it no less the objective truth.

Comes Trump, and he fires all those people up with talk of deporting 11+ million people in under two years, and building the Great Wall of Donald.

Either he was too clueless to understand that deporting 11+ million people not only was an impossibility, but an even greater impossibility within the time frame he promised, or he's a bold-faced liar.

Now that he's actually having to face the reality of the situation, he's coming around to the realization that the Gang of Eight Bill wasn't such a bad bill, and just like that, he drops all talk of deporting 11+ million people in under two years, and begins a soft-shoe shuffle to reality.

His supporters are not truly interested in reality. They like FR-style memes and slogans, and Trump just threw a change at them that they will never be able to accept.

As you said... there were a number of GOP candidates who could have beaten Hillary, but the Alt Right chose instead to hand her the victory by way of their support for the ONE candidate who would clearly lose to her.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:15:02 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »
Sarah Palin can now consider herself 'irrelevant' in politics and the conservative movement.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 08:58:20 pm »
Nope, this is why they are now the cucks they accused others of being. Cuckooks. They made up the term and now they embody it.

Can we not adopt the language of the "alt-right"?  (Note: The term "alt-right" is the Politically Correct way of referring to the skinheads, klansmen, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists found on the right)

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 09:02:28 pm »
For years now, the "Alt Right", or whatever you want to call them, has been busy working to bring down any GOP politician who even hints at the idea of legalizing any percentage of those here illegally as a solution to the issue of the millions of people here illegally. They've been clamoring for deportation, and nothng less will do.

Let me say that again.

It's not that we don't want to, but rather than even if we actually wanted to, it would be logistically and (possibly) so legally burdensome and complex that it would never actually happen.

Some people don't want to hear that. But the fact that they don't want to hear it (believe it) makes it no less the objective truth.

Comes Trump, and he fires all those people up with talk of deporting 11+ million people in under two years, and building the Great Wall of Donald.

Either he was too clueless to understand that deporting 11+ million people not only was an impossibility, but an even greater impossibility within the time frame he promised, or he's a bold-faced liar.

Now that he's actually having to face the reality of the situation, he's coming around to the realization that the Gang of Eight Bill wasn't such a bad bill, and just like that, he drops all talk of deporting 11+ million people in under two years, and begins a soft-shoe shuffle to reality.

His supporters are not truly interested in reality. They like FR-style memes and slogans, and Trump just threw a change at them that they will never be able to accept.

As you said... there were a number of GOP candidates who could have beaten Hillary, but the Alt Right chose instead to hand her the victory by way of their support for the ONE candidate who would clearly lose to her.

Good post.

Also,

The term "alt-right" is the Politically Correct way of referring to the skinheads, klansmen, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists found on the right.

Let us have the courtesy of giving Trump supporters the 'PC' free debate they demand.

:laugh:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:04:33 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 09:04:23 pm »
Can we not adopt the language of the "alt-right"?  (Note: The term "alt-right" is the Politically Correct way of referring to the skinheads, klansmen, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists found on the right)

I hate the term! But I want them to FEEL how shameful they are.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 09:05:13 pm »
Trumpagra™ - If you have a hardline immigration policy lasting for more than 4 hours, seek medical help and change positions immediately.  If you experience an unexpected softening after taking Trumpagra™ - please go on Twitter and deny it.

warning: I am going to be stealing this and making a few modifications.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 09:15:05 pm »
Are the People like Palin, Hannity, Ingraham, and Coulter just so emotionally invested now that they can't admit they've made an error in judgement?
Is it about money?
They new as well as we did that Trump said just 4 years ago that Romney's plain of self-deportation was "cruel".
They know that Trump had met with dreamers 3 years ago and said "You've convinced me".
Did they really think a 70 year old man was going to change life long beliefs on a dime?
Did anyone?
Apparently, it doesn't matter.

Hey I am all for stopping Hillary.

I was # NeverClinton even back before Trump was #ClintonDonor.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 09:21:58 pm »
For years now, the "Alt Right", or whatever you want to call them, has been busy working to bring down any GOP politician who even hints at the idea of legalizing any percentage of those here illegally as a solution to the issue of the millions of people here illegally. They've been clamoring for deportation, and nothing less will do.

We will never round up and deport 11+ million people.... it would be logistically and (possibly) so legally burdensome and complex that it would never actually happen.

You're spot on with this.  I recall trying to argue this same point on FR years ago, and basically nobody wanted to hear it.  And further, those same people will say that anyone who bows to the obvious fact, clearly supports "amnesty," against which charge there is no defense.  I suspect that for many such, there is a fair amount of actual bigotry behind the words. 

There is also a middle ground which they will not acknowledge, but is nevertheless evident in some of the statistics they cite in favor of deportation.

There are, in fact, significant costs associated with illegal immigration.  However, most of those costs (welfare, education, medical care) have been voluntarily assumed by cities, states, and the Federal Government.  The availability of free stuff, no questions asked, is quite a draw for people who live in poverty to the south of our borders.

Things like registration and citizenship requirements would permit a considerable amount of cost control; and employment and/or proof of financial capability would go further.  The difficulty would be in convincing the nice people who give away the free stuff, to actually require that sort of proof.

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 10:19:27 pm »
You're spot on with this.  I recall trying to argue this same point on FR years ago, and basically nobody wanted to hear it.  And further, those same people will say that anyone who bows to the obvious fact, clearly supports "amnesty," against which charge there is no defense.  I suspect that for many such, there is a fair amount of actual bigotry behind the words. 

There is also a middle ground which they will not acknowledge, but is nevertheless evident in some of the statistics they cite in favor of deportation.

There are, in fact, significant costs associated with illegal immigration.  However, most of those costs (welfare, education, medical care) have been voluntarily assumed by cities, states, and the Federal Government.  The availability of free stuff, no questions asked, is quite a draw for people who live in poverty to the south of our borders.

Things like registration and citizenship requirements would permit a considerable amount of cost control; and employment and/or proof of financial capability would go further.  The difficulty would be in convincing the nice people who give away the free stuff, to actually require that sort of proof.

Amnesty, despite all it's faults, would then force those who are now legalized to actually pay income and payroll taxes. 

Furthermore, it would force companies that employ illegals to then pay them, at worst, at least minimum wage.  Furthermore, they would have to pay all the taxes and fees and whatnot that they already have to for legal employees.

All that adds up to more cost savings as well.

geronl

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 10:21:53 pm »
Amnesty, despite all it's faults, would then force those who are now legalized to actually pay income and payroll taxes. 

Furthermore, it would force companies that employ illegals to then pay them, at worst, at least minimum wage.  Furthermore, they would have to pay all the taxes and fees and whatnot that they already have to for legal employees.

All that adds up to more cost savings as well.

and millions of new Democrat voters when the first case reaches a judge and he declares them all citizens

Offline r9etb

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 10:34:51 pm »
and millions of new Democrat voters when the first case reaches a judge and he declares them all citizens

Only if we roll over without a fight and let the Democrats take them.  Say what you will about illegal immigrants, a significant number of them come up here to actually work.  There's no reason why such people couldn't be added to the conservative ranks.

Well, there's one: if they figure that "conservative" is indistinguishable from "a political viewpoint that is held by people who hate me," then I guess the Democrats win.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 10:44:55 pm »
Only if we roll over without a fight and let the Democrats take them.  Say what you will about illegal immigrants, a significant number of them come up here to actually work.  There's no reason why such people couldn't be added to the conservative ranks.

Well, there's one: if they figure that "conservative" is indistinguishable from "a political viewpoint that is held by people who hate me," then I guess the Democrats win.

Again, one of the advantages of Ted Cruz. He didn't threaten or shout down those who disagree. He tried to sell them on our viewpoint.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 11:14:46 pm »

Most illegals with "regular" jobs pay income and payroll taxes. Most illegals that have been here any length of time have "regular" jobs.

The Feds benefit from their taxes.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/business/illegal-immigrants-are-bolstering-social-security-with-billions.html?_r=0

They also pay every other tax we pay. No one can pump gas without paying taxes.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:16:34 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx